“Could be better”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North
Ranked #86 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Honestly, you get what you pay for. The rooms are small the beds are even smaller and the room I was in had a weird triangle shape tub/shower.

The plus side is that it was super quiet because it's off the main road.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina C
Amanda F, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our Motel 6 property here in Pigeon forge. we are happy to have met your lodging needs and look forward to serving you next time your travels call for a nights stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place was awful it smelled .just gross. The staff was worse if that makes it sound any better.the air doest work .the vending machines didn't work .snakes were around my vehicle .I reported it nothing was done .I had to clean my own room with a broom .and change my overflowing garbage car ..STAY AT YOUR RISK!!

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank beware124
Amanda F, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest:

The Guest Relations Department of G6 Hospitality informed us of your concerns regarding our Motel 6 property in (Pigeon Forge, TN #4021). They have requested that we conduct all necessary research with those involved and provide you with a resolution.

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at Motel 6 when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

After many great experiences I had with this hotel I decided to take my girlfriend and my 2 friends for a nice and relaxing vacation. We had book for a week and actually thought about staying an extra couple of days because we were having such a good time. However the staff at this hotel ruined our vacation and it was cut short. On our 3rd day we had noticed that our dog had ripped a little piece of the carpet up and when we noticed it, we immediately went to the front desk and told the staff person who was at the front desk about it and that we would pay for any damage the lady at the desk went and looked at it and said "it should not be a problem and not to worry about it they get this all the time" We had also left our cell phone number with the people at the front desk and that if there was a problem, for them to contact us immediately and we will come straight back to the room. We had heard nothing for 2 days and we assumed that everything was fine. However I get a call the next morning and the manager Paula Adkins had said "I noticed your dog ripped a piece of the carpet up and I have to ask you to vacate the premises" so we had to leave and they did refund me for the days not used but I feel that it was not enough since we tried to have it resolved before the staff even found about it by telling them about it and we would gladly pay for the damage and the staff said it would be no problem and we get this phone call out of the blue. Our vacation was cut short as was the pre-planned things we planned on doing for the rest of the stay. I will be posting this on every review website and I will also be contacting the better business bearu as I feel we need to be more compensated for this ruined vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Shawn F

Dear Valued Guest:

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'm shocked at these reviews after trying to stay there this weekend. In hindsight, I realize most of the positive ones come from pet owners. That says a lot.

The location of the hotel is great, just one block off the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. The exterior of the property looks clean and well kept. Trust me, that's where the positives end.

When I saw a piece of duct tape over carpet behind the front desk, I should have realized what kind of place this was. The hallways and rooms look and smell like something you'd expect from a homeless shelter. I've never seen carpet as old as what they have in those areas. The lights in the hallways are mismatched and dark. It gives you a depressing feeling before you even get to the room.

I didn't mind the smaller rooms but I'd hate to guess how old the beds are. I seriously don't think I've had a worse bed in a hotel room anywhere. Everytime the TV was turned off, it needed to be reset to channel 3 when it was turned on again. I knon the room has been smoked in because there were cigarette burn holes in the comforter which conveniently had been turned around so those were at the foot of the bed.

The smell of the place (including the room) is a combination of what I think is cigarette smoke (though they advertise as non-smoking), pet odors and urine. I am not exaggerating. We tried to enjoy the pool but apparently they rent to longterm renters who literally live here and they treated the pool as if it were their private property. There were more beer and cigarettes in the pool area than I've seen in some bars.

I think the reason all the pet owners love the place on here is because they don't mind the constant barking of dogs all night long. Maybe that's why decent, quality hotels allow small dogs but not large dogs. The noise was unbelievable.

You can see this is the first review I've ever given on here. I thougth the place was such a dump, I felt compelled to come on here to warn others before they waste their time and money and ruin their trips to the area. I can't stress enough how horrible this place is.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jim K

Dear Jim:

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We originally booked 3 nights at this hotel. We were so pleased, we extended our stay an extra 2 days. Then after a couple of days visiting family elsewhere in Tennessee, we came back for another 3 nights!! The staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Yes, they are on the small side and yes, there are no extras such as toiletries, but for less than $50 per night, those things are no big deal. The hotel sits back a bit off of the main highway running through Pigeon Forge; this makes the property very quiet. The back of the building (where our rooms were located) looks out over a nice grassy area - lots of nice trees and such. Nice area for those with pets to walk and exercise them. We won't hesitate to come back here again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building - nice view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vicki h

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We brought our two large dogs on vacation this year along with our daughter . My husband was dreading it... Lol room was very small and we had two XL kennels. I was apprehensive ;) got them in and all our traveling side show. Was thrilled there was a fridge and microwave. Room was cleaner when I left then when I got there . Kind of scary. Anyway now to the good part. Grounds were very clean and pleasant. Large area to walk our dogs kept very well. Pool and hot tub area were up and running well and people were kind and respectful of others. They had a nice sitting area beside pool open that was nice for smokers and people wanting to be out side in the evening. Desk staff and cleaning staff very friendly. We vacuumed and cleaned our own room for our dogs sake. Towels were available as needed. Complementary coffee and tea in the mornings was nice. Stayed an extra night. We walked our large dogs daily and respectfully thru a beautiful cemetery ,across main drag up to a church and around, also a small area of creek is available across the road. Overall this place was great. Yes new mattresses would be nice but, come on dogs were on the bed ( we brought our own covers) . Great location and for the price it was perfect. Will stay there again . If your good to others they will be good to you. This place was

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrea E

Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you are looking for a place to lay your head this was fine. Clean but no extras. Bring your own toiletries, no hair drier , no chairs in the room except desk chairs, old tvs, flat pillows and sheets don't fit the mattress. Needs some renovations. Other than that it was clean, staff friendly and oh yes we did get to take our dog. The pool was closed too but no big deal. Too cold to swim.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple