“Cozy, Toasty, Quiet!!!! PERFECT” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
knoxville
“Cozy, Toasty, Quiet!!!! PERFECT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

After a looong rough week, my boyfriend and I just wanted to get away. I THANK GOD I saw the ad for this hotel and picked it. We stayed in a the King Jacuzzi Suite; my reservation was very swift and affordable for such a nice room! The Jacuzzi was spotless, the room was neat and toasty when we got there. I was thoroughly pleased with how quite it was at night. I swear anytime I go to the mountains now, I wouldnt stay anyhwhere else but the Shular Inn.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed at the Shular Inn during peak season, which on any vacation can be very unpredictable. My husband and I traveled with our 10-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter from Florida. We were very happy with our stay . The staff was very attentive and personable. The rooms were very clean and the fireplace was a great bonus especially after living in Florida. We were able to grab their complimentary breakfast very quickly and get on the road for our excursions each day even though there were many tour groups staying at the Inn. And, on one of our days, after we hiked 11 miles to Mount Le Conte, we came back to the Inn and enjoyed the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Our children looked forward to swimming in the pool all day while we hiked! We will definitely return to the area to vacation and stay at Shular Inn again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

I stayed here on a 3 night vacation with my husband and 3 year old son. I chose Shular Inn after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor and I'm glad that I did. It was very easy to check in and out, the rooms were very clean, and comfortable beds. We didn't have any problems while staying here. I took advantage of the in room fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer. It's always nice to have those in your room. Included with the room was a free breakfast that we enjoyed. They had biscuits, gravy, grits, toast, cereal, coffee, orange juice, and milk. The hotel was also close to area attractions and easy to access, especially with the back road into the hotel. We didn't have to fight with the traffic as much. While staying here we enjoyed the Dixie Stampede, Cades Cove, Gatlinburg, and Newfound Gap. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Greenville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

I searched for days looking for a hotel in the Smokies with both a kitchen and an indoor pool and was so relieved when I found the Shular Inn had both!! As others have posted, I am always scared to stay somewhere that I have never stayed before but the Shular Inn by far exceeded my expectations! The staff was so friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was nice, and we all slept so great in our quiet room!! I hope to return again soon and hope to make Shular Inn our new hotel of the Smokies!! Thanks for making our vacation great!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

This was a wonderful hotel. I was a little hesitant about staying in a place that I had never stayed, or didn't know anything about. The only bad thing I can say is that the indoor pool and hot tub was a little dirty. It was just after the Rod run, so this could be why. Also there was no place to sit outside, other than the pool area.
The rooms were very clean. Showers, beds, everything was very well maintained. The staff was very helpful, especially the woman who took care of breakfast. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed! I would return again and again. Great hotel for the money! The more I was there, the more I enjoyed it!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Tennesseelover37
BettyJo10, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to your future visit. We sincerely apologize for the congestion of the Rod Run weekend. We are very proud of Barbara, our breakfast hostess and we happily passed on your compliments.

Joyce Gilleland
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We were traveling with two other couples so we were given adjoining rooms. Since we were traveling on motorcycles and had limited space, we were happy to hear the hotel had laundry facilities available. They outdoor pool was nice and the area surrounding the pool was very clean. The water in the indoor pool was a very dark shade of green so we stayed away from that pool. The continental breakfast was not much to get excited over and we did end up going to a restaurant for breakfast, which was conveniently located within walking distance to the hotel.
We would definately stay in this hotel again, however this town isn't much for the 40 something travelers with no kids and who enjoy an alcoholic drink, next time we'll travel five more miles to say in Gatlinberg.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Rutledge, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

I called the Shular Inn around 9pm on June 13 to reserve a room for that week. I was told, it wasn't neccasary to reserve since I was coming the next day and they have plenty of rooms available. When I arrived the next day, guess what?, NO rooms were available. I have stayed at the Shular before and love it. I was told they had one room for one night, but then I'd have to leave. I wasn't about to stay one night and pack everything up again and go to another Hotel. Needless to say, I was very upset. As was my family. Luckily we were able to find a room at a nice Hotel and didn't have to go back home.
I understand sometimes, thing happen out of their control. But I had credit card in hand and was told "No, need, We have PLENTY of room available".

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank porkupine66
JEhrat, Internet Coordinator at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
We certainly cannot explain what happened to you! It is extremely odd, and we are so sorry! We always take reservations if space if available, just to assure a guest they do have a room. It is our policy to alleviate as many concerns for a guest as possible, and worrying about where to stay when they are out of town is Number 1!

As you can see from our previous TripAdvisor Reviews over the last year, our guests love us and return again and again. Again, we would like to apologize for the way you were treated, and we can certainly understand how this experience will color your perception of our hotel. However, we also hope you will look past this really odd circumstance, and give us another chance to prove how important our guests are to us.