“Good Service while booked to the max”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 1 January 2006

Stayed with our church youth group during Extreme week. The hotel did an outstanding job while booked to capacity. The rooms were cleaned daily and supplied with clean towels and linens. We stayed in the new section in the Presidential suite plus four other rooms and it was great. There was a balcony over the creek and a gas fireplace. The bed was very comfortable. I feel that if they were able to provide the service at that level while filled to the max with teenagers they would be a good option anytime.

• Stayed: December 2004
2  Thank windy48

Tn
Reviewed 29 December 2005

We stayed in the new part of the motel near the river. Room was very clean with fireplace and jacuzzi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was an exceptional value. I had called the reservationist after reading some of the negative postings and was very concerned of the comments. She assured me we would be satisfied if we would just try staying. We were amazingly surprised and would have stayed another night, but they were booked for the weekend!! We will stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Paris,Ky
Reviewed 21 November 2005

If you are looking at the picture of this hotel right now looks nice right? Wrong more then likley if you are like us you are looking for something affordable, well the hotel we stayed in is not this one we stayed in a little swing off of this very nice,very expensive hotel you see . If you want a good continental breakfast you have to drive to another location. No one cleaned our room for two days. I feel very misled from their internet profile. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tennessee
Reviewed 2 November 2005

My family has stayed at sereval different hotels in Pigeon Forge and this one is by far the worst I have ever stayed at. To start with if you look at the web picture you are in for a real surprise when you get there. The place that we were stuck in was one the first level of a really rundown part that should have been closed. This part they do not show you on the web. The first morning my daughter had to walk around serveral bags of trash that was piled in front of our door just to get to (breakfast) a couple different kinds of stall doughnuts and a couple different kinds of juice or bad coffee (what a joke). The housekeepers were standing around the front of our door smoking and laughing having a great time at 5:00am (Not a good time for my family). We requested a non-smoking room because of my daughter and I can not be around smoke. The housekeepers smoked infront of our door that would not close correctly so the smoke would get into our room and made my daughter sick. The bathroom leaked into the main room and keeped the carpet wet and smelled really bad. We ran out of towels 4 out of the 5 days we stayed. I keeped tell housekeeping and the front desk and no one would do anything about it. When we left I complained the the head of housekeeping and they sent me a voucher with 2 nights free in the same place. If my family had to ever stay there or our car, we would stay in the car.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2005

Beautiful views of the river from your balcony. Jacuzzi in room filled up in no time. Very clean, and a great value. Had rooms with 2 King Size beds which was unusual. Booked through ----.

5  Thank yourtravelbargain
richmond indiana
Reviewed 28 October 2005

I read some good and bad reviews and this hotel so I make a agreement with them when making the reservations that if I didn't like the hotel, could I just pay for the one night and not the full seven I was reserving. They said that would be fine I could just pay for the one night. The place was much worse than the reviews said so after the first night I check out and ask only to be charge for the one night. They said that they would not give back any of my money even though I had a agreement and didn't want to stay their. Don't stay here. Their are a lot of good hotels in Pegion Forge but don't stay at any America inns or Smokey Shadows, this place is a dump.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2005

This was the first time our singles group had came to the mountians without going to a conference. The rooms were great! We were in the new part with 2 king size beds a balcony over looking the river, a fire place and a jacuzzi. The shuttle bus stopped right out front of our Hotel. The staff went out of their way to make us feel as if we were the only ones there( they was packed) Our only problem was that we couldn't stay longer

• Stayed: October 2005