“Great experience! Extremely impressed!”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
“Great experience! Extremely impressed!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I definitely recommend this hotel! I was very impressed with the size of the room, the cleanliness, and how modern the room was! The tv was huge and the room had the neatest fireplace I have ever seen in a hotel room. We had a room with a jacuzzi in it and it was amazing. The staff were very helpful and nice. The location was perfect! We were close to everything in Pigeon Forge. Also, I usually dread staying in hotels b/c the beds are so uncomfortable but not at the Shular Inn! They were extremely comfortable! I really can't say enough nice things about this Hotel. I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you and we certainly appreciate your kind comments. We aim for all of our guests to have a "great" experience.

Shular Inn is in a fabulous location which makes it very convenient for our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Greenup, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Very nice, clean hotel right in the heart of pigeon forge. Breakfast was great. I was pleasantly surprised to see more than just donuts and cereal, I didn't know there was going to be sausage, eggs, grits, oatmeal, and fruit. Pools were very well kept and beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your compliments. Our breakfast is really good and we are glad you had a "great" stay. Look forward to seeing you again.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms with great continental breakfast. My only complaint is that the doors are on the outside which means you can hear everything that happens outside. I'm a light sleeper so that's not good. Pool is nice and rooms are aesthetically appealing.

• Stayed June 2013
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you!

You are so right, we are in a fantastic location, so close to everything.

The newest addition to Pigeon Forge, the "Island" across the street from us is now open and offers exciting adventures for all.

We hope to see you again soon and again, thank you for your kind comments.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I am writing to express how wonderfully pleased my wife and I are after having stayed at the Shular Inn in Pigeon Forge TN. While vacationing one of my biggest complaints is the closing down of pools and hottubs at 10:00 pm every night weekends included. Shular's featured both an outdoor and indoor pool open 24 hours a day. The indoor pool features a nice hottub, sauna and a large well taken care of swimming pool area. Anyone who goes to P.F unsaually does not even get back to the room until after 10:00 at which time the pool facility is usually closed.
Our room was perfect! King size bed, fridge, microwave and hot, hot water! It is nestled between Fire House Subs and a large christmas themed store - and right in the middle of all the action. For 129.00 per night with free wifi and a very nice Continental Breakfast with scrabbled egs, gravy and biscuits, waffles, sausauge and fruits, cereal and baggels.
The staff were professional and helpful - no sleepy eyed, greasy haired night clerks there.
I will be back in P.F. in the middle of July and will deffenantly be staying at the Shular
And by the way, you must try Geno's Pizza. It is the best pizza I have ever eaten.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wade h
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Wow!!! Thank you, Thank you.

We certainly appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to seeing you in July. Things are really fun in Pigeon Forge. The shows are great and the attractions are exciting and fun. There will be a few more restaurants opened when you return, so you will have to definitely try them. See you soon.
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Took my wife there for her birthday and had the best overall experience! The staff helped me plan a birthday celebration that my wife had no clue was coming. I called in asked for the manager and they assisted me in setting the room up with presents, wine, and flowers. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Not to mention the rooms were great, with the fireplace on the walls, and a jacuzzi in the room where you can still watch tv and enjoy our time in the room. The location couldn't be better either was able to just walk over to some of pigeon forge's great attractions. They even liked what I wanted to do for my wife so much they gave us some complimentary passes to a local show. Overall i had the best time and was very pleased with my stay. The wife loved it too!!! Happy wife happy life!!
Kyle B

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle B
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Hey you are so RIGHT!!!! Happy life for us too when you have a great stay.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
Mountain City, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a very good if not great hotel.

It is located right after the third red light in Pigeon Forge. In fact it is between two red lights which comes in handy. It has a small road at the back of the Hotel parallel to the main drag. The breakfast is simple but well made and plenty of it. Biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and sausage. I stuffed myself so I didn't get to experience the cereal, toast, bagels, fruit and donut holes. Next time I will.

Our rooms weren't fancy, but clean, neat and well furnished. The mattresses were excellent. Slept well every night. I especially liked the bunk beds in the next room for our kids.

Other than the beds, what is excellent about this Hotel? Location and ease of movement. I live a good three hours away. Travel to Pigeon Forge is fairly regular for my family. Still, it can be a nightmare to get through the traffic. Especially crossing the main drag. Remember that small road at the back of the hotel? Well, travel either way and you come to a road that leads you to a stoplight at the main drag, How important is that? Do you like crossing a huge road with non-stop traffic in the dead of night without a stoplight? This little road at the back of the Hotel makes it extremely easy to get back on the main road in either direction.

The location is great. Smack dab in the middle of Pigeon Forge. Titanic exhibit, several dinner theaters, go cart race tracks, and quite a few shops and stores including a huge outlet mall are minutes away from this Oasis called Shular Inn Hotel.

The staff is courteous and helpful. I made a mistake with the heater and couldn't shut it off. Called management and left for a dinner show. I came back and found they shut it off. When I called for a wake-up call, they gently told me about my mistake and how to correct it if I did it again.

Oh and the TV and wifi internet were very good as well as the indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Joel F
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are so very happy you had a great time and you were rested well during your stay. We do have a very nice property and we have a fantastic location on the Parkway of Pigeon Forge. Looking forward to your next visit.
Sarasota,FL
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I booked this hotel due to decent reiews on here and a good price for 4 people for 5 nights for $420.00. It does have a hot breakfast consisting of biscuits and gravy, oatmeal or grits(depending on day), scrambled eggs, sausage patties, 3 different cereals, bread for toast, bagels, canned fruit, fresh apples, donut holes or mini donuts, apple juice, OJ, cranberry juice, water, milk, coffee.
Outside pool was nice but "hot tub" was never hot!
Inside pool is a good idea but didnt drain well so large puddles of water stayed around the pool causing lots of slipping and falling. Plus there was lots of hair in those puddles AND in the pool itself...that's really gross!
The room: needs lots of updating! Only 2 lamps for the entire room made it very dark. The phone was not plugged in and once we did, it didnt work...luckily we never needed to use it! There also needs to be more accessible outlets to use...with everyone having electronics(cellphones, laptops, iPods, etc), the room needs to updated so people can easily recharge their gadgets.

The beds were very comfortable and the hotel is in a great location...close to most everything in Pigeon Forge. Just be prepared for HORRIBLE traffic almost any time of day through Pigeon Forge AND any fast food places we went through was SLOW SLOW SLOW!!!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room on back of hotel