“Lovely hotel, friendly helpful staff.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge
Ranked #10 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
South-East
“Lovely hotel, friendly helpful staff.”
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This hotel is definitely one of the good hotels if you're on a budget but want a great location, rooms with a view of the mountains, an indoor pool that's nice and clean, close to all the shops and restaurants and has really lovely staff.
I requested a room with a view of the mountains and we got it. It was a big room, very comfortable, very clean and smelt fresh.
We came there starving, and asked the front desk man to recommend a place to get a good burger. He recommended the brewery, which is just next to the restaurant, and their burgers were amazing! The best I've had so far, and I've had a lot of burgers!
This hotel really was everything and more that you could hope to find for such a low price. An ok selection for breakfast,considering it's free, only really utilised the coffee machine, but everything else was ok and the breakfast area was nice.
If you're looking for more then you'll pay more, and if you can afford that then stay at the hilton. If not, then this is definitely a place I'd recommend to anyone that values being in a great place, with more than a good enough room to come back to every day for a good price.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lucy M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We were very suprised & liked our first experience with this hotel. It is a great location, within walking distance of Starbucks & centrally located to most all attractions for the Pigeon Forge area. There really isn't much of a view of mountains, but it was a lot cheaper than a cabin rental. The rooms were fairly clean but beginning to show a little age. The staff was very helpful & friendly. We had trouble with the lock on our balcony door & reported this. The manager came to the room & fixed this himself instead of waiting on maint. the following day. The breakfast area was clean & had a good assortment of food.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2009

first of all; if they gave you some discount that means you will get one of their junky rooms. In the room where we stayed, the carpet was aufull, very dirty, the bathrom shwer was really bad and leaking, the sleeping sofa was old and not comfortable at all. sleeping on the concrete is better than sleeping on it. The smell of the room is really bad like muld. dust behind the night stand makes sleeping on the bed is not healthy at all. If you ask me about the STAFF, I would say very serious, not friendly, and not welcoming at all, specially for the guy that has no hair on his had(sorry but i do not know his name). One girl (the short one)from the reception was really RUDE, i said to her goodmorning and she looked at me saying nothing, then i thought she did not her me i said that again but this made her mad and left me for another staff to help me. I mean we've been traviling around very often and we never saw people like these. There are many issues about this place red roof but really i do not from where to start or how to end. The last thing, they have utility area which was sound good at the begining, however, I went to wash my family clouthes but i got shocked by how much muld on the rubber and around the inside of the door. I could not wash my clouthes with all these dirt. Then I told one guy from the reception STAFF about this and he said next morning he will tell the maintenance this to clean it up. the following evening I went there to the washer, but i found it NOT been taking care of. We asked about the manager many times to tell him some of thses issues but you know what each time the staff said he is not her he will come tomorrow, and tomorrow never come?!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Mt. Juliet, TN
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We originally booked another motel which cost more per day and was listed as 1 1/2 stars. You can look up my other reviews to see how that went. The Red Roof Inn had an opening and we stayed here instead. It's the best for the value in the area that I have found so far. The rooms are neat and clean, the hotel is kept well and they even have a great indoor pool, breakfast and coffee available in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank demartian
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 May 2009

For the price, I do not think a better deal will be found in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. The hotel was conveniently located in Pigeon Forge. We were not in our rooms a ton, but the time we were there we had no major problems. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Our stay at this Red Roof Inn was better than expected. I booked on the Red Roof website and saved about $10. The hotel is in a great location near a traffic light for easy access on and off the parkway. There are several restaurants and attractions within walking distance.

The hotel was clean and the pool is nice... towels available at the front desk. They only have 1 elevator which is a little slow at times. Breakfast is ok but the dining area is small. There is a PC you can use in the front lobby which was nice. We had a good experience and would return without question.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Redford Twp., MI
Reviewed 17 April 2009

The Red Roof Inn was not bad. It was less then one mile into Pigeon Forge from the North. It was at a light, so it was easy to get in and out. Room was very clean, we did not need extras, so can't comment on that. Pool and Hot Tub were nice. The Negatives--- Breakfast was fair at best, biscuits, toast, cereal, etc. Could have used Bagels, Muffins, anything. It was enough to kill the pangs and get you on the road. 7 Y/O loved the Biscuits and Gravy. The desk staff was unentusiastic, one spent an hour on her cell phone complaining to friends about being tired because her 4 Y/O kept her up all night.
They did let us stay an extra night and a very reduced rate, so that was nice.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family