“Honeymoon”
Review of Lazy Bear Inn

Lazy Bear Inn
Ranked #77 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We just got married so went to Pigeon Forge for our honeymoon. We stayed 2 nights in the two bedroom suite (also with two separate bathrooms, so no waiting on each other!) with Jacuzzi. Each room has it's own separate unit to heat and cool the room with. It's located on the backside of the hotel near an alleyway, so it was pretty peaceful. There was, however an odd humming sound that randomly shut off and on every 15 to 20 minutes or so somewhere above our room. It's a ground floor room, but despite the humming sound (which wasn't much of a bother) it was a nice room. The Jacuzzi just barely had enough hot water to fill it and we were still able to take hot showers afterwards, one of the (set of 3) ceiling lights in the back room wasn't working, but there was plenty of light regardless and I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out. The beds were VERY comfortable and clean. The room was cleaned daily. The continental breakfast is what I'd expect of a continental breakfast - a bit of cereal, doughnut, small muffin, juice and toast in a small kitchen that looks like an employee lounge with two tables, nothing special. The staff (special shout out to Carolina!) was VERY friendly. The hotel is between lights 6 and 7 and Dollywood lane is at light 8 so it's VERY close and it's on the parkway close to most everything. I originally decided to stay at this Inn based on the ratings stating how clean it was and how friendly the staff was. It's spring break week so we had a hard time finding a place, the only down side to this Inn is the price, it's not very competitive and I asked two different staff members if they offered a discount on our stay since we had Dollywood Gold season passes (some hotels do offer that), but never received a definite answer. Pricing seems to be something that's a bit confusing between what's there and what's listed on websites. The only other negative was one of the coffee makers needed a simple rinse off, but not bad. We don't drink coffee, so it wasn't an issue. They do provide towels, shampoo, soap, coffee, plastic bathroom cups, a cube mini fridge (2 of them ,both were spotless), microwave (2 of them, both were also spotless), 2 flat screen TV's we had to request the second remote since you get them from the desk (there's no extra charge for the remotes or anything though), carpet is very clean, furniture (dresser and 2 night stands per room + 1 desk) were all very clean. One bathroom seemed to have a newer design than the other, Jacuzzi was clean, ceilings over the showers had very slight water damage but that's probably just due to the continuous ceiling type covering the whole room- it's an old popcorn style ceiling. All in all, we would happily stay here again. Just wish the rates were a bit better.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nix A

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was there for a wedding for four days March 2013, and it was an older place, but my room was clean and comfortable. There were 4 other rooms in the party staying there, and they appeared to be the same

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The building is older but the room was clean & the bed was comfortable. The room was cleaned each day of our stay! **I'm glad I did not let the negative reviews on here keep me from choosing this hotel. There was a couple of wash cloths with old spots on them that we could not use but we had plenty of good ones brought to our room daily that was very usable! We will stay here again! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Worst motel ever. There was mold in bathtub and along walls. You can't lay on bed without itching. We checked in and immediately left.. lost out on 50 bucks but I couldn't stand to stay there. I woulda not feel safe leaving my car in the parking lot! Bring cleaner and fresh sheets just warning you!! There is a 24 hour cancellation fee so you are safer to look @ the room before you pay.. I don't see this place booking up anytime fast! They may have new managers but I don't see that there have been any improvements.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank aubreesmommy
Diana B, General Manager at Lazy Bear Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

It is very disappointing to hear you that you were not happy with us. We strieve here at the Lazy Bear Inn to make our guest happy and enjoy themselves. I certainly, hope that you will consider staying with us again. I can assure you a nice clean room. Sincerely Diana Brown, Gm

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We had a great stay and time here. We stayed over Christmas for 4 days,the staff was very helpful about giving directions and helping us with places to see and things to do. We will be staing here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiannaC630

Thank you so much for your kind words and we want you to know that we appreciate you and value you as our guest. We hope you come back and see us again. Thank again, Diana Brown

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed at the Lazy Bear Inn, Pigeon Forge, TN, Monday-Thursday, November 19-22, 2012. The general manager and the staff here were very nice. The phone did not work in the first room that I checked into. However, I was switched to a different room and had no more problems during my stay. This property has about 52 rooms. They are working to make improvements. There are some small things that can be done that will make a huge difference in how the hotel is perceived. The bed was very comfortable. There was plenty of hot water and a good heat source in the room. The hotel is in a good location and has a trolley stop out front. The trolley is only .50 cents and can take you to various stops.
The room I was in had a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker and other amenities.
I would stay here again. I see a property with a lot of potential.

Room Tip: You could always ask to see a room before renting it. Rooms on the upper floor tend to get more ligh...