“Management Should...”

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #36 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Management Should...”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Timber Lodge last June but it wasn't an option to select as when I visited. We were more than pleased with our stay especially the cost, location, pet friendliness, and cabin feel. I came on hereto read additional reviews before planning another trip there. I did notice that to every negative review there appears to be a management response. It would be nice to see management actually respond as well to some of the positive comments. Thanking customers for their continued support may help guarantee future business, rather than only responding to many who seem to only want to complain and obviously have no intentions of returning.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JRose927
Becky S, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
JRose927,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us last June.
We do try to respond to all reviews, not only the negative ones. I have failed in doing so over the past couple of months and I do apologize that this had made you feel that we aren't appreciative of our guests. We do appreciate all of our guests that stay with us and strive to make our guests feel welcome and at home while visiting our area. We do hope that we will see you in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Castle
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I liked the log cabin effect inside the spacious room, bed was comfortable, room was clean & they were pet friendly! The location was great & the price was right! The free breakfast left much to the imagination, but there were plenty of places to eat. This is not a big place only 52 rooms but all and all it served our needs! My only & biggest concern was lighting or the lack of it. There were only four lights & the bathroom/dressing area you needed a lamp in there to see to get ready for the day. Would I stay there again - yes - but I would take an extra light!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewCastleMontana
NewCastleMontana,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we are limited on space for our breakfast and try to offer as much as we can for everyone to enjoy.
We are addressing our lighting issue as some rooms do seem to be slightly darker inside than others. We are working on the best solution for this issue.
We do hope that next time you are in our area you will stay with us again.
Safe travels!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay 3-4 times a year when we travel to Pigeon Forge and we find it to be our favorite dog friendly hotel there. The rooms are very big and comfortable. Some rooms are better than others. We love having the sitting areas to hang out at outside. It was perfect viewing of Dolly at the homecoming parade too. The bathroom could have been cleaner but overall not a bad place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Angoohlala,
We appreciate our loyal guests such as yourself. We love seeing familiar faces come back time after time and are looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon in the future. Our hope is that our guests feel right at home during their stay. We are glad you came and enjoyed seeing Dolly with us! I have addressed the bathroom issue with our housekeeping department and do not expect you to have any cleanliness issues again. Looking forward to your next stay with us!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in room 224 and didn't notice the bedbugs until 11:00 pm when they started biting us. We called down to the front desk and as they were all booked, all they could offer to do was change the sheets. Really?? That wouldn't do ANYTHING to fix the problem and I'd be worried that they'll have a hotel-wide problem soon if they think it does. The front desk attendant didn't seem surprised, and I'm thinking they might have already known about the problem. So we packed up our luggage and toddler at 11:30 at night, and had to go to Knoxville an hour away to get a hotel. We spent the whole next day washing, drying, and fumigating everything we had with us. Not a fun way to spend a vacation.

Room Tip: At the least, stay away from room 224.
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Traveler29898
Traveler29898,
I hate to hear that you had a bad experience while visiting our area. We take pride in our property and want our guests to be able to enjoy themselves while here. Our Front Desk Agent was correct in that we, unfortunately, didn't have any other room to be able to move you into. He advised besides changing the sheets, which wouldn't solve the issue, our only other option was to refund your money back and not charge for the use of the room. He immediately put the room out of order so the room could not be used by anyone until the room could be inspected. He didn't mean to come across as if this incident was not a surprise and we are sorry you feel that way.
The room was inspected thoroughly the next day by looking behind headboards, crevices of the mattresses, sheets, blankets and could not find any signs of bedbugs or any other bug on either bed. Our pest control company has also been by and checked the room out and found nothing. I apologize for your unfortunate event at our hotel and do hope that you will give us a chance again in the future.
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Went for Valentine Weekend.. I loved this place ; my husband booked our room ; I was so excited how well he done.. Our little cozy room was just the right size with a fire place and Jacuzzi.. A good size room with a very comfortable bed.. I usually don't stay in this area ; but ! So glad I did.. It looks like a big cabin with little cabin rooms.. Very clean and wonderful staff ; I appreciate how nice they was ; it was freezing cold and they had fire place turned on for us.. Such a romantic room for a great weekend. . I will always return here..

• Stayed February 2014
Becky S, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
sissycat84,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive for all of our guests to enjoy their stay and sounds as if this was accomplished during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chuckey, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for the Women Of Joy Christian conference, very nice, beds were very soft nice fluffy pillows, hotel staff was nice and helpful. Convient location. Wish they had more to offer on the breakfast, and stocked better, fresh fruit not old was the only problem i saw.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
We are so glad that you & your group of ladies picked our hotel for your stay. We do hope to see you again for next year's conference or maybe sometime in between now and then. We are looking into different options for breakfast. We do try to have something for everyone. Thank you again for staying with us!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay at timbers lodge was no what we bargained for! We had seen the hotel many times while visiting pigeon forge and decided to check them out! Their website said they were newly renovated, wrong! We arrived to find that the renovations were basically piecing things together! The walls were paper thin, we heard everything that the people next door were doing including using the restroom! We heard music from one of the rooms beside us all afternoon and night, when I informed the front desk the guy basically blew me off and as I left the office the guy rolled his eyes at me! Our rooms floors were so dirty it wasn't even funny! My child spilled some water on the floor and when I wiped it up with a paper towel the towel turned black!! We will definitely not be staying here again! Yes this hotel is pet friendly but so is the Hampton down the street!

Stayed March 2014