“Enjoyed Our Stay”

Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Manchester, Kentucky
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed at the Shular Inn June 23rd until June 28th. This inscluded my husband, myself and kids ages 12 and 9. I booked the Shular due to information and ratings on Trip Advisor.

The big plus for me was the fact that the indoor pool is open 24 hours. When you take in late evening shows, this is a must for the kids. Both pools are nice, as is the sauna. The hot tub could use adjusting because the jets are really slow and not very powerful. All the pools, hot tubs and pool areas were kept clean which was nice. The only down side I found is that there was no wifi in the indoor pool area, I wanted to surf the web while kids were in the pool but had no internet in the pool area.

The room was nice, it was the usual hotel style room. We were in the main building but I was told the rooms in the second building are a bit bigger and more updated, not sure if this is true but that is what I was told. But the room was fine for my bunch. The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was nice and warm.

The front desk staff seemed nice and did help with anything I needed such as extra towels and trash bags in late evening or early morning hours.

The breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits,cereal etc. The only negative thing I could say about the hotel was that the lady working in the breakfast room was not very friendly, and in fact was at times rude. I have worked in many areas that deal with the public so I know how it can be, but my feeling is that if you don't enjoy people and are not a people person, then maybe the hospitality industry is not for you. I did inform the people at the front desk about her attitude. The gentleman on duty said the lady was not a bubbly type of person or an outgoing person in general so that may have made her come across as rude.

Not matter what the reason, if I am paying to stay at a hotel, I want people to smile and be friendly. All of the other workers were friendly. If I even passed other employees on the way to the pool or coming and going they would all smile and say hello. One rude person can cause someone to not be a repeat guest at an establishment.

Other than that one employee, the hotel was over all a good place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to people planning on visiting Pigeon Forge. It is right across from the street from the brand new sky wheel. The sky wheel is beautiful at night.

Room Tip: I think there is a fitness room though I did not visit it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Branchland, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

pros: clean,good breakfast, great inside pool
friendly staff, good location
cons: not a place if you have trouble walking
it doesnt have a very handy layout
didnt get our room cleaned till late in the afternoon
beds were not soft
caution flashing light or sign needed when crossing the busy back street to get to breakfast
rude breakfast employee, i tried to give her my tickets & i was told that there is no way she could keep up with those & the people

Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I definitely recommend this hotel! I was very impressed with the size of the room, the cleanliness, and how modern the room was! The tv was huge and the room had the neatest fireplace I have ever seen in a hotel room. We had a room with a jacuzzi in it and it was amazing. The staff were very helpful and nice. The location was perfect! We were close to everything in Pigeon Forge. Also, I usually dread staying in hotels b/c the beds are so uncomfortable but not at the Shular Inn! They were extremely comfortable! I really can't say enough nice things about this Hotel. I will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you and we certainly appreciate your kind comments. We aim for all of our guests to have a "great" experience.

Shular Inn is in a fabulous location which makes it very convenient for our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Greenup, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Very nice, clean hotel right in the heart of pigeon forge. Breakfast was great. I was pleasantly surprised to see more than just donuts and cereal, I didn't know there was going to be sausage, eggs, grits, oatmeal, and fruit. Pools were very well kept and beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your compliments. Our breakfast is really good and we are glad you had a "great" stay. Look forward to seeing you again.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms with great continental breakfast. My only complaint is that the doors are on the outside which means you can hear everything that happens outside. I'm a light sleeper so that's not good. Pool is nice and rooms are aesthetically appealing.

• Stayed June 2013
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you!

You are so right, we are in a fantastic location, so close to everything.

The newest addition to Pigeon Forge, the "Island" across the street from us is now open and offers exciting adventures for all.

We hope to see you again soon and again, thank you for your kind comments.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I am writing to express how wonderfully pleased my wife and I are after having stayed at the Shular Inn in Pigeon Forge TN. While vacationing one of my biggest complaints is the closing down of pools and hottubs at 10:00 pm every night weekends included. Shular's featured both an outdoor and indoor pool open 24 hours a day. The indoor pool features a nice hottub, sauna and a large well taken care of swimming pool area. Anyone who goes to P.F unsaually does not even get back to the room until after 10:00 at which time the pool facility is usually closed.
Our room was perfect! King size bed, fridge, microwave and hot, hot water! It is nestled between Fire House Subs and a large christmas themed store - and right in the middle of all the action. For 129.00 per night with free wifi and a very nice Continental Breakfast with scrabbled egs, gravy and biscuits, waffles, sausauge and fruits, cereal and baggels.
The staff were professional and helpful - no sleepy eyed, greasy haired night clerks there.
I will be back in P.F. in the middle of July and will deffenantly be staying at the Shular
And by the way, you must try Geno's Pizza. It is the best pizza I have ever eaten.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wade h
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Wow!!! Thank you, Thank you.

We certainly appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to seeing you in July. Things are really fun in Pigeon Forge. The shows are great and the attractions are exciting and fun. There will be a few more restaurants opened when you return, so you will have to definitely try them. See you soon.
Pikeville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Took my wife there for her birthday and had the best overall experience! The staff helped me plan a birthday celebration that my wife had no clue was coming. I called in asked for the manager and they assisted me in setting the room up with presents, wine, and flowers. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Not to mention the rooms were great, with the fireplace on the walls, and a jacuzzi in the room where you can still watch tv and enjoy our time in the room. The location couldn't be better either was able to just walk over to some of pigeon forge's great attractions. They even liked what I wanted to do for my wife so much they gave us some complimentary passes to a local show. Overall i had the best time and was very pleased with my stay. The wife loved it too!!! Happy wife happy life!!
Kyle B

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle B
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Hey you are so RIGHT!!!! Happy life for us too when you have a great stay.

Look forward to seeing you again soon!!!