“Christmas shopping weekend”
Review of Park Grove Inn

Park Grove Inn
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Came to Pigeon Forge to do some Christmas shopping, the hotel was in a great location close to shopping and dining. Room was nice and clean and the staff at the desk were very warm and inviting.

Room Tip: Could have slept better if the hotel lights did not shine through the patio door. Need room darkenin...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ur2sweet

Reviewed 31 December 2011

I decided to stay here after it was recommended by my neighbor and also after I had checked it out on TripAdvisor.
I was not disappointed. I found the rooms to be very clean and nice.When I made the reservations, I was told that all of the rooms had been renovated in January/February of 2011 and that everything except the carpets had been replaced. I found this to be true. The pictures on this site do not show how pretty and nice this place actually is.
The carpets could be cleaned or replaced after the busy year they have had. But I have no complaints.
It is a very nice place with a very nice staff.
Cleanliness, comfort and safety are the most important things to me when I travel. This hotel provided all of that and more. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank sb36203
Reviewed 29 November 2011

For years when visiting Pigeon Forge (we go maybe 5 times a year) we stayed at Hampton Inns, EconoLodge or another well known place at considerable cost. Then we discovered this hotel ..it's main attraction was that each room had a private balcony and it was surrounded by lovely mountains. We discovered that the rooms were clean, fresh, and comparable to the more expensive places. The staff are cordial and helpful. The continental breakfast for a long time was pretty ho-hum, but this year they added biscuits and gravy and a few other nice little touches. The rates are reasonable and there is easy access to the show houses and restaurants. Dollywood is a piece down the road but not that far.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Because of the balconies, choose a room on the higher floor if available (unless you have kids...the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyLiz
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We come to the Mountains alot and usually stay in a condo for several nights but we have discovered this place for a quick getaway weekend! We have stayed here twice in the last several months and both times were great! The staff is very friendly and the rooms very clean and nice. The hallways have the best fresh clean smell that I have experienced from any other hotel. Nice flat screen TV's, small fridge & microwave, comfortable beds! I would definately recommend this place! It's also very easy to get in & out & around from its location. You would find this out real quick if you came during a rod run event.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TammieSue
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for nights (Oct 28-Nov 2) and found it to be very impressive from the time we first walked into the lobby up until we checked out. Our room's appearance was equally as impressive, very clean, comfortable, and large. My husband became ill from something he had eaten the night before during the very early morning hours of the day we were scheduled to go home. We needed to stay at least another day before he could travel home and the staff made arrangements for us to keep the same room so we would not have to move to another one. I had to end up taking him to the Smoky Mountain Urgent Care. There was a Walgreen's down the Parkway nearby, and a Kroger's right next door in easy walking distance. The staff asked about him more than once and seemed to geniunely care. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuvGreatSmokies
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel was very nice the bed was comfortable and the pools were ok the indoor one didnt have a shallow end for little kids but that was ok.It was a little noisy at night in the hallways but we were close to the elevator.But over all it was nice and affordable

Room Tip: My advice dont get a room to close to the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed here one night and it was just OK for me. We would probably stay some where else, if staying longer.The hotel is older and although it has updated some furnishings, it still has alot that is still stuck in the 80"s. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds, I am a germafoob!I guess I just look for the whole package in places I stay.I had rather pay more and get more; I dont think we even had coffee in our room.

Room Tip: choose a room on the front of the hotel.we had a room overlooking some sort of warehouse. request a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple