“Cant wait to come back!!!”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Yadkinville NC
“Cant wait to come back!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My husband and I along with 2 teenagers stayed a week here in July..

The rooms were clean and very affordably priced. they were everything we needed, altho next time I would love to get the suite with the full kitchen...

YUM!! The complimentary breakfast with the biscuits and gravy were a huge hit the with guys....us gals loved the muffins and danish

AWESOME! The 24 hr indoor pool and hot tub were a bigtime bonus..When we first arrived the indoor pool water was rather cool, but after we inquired about it, the weather had dropped from the 90s to the 80s and 60s at nite over the last few days, so they turned the heat up....the hot tub was great on my tired body after that horseback ride..........wonderful.....

SLEEPIN ON THE CLOUDS!!!! I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot sleep in most beds and usuallly take the sofa...theses beds were the most comfortable I have had in years....I actually was able to sleep for the first time.....they didnt feel like i was lying on a bed of pebbles...and when mama can rest, everybody sleeps.

The staff was very friendly, eager to assist if needed, and very helpful with information on "off the beaten path" things to do. They mailed some pcards for me without me having to go look for stamps..

We will most definetely be back here as soon as we can.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR VACATION ONE WE WILL CHERRISH AND REMEMBER FOR YEARS TO COME..GOD BLESS YOU!!

The Plowman Family
Yadkinville North Carolina

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
wv
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Stayed 2 nights was very clean, office people were nice.Next time we go we will stay at the shular inn .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
toronto ontario
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Stayed 1 night on a Saturday night and got a great rate when most other decent hotels were fully booked or over $80.00+ a night.

Nice indoor pool, kids loved it. Room was good....2 queen comfortable beds, mini fridge, micro etc.

Toilet is low flow so remind the kids NOT to put too much paper in before flushing. Our got clogged, called downstairs around midnight, front desk came up within 3 minutes with plunger and cleared it out.

Parking is free. We didn't do the continental but it was available.

We would stay here again for the rate and pool and location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
New Jersey - Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I was travelling a thousand miles as a mother with a 7 year old, and needed a place to stay the night that was both very safe and also affordable. I chose to go into Pigeon Forge off of the Interstate, because there are so many family activities there. We stopped and inquired about prices at some other hotels first, and Shular Inn was every bit as elegant and nice as some other hotels charging $100 per night plus tax. We came on a weeknight and the rate was around $65 plus tax, which I felt was a bargain. The hotel had many families with children, the parking lot is very well lit, and everything felt very safe. It also has a great pool. The room itself is laid out like a regular hotel room, but what it had that others often do not is this: It was extremely clean, totally well-maintained, and had extra amenities such as a refrigerator and beautiful granite countertops. The bathroom was spotless. The mattress and pillows were even super comfortable - I would like to have a mattress that comfortable at home. We slept great, and woke up refreshed. Even though there were a lot of other people in the hotel, I did not hear any noise whatsoever from other rooms - not TV's, running water, or muffled voices - nothing. We could hear the faint sounds of happy people in the pool, but it was not a disturbance to us. By night, our view looked out on the lights of the town and a carnival type place, and by day, we could see the mountains. Beautiful! My son loved it. We were also able to go to an amusement park in the evening, which is near to the hotel on the other side of the road, and we played putt putt golf, and he rode go carts, which was a real treat. In the morning, the hotel served a very nice continental breakfast. All of the staff that we met, both checking in and checking out, were just as nice as they could be - friendly, professional, helpful, and happy. The other guests that we talked to were also super nice. My son loved it and says this is his favorite hotel of all time. Staying at Shular Inn was a real pleasure, and we will look forward to a return visit next time we are passing through that way.

Bluefield, WV
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Made reservations for a room 3 days prior to stay. Arrived and had to wait 5hrs for a room. 2hrs after getting in room, finally received wash cloths. Room smelled awful, had to go and buy candles and a can of air freshener. Flys in the bathroom. When made reservations on phone was told of discounted tickets for Dollywood through the hotel. Went to purchase tickets when arrived, you have to place on credit card. Who in their right mind does not accept cash? Will never stay there again. Hope you don't.

5 Thank wvnurse101
Marysville, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We had 3 nights through a time share promotion, and chose the Shular for its location.
Nothing fancy, clean, and basic. We were at the "rear" building (by the outdoor pool and continental breakfast room). We were on the fifth floor with indoor corridors, which was nice. The mini kitchen in our room (w/apt-size fridge) would be nice if you wanted to cook a light meal.
There wasn't daily housekeeping and the continental breakfast was sparse and "cheap" - canned fruit cocktail rather than fresh fruit, frozen mini-sweet rolls rather than fresh pastry.
The outdoor pool and hot tub had water, but neither seemed to have been cleaned; the indoor pool roof leaked onto the floor and the bathrooms at the pool didn't work. The hot tub at the indoor pool was nice.
Front desk staff was polite, helpful. Not very busy when we were there - not a third full, so nice and quiet.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
bluff city, tn
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We always stay at the Shular Inn however when I called to make my reservation I was told a rate about double to what it actually was, I called back a few days later got the same lady was told same thing so since it was way higher than what we could spend we booked with Econo Lodge. Well the hot tub over there started leaking to the room down below and the bathroom plumbing was messed up too . It was our anniversary trip and I had booked a month it advance to make sure we got a nice room . Well we called Shular to see if we could move there the price was ok and they told me the lady I had talked with earlier in the month had messed up on pricing. I called back down at the desk at Econo and was told if we moved motels we would still default the first night
which would have been 100.00 I was so upset and was getting quite angry well then the front desk called back and said we could go to the Shular for the same price and they would knock the default down to 50.00, no i dont think it was fair i had to pay that default we had only been checked in about 3 hrs and it was something not our fault. but I was happy just to get over to Shular I didnt care anymore . The gentleman there was so nice and helpful gave us a nice room with jaquzii and fireplace.. alot better room that what we had over at the other place. I will never stay anywhere else other than the Shular from now on ... Their Staff are excellent and helpfull...
Thank you for making our trip great...
The hot tub was very important since it rained our whole trip and we didnt get to do anything we had planned...
You guys are the greatest !!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple