“Overnight Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge

Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge
Ranked #64 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My sister and I were on a pleasure trip to Tennessee and wanted to stay the night in Pigeon Forge, we stayed at The Smoky Mountain Motor Lodge, this hotel was an older one, but well maintained, clean, no odor, comfortable bed and friendly staff, it was quiet at night. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Loretta R

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Room way not clean had no microwave or washcloth also when I told the lady at the front desk about the microwave she said I had stole the microwave it was the worst motel i ever stayed at there's much better and motels in Pigeon Forge so please pick a different one not this one its a bad

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Booforu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Myself and my wife decided to just go for the weekend. We got into the car and ended up in Pigeon Forge. We stayed Saturday, Sunday and left on a Monday. (Veterans Day 2013). I pulled over in the smokey mountain motor lodge, and I'm glad I did. We had always stayed at Norma Dans, or got a chalet. Since this trip was very unplanned this is where we ended up at. I was very surprised with this motel. Clean, quiet, very affordable. We stayed in room 225 and we didn't have 1 complaint. The rooms look like something out of the 70's. But I promise you this, when we go back I know where we will be staying. We plan on going back within 6-8 months and we will be staying at the Smokey Mountain Motor Lodge.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank BigDaddy1973
Macon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here 3 nights. Our room was very clean. Not musty at all. Clean sheets and towels each day.Good size clean refrigerator and microwave. Hair dryer furnished. No coffee maker.
No continental breakfast. Pleasant stay. We just needed a place to sleep and this fit the bill.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Earlene B
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel is run by a very old man and woman and it is very run down with old lamps big heavy gawky tvs and the old lady is very rude!!! Beware very nasty, dirty white towels and would never stay here again... Might advertise American owned but they need o sell out to someone who will take care of it

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob K
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during Tennessee Tax Free Weekend August 2nd-4th. This was a last minute trip and we did not make reservations ahead of time, just drove down and got a room (bad decision as we did not realize ahead of time this was a very popular weekend for Pigeon Forge). It was late afternoon on Friday when we arrived so very few choices of hotels. We ended up getting a room here with 2 queen beds for about $75 a night. Rooms were advertised for $39.95 on up but of course none of those rooms were available.

From the outside looks ok, nothing fancy. Hotel is two stories with outside access rooms. There is no elevator so if you have trouble with stairs make sure to request a room on the first floor. The hotel also has an outdoor pool. We did not use the pool but looked ok. Again nothing fancy but looked clean and had several guests using the pool during our stay.

My husband said the little old man that checked us in was very nice and he suspects is the owner of the hotel. Before he told my husband if there were rooms available, he asked what we planned to use the room for. My husband said he was puzzled at first and said, well to sleep. Then told him that it was us and our 7 year old daughter staying. The man then said ok he had a room available. (My husband is in his 30s but does look younger so maybe he thought he was there to party or something). My husband swears that he would have said he had no rooms available if he suspecting anything funny going on!

On first glance of the room I was I shock and felt like I had stepped back in time. There was dark wood paneling, dark carpeting and linoleum in the bathroom area. The tv was one of those old fashioned wooden sided styles that my grandmother had in the 70s complete with a metal stand. The door had a push button locking mechanism with chain deadbolt. Also the key was an actual key, not one the new card keys. The towels were very thin, the shower curtain had no liner, there was no iron/ironing board, and the toilet paper was in a commercial style covered dispenser that made it very hard to get out...I had to actually get my daughters toilet paper for her because it kept tearing when she tried. The mirror was speckled with black spots, I think this was decorative as I remember my grandmother having a very similar style mirror in her bathroom at one time only it had gold flecks. But on the positive side, the room was spotless and a lot cleaner than some of the fancier hotels we have stayed. The paneling had no dust, the shower was spotless and the mattress and sheets not only looked very clean but smelled clean as well. I had on white socks and even after walking on the carpet, I had no dirt on the bottoms. There is also a small refrigerator and microwave, both of which were spotless.

The location was great, we walked to the Old Mill restaurant and one of the go cart parks that first night. There is also a gas station next door if you do need drinks or snacks (the only soda machine was out of order).

So all in all, a decent stay. Too expensive in my opinion considering the serious updates that are needed. We would not go out of our way to book this place in advance, but would be ok staying here again if we had to.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank angiemarie55
Bluff City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

The rooms are clean. The management, and staff are very nice. No problems at all. We had plenty of clean towels,and the Sheets were clean. A very good place to stay. We will definitely stay there again. Just can't say enough about it.

Room Tip: If you want a good clean place to stay check it out.