“Sorry I made my reservation here, despite reading the reviews”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #67 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Clyde, NC
“Sorry I made my reservation here, despite reading the reviews”
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Two words, NOT GOOD. They really have an issue with cleanliness and maintenance, and I am not the "5 star" type girl. Basic accommodations are always fine with me as long as well maintained and clean. Don't think they use good cleaning supplies, just plain old water. They just need to hire professional cleaners to come in and do a thorough cleaning, basic maintenance in order to get back on track. Has the potential of being nice if this was done. Smelly nasty hallways. Description deceiving. Indoor pool doesn't look fresh and clean, it is cloudy. Indoor and Outdoor pools way too small for the size of the facility. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
straightrocker
Reviewed 1 August 2009

When we arrived on time to check in we were made to wait an extra hour for our room key. During this hour the staff was extremely rude and disrespectful. they asked inappropriate questions and made derogatory comments toward my friends. i will never stay there again or reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Marion, VA
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My wife and family stayed at the Smoky Shadows Motel just a few days ago. The room was pretty clean but what happened outside is what upset me. They have two swimming pools one outside and one inside. The inside pool closes at 10pm while the outside pool stays open until 11pm. At about 11:45pm a younger man and woman jumped the fence and got into the pool. I called the front office because we were sitting on the balcony enjoying the weather with the kids and I was afraid what they might do in front of my kids. The woman at the front desk giggled and said she would take care of it. After a few minutes my wife called her back and informed her that the couple was having sex in the pool in front of our kids. The front desk lady comes out to smoke a cigarette and does nothing. Finally after about 30 minutes they get out of the pool and go back into their room and a few minutes later security shows up. To make a long story short the pool was re-opened the next morning with no cleaning or anything done to the pool. I asked the manager about it the next morning and she was not even informed that this had happened. A little while later a large group of kids from a church youth group checked in and went to the swimming pool outside. I informed the group that due to safety they might not want to get into that water and they informed everyone at the pool. Of course everyone left the outside pool area and still the management never did anything for anyone. There is no way I would let my kids swim where that had taken place and it is a shame that Smoky Shadows does not care enough about our family's to do something about this or at least clean up the mess afterwards.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Vienna, WV
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I try not to be too negative but this place, Smokey Mountain Resort is a waste of money. Here are just a few examples.
1. The "breakfast" was some wrapped crap and dry ceriel. I tried to get some orange juice and it was nothing but water coming out. The coffee was to say the least, TERRIBLE.
2. They “cleaned my room two times in five days. One time I was there and the poor kid (from Russia I think) had to get on his hands and knees to clean because they did not have a sweeper.
3. EVERY (and I do mean every) chair at the pool was broken in some way. Either the straps were broken or the back would not sit up.
4. The elevator smelled like someone puked in it. It was nasty.
5. I had a next of wasps outside on my balcony. When I called and asked them to take care of it they sent some guy with a broom. Nothing but a broom.
6. The “pool” was nasty and had not been cleaned. The Maintenance man (if you call him that) cut the grass around the pool and let the cut grass blow in the pool and then left and did not clean the cut grass out.
7. Management was horrible and could not answer any questions. Even questions as simple as how often the trolley comes by the motel.
8. The only place you could get internet access was the lobby and the speed was so slow you could barely get emails in or out. Pathetic.
There were dozens of nicer places to stay there at a cheaper price. We had never been in Pigeon Forge and took this motel/hotel at face value from the internet. Lesson learned for me.
Folks, stay the heck away from this nightmare palace. There are better places in better locations with better prices.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wvwild
tennessee
Reviewed 8 June 2009

what a joke this place was, very dirty, ther what they call con't bkfst, was nasty. no parking. room was dirty.management was rude. avoid this hotel..

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
roan mtn tn
Reviewed 7 June 2009

we were in pigeon forge for only 2 days but enjoved our stay at this motel the location was excellent rooms were reasonable and clean the office personell were polite and gave us a courtesy call after we were in our rom to see if the rooms were up to our standards we are planning to return to pigeon forge this fall or christmas we will definately stay here again !!!!!! clairnet mommielh roan mtn tn

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Aiken, SC
Reviewed 29 May 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in the newer "tower" building. The room had 2 king beds and a jacuzzi tub with a private balcony overlooking the river. The staff were Ok and had no problem letting us look at two different rooms before deciding to stay. We looked at the room we stayed in along with a similar room in an older building before we decided to stay. The other room was much cheaper but very dated and on the third floor of a building with no elevator. The tower building did have a smell in the elevator area. Our room seemed clean and the jacuzzi tub worked fine however, one night while bathing we heard a loud noise only to find that a tile had fallen off of the wall around the bottom of the tub. On the second morning we were there, the hair dryer in the room stopped working while I was using it. When I called the from desk, they were apologetic and sent someone right away who replaced it. I was disappointed with the continental breakfast, which did indeed consist of Little Debbie cakes and juice and milk. The place was OK, but I would probably not stay there again. It is what I would expect from a two-star hotel. I did not read these reviews prior to staying and I didn't know it was 2 star, but I totally agree with the reviews. All the pictures shown are from the newer building and you may end up staying in an older building with no elevator. Breakfast sucked, but the view from our room was great. Oh yeah, they advertise the free wifi but it's only if you have your own computer, they do not have a computer for guest use.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple