“Great”

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #48 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Great”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I just checked out of this hotel. It was a nice stay. Great hotel staff. Fastest check in ever. it was clean had a great smell when you walked Into the room. They had the best breakfast ever at any hotel I've ever stayed in. The only reason I would not give this hotel 5 star is because my hubby said that the toilet is too close to the door and I think the walls are two thin.up all night listening to my next door neighbors cussin her little child and
Him cuss in her back. Lol!!! About a beach ball !!! I would recommended this hotel to everybody. It is located right in the center . Walking distance to everything.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqueline J
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments and we had to share a little "lol" with you about your neighbors. We apologize for the noise, thanks for making the best of an uncomfortable situation. When you visit again, please contact us no matter the hour as we are happy to end those types of noises and don't want any guest up all night unless they choose to be. We have a variety of rooms to choose from at the Shular Inn and when making your next reservation, please remind us of this experience so that we may upgrade you to a more spacious room. Thanks again for choosing to make us a part of your Smoky Mountain visit, see ya soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Fulton, Mississippi
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Friendly staff with clean and beautiful rooms. The pool was great, nice and warm. The breakfast was great, very wonderful choices. Close to everything and wonderful views of the new Wheel and mountain views too. We will definatly stay there again!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherry J
Thank you so much for the gracious comments about our property and staff. We appreciate you making us a part of your stay in Pigeon Forge. We love hearing that you enjoyed the many amenities of our property like the indoor pool, fabulous breakfast and spectacular views. So thrilled you enjoyed it all! We hope that you will come back many times as the views are always changing around here. Thanks again and come see us soon!
Brewer, Maine
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was our first time in Pigeon Forge and found this hotel on-line. Didn't know what to expect as it only cost $56 for a room, but we were pleasantly surprised at how gorgeous the room was! It looked like it should have cost $150.00. The staff was courteous, kind and helpful and we encountered absolutely no problems! Comfy beds...a beautiful bathroom area...nice fridge and microwaves....flat screen tv...all in all a great place to stay and we will stay there again if we are ever in Pigeon Forge again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building...not sure how different it was from the front building...but we love...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wow! Thanks so much for the great comments! Luxury is a pleasure we enjoy providing our guests, so happy that the price was fair and appreciated. We strive to provide clean, comfy and packed with amenities guest rooms, hearing that you experienced that makes us smile. Our staff takes pride is service and it is guests like you that make the job easy! Great Guests are Delightful! Please come visit us again soon and many times in the future. Hurry Back!
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We was in the building where the Dining room was located, on the top floor, therefore our room was entered into from the inside. Our room was very clean and neat, bathroom had tub, separate shower and double sinks. Also had a LED lit spa tub. Swimming pool was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good, biscuits, gravy, eggs, cereal, Danish assortment among many other items. Very roomy dining room as compared to many other places we stayed in Pigeon Forge. The front desk ladies was extremely friendly and helpful as was the other staff. The will absolutely be one of the places we stay again when we go back!

Room Tip: Stay in the building with the Dining Room... I believe it's building B.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TN-Southern-Belle-01
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are so happy to hear you had a great stay and we look forward to your next visit. You must return this Summer and enjoy our outdoor pool and hot tub. Very relaxing. Thank you for staying with us.
Pulaski, Virginia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Friendly staff with clean rooms a great pool and in the center of all the action in Pigeon Forge.We had a free nice breakfast there during our stay and the indoor pool was open 24 hrs my kids loved that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cdavis2014
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you. We are very happy to hear you had a good stay. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel.I thought it was decent, maybe a little steep for the price, however my daughter loves to swim(who btw is 4 and has muscular dystrophy)and its great for her so we went for the 24 hr pool.The second day, however, I was taking a nap and the housekeeper opened up our door and looked in and then shut it.My four yr old was scared to death and says she didn't even knock first.no big deal....When we get ready to leave, I was running late and left a bag behind.I call and go back two hrs later because my daughters Nintendo DS,toys, and clothes were in it.They had the bag waiting for me at the front desk and I was so relieved! I told them thanks so much and was on my way.Five minutes later my daughter asks to play her D.S and of course its the only thing missing out of the bag!!I called back and the manager tells me basically that nobody has been in the room so if there's any other way to assist me then to let him know.As if his housekeeper didn't have pockets?My four yr old can't do many things...run jump or even get up and down from the toilet... but she could play her DS and loved taking pictures with it!!I'm sure the housekeepers make a fortune on what's left behind..and of course I'm to blame for being forgetful, but anyone that would take from a child is disgusting.The hotel itself is decent, but BEWARE of dishonest employees who clearly have access to your room...whether its vacant at the time or not.Two thumbs down!!!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank mandosmom23
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
This is a most unfair accusation. Most of our employees have been employed for over ten years. Our employees are courteous, honest and eager to assist our guests. You left our Hotel and called back to tell us you had left a bag of things in the room. You told us the bag was tied and looked like a bag of garbage. At the time of your call to us, no one had entered your room. We went to the room to get the bag you told us about and brought this bag to the desk. We asked you if this was the bag you had left. You took the bag and left our Hotel. WE NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BAG.

We do feel sad your daughter has lost or misplaced her game.
Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our hiking group stayed here in January and it was much nicer than I expected. The room was very clean and odor free and the beds were comfortable. They have a really nice indoor pool area. The breakfast room was larger than most with a good variety of hot foods. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building which is where the breakfast room is.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa W
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you.

Our hotel does offer a comfortable stay with a good hot breakfast. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.