“Average”

Ranked #10 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Average”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nothing about this place WOW-ed me, but nothing sent me running either. I traveled with a tour group here and their breakfast area is NOT set up for a large amount of people. It is very nice, but very small. The hot breakfast choices in the morning are biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs. They also have cereal and fruit. The lobby is small, but has two comfy couches to sit on by the fireplace. There is also a large pool, I didn't use it but others in my group did and enjoyed it.

Our room had two queen beds, a mini fridge and microwave (a nice feature when we wanted to store and heat up leftovers) the beds were not super comfortable, but the sheets were soft and clean which was good. Many of our towels had makeup looking stains on them... it wasn't a huge problem but is sort of confusing.... they appeared clean? They provide a 2-1 shampoo/conditioner and bar soap in the room as well as coffee and tea. Our bathroom fan didn't work however. The shower water was hot and had good pressure.

The location of this place is good, there are many things within walking distance to partake in. A small "mall" with movie theater and mini golf is literally right next door and there are a few restaurants and a Kroger store close by.

One very negative thing happened to a friend in the group not to me. She returned to her room after our day out and her perfume was gone, the top to the perfume was there but the perfume itself had disappeared. We speculate that housekeeping took it. She approached the front desk and they apologized and said they would look into it, however the issue was not resolved (maybe it will be later but they didn't ask for her information, I believe she is contacting corporate)

Now, the front desk staff was very helpful with questions and also were quite pleasant to talk to. The lady at breakfast seemed very grumpy, I guess not everyone is a morning person and, as she is the only one there restocking breakfast, I can imagine that would be frustrating. She did come out every so often though and say "Everyone enjoy your breakfast and have a great day"

Overall, if I was traveling here again I would probably try to find a different place to stay. However, I looked up prices and this says $69 a night and probably for what it is, that is a good price in the area.

Also, they don't have a fitness center (unless I missed it) There are vending and ice machines on every floor and laundry on the third floor)

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the mountains (on the backside of the hotel) better views to be had there.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
My staff strives for guest excellence. Anything less is unacceptable to you, but to us as well. We want to thank you again for your comments you have provided us with. This will enable us to provide you with an even better experience than the last.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had the deluxe 2 room king suite with hot tub and we could not have been happier. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The hot breakfast was great, especially the gravy, not your typical white gravy and the lady that takes care of the breakfast area was very friendly. The bed was so soft you just melted into it, the hot tub was great and the water was always HOT. The views are nice and the location is great. Lots within walking distance. My only concern was the elevator wait but it was not enough to make me rate the hotel any lower. LOVED it and will be back, probably for our honeymoon since we got engaged in our room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Pigeon Forge Red Roof. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Pelham, Georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed from 14-18 Oct 2013. We traveled with a "bus tour" that stayed at Red Roof Inn. We had a two room suite w/fireplace and Jacuzzi. The rooms were very clean and well kept. It had a kitchenette on one end of the sitting room but we did not use it. The breakfast each morning was outstanding, including eggs, biscuit & gravy, etc. It was very good and the young lady that ran it was excellent. I recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Pigeon Forge Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The staff was friendly although I only spoke to them to check in and check out. We stayed on the second floor. It smelled a bit weird as we exited the elevator, but the room did not (perhaps they don't clean the hallway?). The room seemed a bit outdated, but it also appeared clean enough. The TV was an old tube TV (I don't even know where you'd go to get one of those) which meant that I couldn't hook up my laptop with my HDMI cable to watch Netflix, Hulu, or a DVD. The mini fridge wasn't quite cool enough, but it was sufficient, I suppose. The wifi wouldn't stay connected so I probably couldn't have watched Netflix or Hulu anyway.

I wouldn't avoid the hotel, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again. We will probably stay somewhere else on our next visit to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BoCyphers
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
On behalf of Red Roof Inn, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments and suggestions regarding your stay. We are always looking for better ways to improve our guest expectations concerning the staff, hotel accommodations, and services that we provide to our guest during their stay at the Red Roof.
Scottsville, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was dirty. Mattress was just nasty. We had stayed here once before and it was OK but the 2nd floor room was totally bad. The air unit souded terrible. The window about fell out when we tried to open it and the carpet was in bad need of cleaning. It smelled bad also. Didn't complain because it was so bad the owners had to know and just didn't care. We just put it on our never again list

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lisa M
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you, for taking the time to share your comments. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had with the maintenance and housekeeping services in this room. Let me assure you that all these issues have been addressed with each department and was corrected immediately.
kingsport tn
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place is awesome! That is why I keep coming back. The staff is absolutely wonderful...the front staff, the breakfast cook, the maids, and the grounds keepers. I love them all!!! The cleanest hotel around and the best prices by far!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suziekitty
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge, TN many times, and really enjoy it. It is very clean and the staff are very friendly. It is centrally located and is easy to get to from all the shops and restaurants. Will definitely stay again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
“Thank you” for taking the time to express your comments. We take great pride in our property and strive to provide the best customer service possible. I hope that your trip to the mountains was a memorable experience.