“Mixed Emotions” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Liberty Lake, Washington
“Mixed Emotions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The room was very nice. It had 2 king size beds and a whirlpool tub overlooking the river, but that is where the nice stopped. A week before we were to arrive I noticed that the outdoor pool was closed (always read the fine print) and there was no hot water. Not good, so I called and was assured the water was fixed, but the pool was still closed. Since our grandkids were coming up after the weekend, we really needed a pool. They assured me they had an indoor pool which would have been OK. But Saturday, the indoor pool had been drained and they were painting and cleaning. So no pool for the kids. The outdoor pool, in my opinion was a health hazard, it was half full of green water and the fence around it was very old and rusty. A child could have fallen in and drown and no one would have even known! We were also told, on our confirmation that they had free breakfast. When we went to get breakfast on our first morning, we were told they no longer served breakfast. I was very disappointed in this hotel. The pictures are not what the hotel looks like. Please think twice about this hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Tina A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Two king beds with a jacuzzi tub and a balcony for $79 a night!!! Hotel service manager was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!! They are currently painting the pool. We did get to swim in it, it was indoors and cold! We didn't mind! Loved it, great stay! We will definitely be back!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank Jayson N Meliss... W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Go else where. There were roaches on the walls. The room across the hall was leaking water so we had to walk thru water to get to the room. The outdoor pool was green and not open. Indoor pool was green and cold. Water for shower took at least 20 mind to get hot it even warm. Rooms were just dirty. Bed had cigarette burns all over the blankets. Box springs of bed were falling apart. Hotel associates were rude unhelpful and could careless. Do not stay. GROSS!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tkolb1362

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have never had a room this large in any of my previous travels. (Aside from the times I had intentionally booked a multi-room suite) It featured two king beds, a nice tv, a whirlpool tub and large bathroom. The property itself was old and needed many many renovations, but I cannot complain about the maintenance staff or housekeeping at all. I had left my car lights on and needed a jump. The friendly maintenance staff was happy to do it. Despite the room being old and dingy, the housekeeping staff did the best they could with what they had. The pool was not the best I've ever seen, but certainly better than most in the area. I enjoyed spending the say lounging by it and doing some online shopping courtesy of the free wifi. Major renovations would be necessary for me to consider recommending to a friend, but I would certainly return.

Room Tip: ASk for a top floor double king suite with whirlpool tub. Great balcony view of the river!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kate E
Chesterfield sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Rooms were clean great view from balcony. Housekeeping was very helpful. We had a do not disturb on our door but try still left towels and everything we would need hanging on the door. Front desk clerks were very nice and helpful

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Leatherneck92
Chatsworth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived monday June 30,2014,ready for a vacation ,being disable on fixed income i had saved for a year, taking my granddaughter with me .We get to the motel and the outside pool had not been opened for years.. and the inside pool was not working..i was soooo upset . they told us our room had a jacuzzi and we could get in the creek behind the motel ,well its a little hard to walk on slick rocks. The room seemed to be clean ,we did have a room that over looked the creek. We are getting ready to go out to put our feet in the creek from my room ,looking down at the water and my granddaughter says there are SNAKES !! in that water & sure thing we saw four of them one day and two the next day. I had talked to them on the phone the day before we got there and they didnot bother to say the pools were not open. so i want ever stay here again. they were not nice at all .PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE NICER

4 Thank donna s
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

But I am going to try. We have 3 small children, we reserved rooms for July 3rd - July 6th. We were late arrival (around 5 a.m. July 4th technically). We walked in with our bags and the kids and the elevator wasn't working so we had to use the stairs carrying everything up several flights. The motel is in desperate need of remodeling but it isn't the worst looking place I've ever stayed. We checked the beds (the bedbug and clean sheets check) and crashed as we had been driving all night. Bad move. Woke up July 4th at 10:30 a.m. to find the room really wasn't clean and better yet, there was no hot water! Called and was told it would be 15 minutes, so I went down to grab some coffee and see if they had any breakfast snacks. They don't serve breakfast and I had to ask for coffee to be made. Back up to the room, still no hot water, call again and they don't know when it will be fixed. Okay. I washed my hair hanging over the tub, warmed up water in the ice bucket to give myself what amounted to a sponge bath, then do the same thing 3 more times for the kids, and we are on our way out to enjoy our day. Elevator works now but the cleaning staff rudely stared at me when the door opened and made no effort to move for me and my arms full of stuff. After being out all day and part of the night (getting back around 11:30 p.m.) I remembered that our room had no blankets, just the sheet and the disgusting hole ridden top cover, so we stopped to ask for blankets. The girl says "We are out of blankets". So out we go with three small children to Walmart to buy blankets at midnight. Yes. No hot water. No blankets. I was told later by the lady I assume is the manager that the girl was just too lazy to go get blankets. Also, with regards to our refund for an entire weekend with no hot water or blankets, I was in a long line of people who were angry. I tried to be nice as we had a great time in Gatlinburg and in the mountains the only thing that sucked was not being able to have a hot shower or give the kids a bath without microwaving water over and over again. She ends up giving me a refund that amounted to us paying $82 per night (tax is included) for a halfway clean room that had no blankets or hot water, in a motel that doesn't serve breakfast or have an outdoor pool. I sure did get scammed on a holiday weekend! We will be back to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, but we will definitely be steering clear of this motel!!! It is a shame too because the location is AMAZING. They need to put some effort into renovations ASAP (and a new cleaning staff as well as a new nighttime front desk girl) before they take hardworking peoples money.

Room Tip: Pick a different motel!
      Sleep Quality