“Nice!”

Ranked #46 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lecanto, Florida, United States
“Nice!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice hotel. When we arrived our room was not ready. Girl at the check in desk had a little bit of an attitude but the rest of the staff we dealt with was nice. Our room was nice. We were in the back of the hotel away from traffic so it was quiet. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for making our property a part of your recent visit to Pigeon Forge. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed the outdoor pool and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and appreciate your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Tazewell, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The staff were extremely rude and so was the manager. I left the hotel and had to find some place else to stay. Completely ridiculous. I would never recommend that hotel to anyone. It put a big damper on my families vacation.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank kaylakbaker03
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We are not aware of any circumstance of this nature taking place at this property. While it is sometimes difficult to please all guests, we do have a reputation for exceeding guest expectations and taking care of issues promptly. Please feel free to contact our property so that we may learn more about your particular situation and hopefully provide assistance in this matter. Again, we are saddened by this review and unaware of your recent stay.

On a personal note, as the General Manager of The Shular Inn, your call is welcomed as we have not met or had an opportunity to speak. I look forward to gaining clarification on your recent visit to this area and the knowledge of who you are referring to in this review as "the manager".
Hiram, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Shular Inn, in Pigeon Forge. The rooms were very clean. The outdoor pool and the hot tub were also very clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The staff was great at recommending which dinner shows to take the children to see and which ones to avoid. If I could change one thing, it would be to have no smoking at the pool. It was the only drawback that we had the entire time that we were there. We look forward to returning to this hotel the next time we are in that area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay! We enjoy being a part of your home away from home. It is great to hear that you participated in some of the area attractions, we take great pride in learning about and providing information about the area. We thank guests like yourself for providing the feedback that allows us to give advice on "what to do" in Pigeon Forge. Thank you for sharing about the outdoor pool and smoking, we are working on that issue. Please come back to see us soon, we look forward to seeing you again!
Oak Ridge,TN
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Oct 2013. There rates are very budget friendly during this time. We loved there indoor pool an hot tub which is 24 hrs as well as the breakfast in the morning. Very centrally located short walk to everything on the an just a short drive to Dollywood. We had a smoking room facing Firehouse Subs. We loved our room it was updated an very clean. We will defiantly be staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we love being a part of your vacation to Pigeon Forge! It is wonderful to hear from our guests that enjoy the convenience of our property and the wonderful breakfast served each morning. Please come back to see us soon!
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Personal service was good, breakfast was excellent, out door pool was beautiful and we enjoyed a great night swim. The bed was the most comfortable I had slept in for a $ Inn. The only thing I that could have made it perfect was our room was not as clean on the day of arrival as I would have preferred. Floor needed vacuuming and shower needed more attention to detail. The phone did not work. The second day the room seemed to be cleaner. My first impression made me very nervous about my stay but the rest of the trip made me decide on a higher rating. The bed slept so good and the staff in the breakfast area did a great job of serving hot food even with a large tour bus present. I hope that they will emphasize attention to detail when cleaning so people will choose to stay at this location. Def. will give it another try!

Room Tip: One side is newer! By accident I think we were on the older side. Ask for details about your pref...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cristy71198
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your visit. Quick getaways are sometimes the best adventures in life. We are very pleased to have been a part of this time away from the hustle and bustle of home! The breakfast area and staff bring us great pride, so happy it made you smile as well. We have already shared the information in this review with our housekeeping staff, thank you for providing us with a guest's perspective to use as a training tool. Please let us know when you plan to come back to Pigeon Forge, we look forward to see you again real soon.
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Shular in from May 16 to May 19. For reference purposes, we were in room 320 in the building on the main road. When we checked in, the front desk staff was very friendly. When we arrived in our room, it was an average hotel room. We are used to staying in cabins or Wyndham hotels, so maybe we are a little spoiled, but we don't normally stay in regular hotels so maybe I don't have a good basis of comparison. Upon inspecting the room, there were many hairs in the bathroom and in the sheets. I safely assumed these were from cleaning staff and I just picked them up myself. However, upon further review, the room could use a deep cleaning - there were cobwebs in the corner above the TV, dust all above the lights over the sink, and mold along the ceiling in the bathroom (just a little bit). I am just a neat freak I think. When I went to bed the first night, the mattress was very hard and not comfortable. The pillows were also old and extremely mushy, but I sorted through all of the pillows and found 2 good ones. I didn't sleep well the first night, but after getting used to the bed, I was fine the rest of the nights. The noise level was okay unless you were in the bathroom - I could hear conversations going on in other rooms while I was in there. We had the breakfast one day - while I'm sure it was okay for the general public, I eat very healthy and I didn't find many options. There was no fresh fruit on the day we went. We chose to eat breakfast out on the other two mornings. Overall, this hotel was not bad. The staff was very friendly. The room ended up being okay. If the mattresses were updated, I would consider staying here again. It was in a nice location across from a new part of PF called The Island. Overall, a good time, but I just prefer a cabin.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alwaysonvacay
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is a great assistance in our continued effort to exceed guest expectations. Please note that the issues you experienced are not normal for our property, we would of gladly changed your room as we do not expect any guest to settle for unsatisfactory amenities. However, we have addressed the issues presented in this review and appreciate your feedback on the breakfast, please feel free to share options you would like to see offered. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family stayed at this hotel on May 31st. It was a spur of the moment trip and we are glad we stayed here. It was very pleasant since the hotel we usually stayed at was booked. This hotel features 2 pools, 1 outdoor and 1 indoor. The indoor pool was nice and the kids had a ball. We didn't have to rush to get back to the hotel for the kids to swim because the indoor pool is open 24 hours. We did not use the outdoor pool, but it look nice. The room was nice and clean. The staff was very nice and price was reasonable. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim R
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for making us a part of your "spur of the moment" visit to Pigeon Forge. Those last minute getaways are so much fun. It was nice to hear that your visit was pleasant and that you enjoyed the amenities available at the Shular Inn. We hope that you have found another "home away from home" with us. Come back soon!