“Very happy with my choice of Music Road Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Music Road Resort Hotel

Music Road Resort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
KY
“Very happy with my choice of Music Road Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

As usual, I checked Trip Advisor reviews on places to stay. We are from KY and wanted a close getaway in a nice hotel for a mini vacation with two young children. We've stayed in many places in Pigeon Forge over the years, but things are always changing, out with the old in with the new. We found the hotel to be very nice and clean. Hotel staff were very friendly with good ol Tennesssee hospitality. Rooms were well appointed with tastful up to date decoration and plenty spacious for a double queen rm. We had balcony pool side. This hotel had outdoor pool was heated and our children loved the slide as well as the lazy river. There was also a snack bar open during the day for cokes and snacks. They played soft rock music at the pool during the day and nothing offensive. Indoor pool was nice with hot tub. The environment was family friendly and we felt very comfortable there with a 3 and 9 yr old. The deluxe continental breakfast was very handy for parents to grab a bite and not have to wake up little ones. The backside of hotel faced a river and had a few tables and also rocking chairs to catch a pretty view. This hotel was very convenient to all Pigeon Forge and just off the main drag. We had such a nice time there, if we went back tomorrow I would stay there again!

1 Thank patsytwine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

My family and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Pigeon Fordge & Gatlinburg. This hotel has it all. We really loved our 5 night stay here. We stayed in room 311. Third floor river side. The balcony was the first one right over the middle of the sun deck. The beds were very soft with 4 feather pillows on each bed. My husband just had back surgery and I was a little worried that sleeping on a hotel bed would hurt him even more. But to our suprise THE BEDS WERE GREAT !!! It was hard to get up early in the mornings because we just wanted to sleep in. The breakfast in the morning was good. Our kids loved the doughnuts. It was always well stocked. The only suggestion would be to add boiled eggs or some kind of protein to the breakfast. But other then that, we liked it. The river view was great. Every morning we were visited by a very friendly squirrel who would eat bread balls my children dropped down over our balcony to feed him. Every morning he was always there waiting. My children loved this.
The pool area, I can not say enough about the pool area. This was a life saver for my kids. All they wanted to do was swim in the pool for hours, making new friends the whole time we were there. They would make plans to meet their new found friends at the pool after day activities. They would get snacks from the pool veranda. Slide down the water slide. Play games in the lazy river, do tricks off the diving board.......

The front desk people were great ! They would give us tips on places to go for activities or great places to eat and we were also given coupons for a free appetizers at the Bullfish.

This place was more than a hotel to come sleep. It became a great part of our vacation.
We will come back next year.

2 Thank Christine M
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

I did my fair share of reading the reviews on here about the various motel/hotel options in Pigeon Forge and decided that this would be the "perfect" place to take my kids for a get-away for the 4th of July. No problems booking the room, got what I considered a fair rate, then...reading deeper into the reviews found that this place is definately NOT SMOKER FRIENDLY!!!! I have a son with asthma, so I refuse to smoke around him, will not smoke in the house, and will only smoke outside. When I called them back to ask if there would be a problem with smoking outside on the balcony, they told me that there would be a $250.00 charge on my credit card if I was caught smoking OUTSIDE!!! Unbelievable! Needless to say, I quickly canceled our reservations and found a more smoker friendly place to stay. Unfortunately the non-smoker nazis' in this country are really ruining life for those of us that do decide to smoke. You really need to stop being so judgmental!

