“A great stay!”
Review of Timbers Lodge

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I must admit that I didn't expect the stay to be this good. I mean, I paid so little for 3 nights, I thought it was going to be a "motel" experience. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were so comfortable! The atmosphere was very home like. The staff was friendly and eager to accomadate. There is fun park located right next to it, which is a plus for kids. We will certainly stay again!

Room Tip: The rooms near the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angie S
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We are certainly glad you gave us a try. You are now part of the Timbers family!! We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Timbers Lodge

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in the heart of Pigeon Forge which was awesome. The room was clean. They do allow pets.. so if you want a room that has had no pets you need to specify. They not only have standard rooms but loft rooms with fireplaces also. They give you the log cabin feel without the hefty price. Some have carpet, others have hardwood floors. It is all in what you prefer. The staff was nice and was there for anything we needed. The breakfast was there if we wanted it (continential) ... Krispy Kreme, yogurt etc. We stayed after Christmas through the New Yr. They made sure we were aware of the fireworks that were going to be going off behind us and housekeeping made sure we had plenty of clean towels and plenty of TP.... we go every Christmas ... and with a budget to worry about we felt at home and in a clean and safe environment for our kids.... we will definately be back for the yrs to come. THANK YOU....

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Clifton9757

We are so glad you enjoyed another holiday with us. We do try to make everyone feel like part of our family. The Island's New Year's Eve celebration was great, wasn't it?? It was the first year for them, and they did a great job. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Book early, so you will get the roomtype and dates you prefer. See you then.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was afraid when we booked the room online without seeing first. The room is awesome for pets, no carpet hard floor. The bed is by far the best I've slept on. Don't get the negative reviews. Breakfast was awesome. Room excellent. Price great. We will be back. By the way we were in room 103. Sure you can hear traffic but when you are by the roadway what hotel can you not here. It was not a problem for us. We loved it!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank portlandtn

Thank you very much for your kind words. We try our best to make every guest feel at home here at Timbers We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Now you also are part of our family. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My daughter and I, plus our fur baby, stayed during December. We were pleasantly surprised at the size and cleanliness of the room; however, I feel the room we were in may have been a handicapped accessible room, and this left me feeling a bit guilty and uncomfortable thinking that someone may roll in needing just such a room. Not sure if that was the type of room we were in or not, but the tub and toilet were certainly set up for such. I would like to suggest to the one that makes the purchasing decision of the hotel, to invest in curved shower curtain rods, as the tub is a bit narrow and for people that are not barbie doll size, we do not like to rub against a cold wet curtain. kind of gives me the heebie jeebies. Still enjoyed our stay, this was not a big deal, just would like to see it improved. I like the idea that there is a hotel this nice that allows us to bring our pet. My parents were watching after him before, but they are now both in their 70's, one with Parkinsons and the other with Cancer, so fur baby MUST come, when I get an opportunity to take a short vaca.
We do look forward to returning soon maybe bring the parents if they can handle the ride.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 199Christine_B
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on your stay. I will certainly pass along your suggestion regarding the shower rods. Please come back soon and we are always happy to see your fur-child.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here twice. The first time was great. The rooms were clean the people were nice. This year the room was nasty. There was mold and rot in the barhriom. The floors seemed as though they had never been cleaned. We cleaned up spilled water in the living area and the towel came up black. We had multiple issues with the room keys and with paying for the room. When we called about the issues we had during our stay, management did nothing about it. We didn't even get an apology. We will not be returning to this hotel until there is new management.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Livelytraveler09

I am so sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. I have taken your comments to the housekeeping department, and they were very embarrassed . I can assure you it was not up to their usual high standards. Please give me a call directly, at the hotel, and I would like to discuss these issues with you personally.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The photos of this motel on line looked quaint and because of the holidays and a youth conference in town, we were unable to stay at one of our usual hotels, so we got a good price and took a chance. The room was satisfactory but we could hear outside noises and kids in the room next to us. When I needed a blanket, my husband took one off the shelf only to find that someone had folded it with paper shreds inside! The shower had a leftover washcloth and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned. We left during the day and when we returned about 4 p.m., our room hadn't been touched so at 5 p.m. I called the office to request service which finally came about 5:30 p.m. Overall we were disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy H

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to make every guests' stay enjoyable. The past few weeks have been an extremely busy - which is good for us, but sometimes the staff doesn't get to every room before 5:00, which is our goal. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department in a attempt to make the room inspections better. Hopefully you will give us another chance to improve your impression of our hotel

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights including Christmas and had a wonderful stay. We have stayed here before but this was our first time in one of the third floor loft rooms. It was super. The kitchen does not have dishes (a quick trip to Dollar Tree solved this problem) but the microwave and fridge were great. We had plenty of space for a great family Christmas including our pet. Breakfast was good enough with several choices. The staff was always friendly and our rooms were cleaned each day except Christmas. Note: We appreciate you allowing them to be off and the way you let us know ahead of time. Overall it was a great stay and we will be back.

Room Tip: Lots to choose from so look around to see what you want.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are so glad your stay over Christmas was enjoyable. We love it when our guests feel like part of our family. Please come back to see us again soon.