3 Thank NPinks4
aprilnicolerose, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2009
It is unfortunate that this writer gave us the lowest rating without having experienced our facility and our great customer service. Smoking is an issue that most facilities have to address and in our case we chose to go all non smoking for reasons that even the writer gave. Those who have asthma can be trigered even by the slightest hint of smoke. We clearly state on our website that we are a non smoking facility. However, we have a lovely patio off the lobby with rocking chairs and a wonderful view of the river for those guests who would like to smoke.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

I was wary about taking my grandchildren to "the mountains" for a couple days: the traffic, the driving, the looking for entertainment. Little did I realize I was going to a hotel from which one never had to leave to keep the kids OR adults entertained and relaxed! The lobby was reminiscent of some wonderful 4-star hotels I've stayed in, the staff courteous and attentive, the hotel sparkling clean. Outdoors was a wonderland for children, from the waterslide to the mushroom shower to the lazy river rafting area. For me, I stayed under the cabana with its lively music and open snack bar. When it rained, we moved indoors to the pool and sumptuous jacuzzi. The back porch spanned the length of the hotel and overlooked the glorious Pigeon River, lined with lounge and rocking chairs perfect for an afternoon siesta. Morning breakfast was anything you could ask for, free, including hot biscuits and gravy, cereals, pastries, etc. And if you want to save a bit of money, the rooms all have microwaves, refrig/freezer and cabinet space. My kids never wanted to get out of the pool or away from the 24-hr arcade long enough to leave, so we ate in. I left feeling relaxed and refreshed. The kids left worn out and begging to go back.. which we will, I expect, numerous times this summer.

Yes, the rooms are a bit pricier than the surrounding motels.. but what you save in food and entertainment elsewhere MUCH more than makes up for it.. and is well worth it to stay in a safe, clean and self-sustaining resort-type hotel in the middle of Pigeon Forge. The trolley stops right in front, so even if you want to leave, you need not take your car for outings or shopping. At night, it was quiet and peaceful. I would recommend this hotel HIGHLY for anyone with children. Note: there are two properties here, The Hotel and The Inn which is across the street. Both have the same amenities. We stayed at the Hotel. Ethernet cables were already in the room and just waiting for a wonderful high speed hookup to my laptop. No need to be incommunicado here !

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank kgar41
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2009

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Pigeon Forge for our 27th wedding anniversary. We chose to stay one night at Music Road Hotel. We booked a king suite river view with jacuzzi -non smoking. We checked in early at 12:30. Room was ready according to Betty at desk. We went to room 407 opened the door and the smell of smoke was very strong. We phoned the desk and were immediately given another room with apologies from Betty. She was the friendliest person we had ever checked in with, at any hotel. We went to our room and this one was absolutely perfect. Clean, everything in working order. Plenty of good parking spaces available here. The waterpark pool area had just opened that day and was heated. Warm on the first day, amazing. The indoor pool area was nice also. This was our favorite hotel in Pigeon Forge. We go to Pigeon Forge twice a year and have stayed at many different hotels. We plan on staying here again. The staff are so friendly. They make you feel special. The resort is exceptionally clean and has a great pool area indoor and out. Complimentary breakfast included. Exceptionally quiet. Slept like babies.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank britbrat87
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

I have to tell you all, this was the best hotel we stayed in on our 10 day trip. Had I known that this hotel was this beautiful we would have stayed for at least 3-4 days. We had a downstairs room with a jaccuzi in the room with a kingsize bed. Door that led out onto the patio that over looked the stream. The hotel staff was so friendly. If you are going to pigeon forge, this is a great place to stay. We are going to go back next year and stay here for a while!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandylou101
Chattanooga, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel just after Valentines day this year. We spent the extra money (about $125 a night) and got the honeymoon suite. SO WORTH IT! We had a beautiful king size sleigh bed, a sitting area with a fireplace, a jacuzzi, and a giant bathroom with double sinks. The balcony was huge. Since the honeymoon suites are on the corners of the building you get a triple size balcony that wraps all the way around the corner. The hotel staff was super friendly and always helpful. There is a water park on site which we did not get to use since it was February, but they have and indoor pool and jacuzzi which were both very nice. The hotel is very aesthetically pleasing.

My only complaint about the hotel is only one jet worked on our in room jacuzzi and the advertised hot breakfast was cereal, fruit, oatmeal, and biscuits and gravy. Not my idea of a full hot breakfast. We weren't too upset though since there are a lot of really great pancake houses up there.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple