“Come on.....”
Review of Park Grove Inn

Park Grove Inn
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Okay, we stayed in the family suite on February 25th. I am the pickiest person in the world and found this hotel to be just fine. We will definitely return again! When reading reviews, please be mindful of different people's interpretations and impressions. Everyone is welcomed to their own opinions. Okay..my review... the room was HUGE :-) all sheets and bed linens were stark white and immaculate :-) the bathroom was spotless :-) view from balcony was lovely :-) pool open 24 hours and very clean, as was the hot tob very spacious for several guests :-) coffee 24/7 in lobby :-) ice cream machines by front door :-) church service was available in a conference room for travelers on Sunday morning :-) we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and accomodating :-) ample parking :-) near to many attractions :-) so much room for the money -especially for my large family, 2 teens and a ten year old - plenty of elbow room!!! :-) There were only 2 things I would be concerned about - 1: breakfast buffet -it's nice, but so many people feasting over toast and cereal...I would just bring some pop tarts and milk to my room. It had a small fridge and microwave -only because I am somewhat of a germ-o-phobe! and #2 the carpet was REALLY stained - hey, the room was so spotless otherwise we just wore socks and flip flops. We figured in a family suite kids must be spilling stuff all the time. lol Still, we were very impressed and it will be the hotel we return to on our next Pigeon Forge trip.

Room Tip: Family suites are a great deal! Two large rooms with a door separating them. They share the same bat...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy R

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Customer Service was absolutely horrible. My stay was during a storm that had tornado warnings. Counter people made fun of guests for coming to the first floor during the two tornado warnings. Loudly talking amongst one another calling the guests "chicken little". Threatening to lock the main lobby door because they were tired of how many guests were coming to the lobby. Talking about how they expected their business to be booming this year because of the tornados that struck Branson, Mo will increase their business this year. I was appalled to say the least. Their callous disregard of their guests concerns and fears was astounding. The following day I overheard one of the counter people still making fun of the guests from the previous night to new guests just checking in!

Room Tip: I do not recommend staying at this establishment.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura3312
pgroveinn, Front Desk Staff at Park Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

I was one of the people working the desk that night. My name is Chris, and if you read the rest of the reviews you will see many positive reviews of my customer service. But old adage of “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” comes to mind in this case. Guests who are rational, logical, reasonable and respectable are treated in kind.
To paint the picture for others: We had tornado warnings for two days prior. Tornados are very rare in this part of the country, but not unheard of. The topography of this area is such that the mountains drastically affect the wind and weather patterns for this area. The truly dangerous weather occurs here when the wind shifts direction and comes out of the east, off of the mountains and towards the plateau. Anyone who was watching the actual weather reports and radar for our area could tell you what the weather was actually doing. Instead, some guests (especially the ones from a particular church group) were riling up the other guests and fearmongering around the hotel as if the Mayan prophecies were true and it was the end of days. We even had one guest demanding that we pull the fire alarm to try and call the fire department out, with complete disregard for the more level headed and sane guests in the hotel, not to mention the disregard of the legal and financial consequences of registering a false alarm with the local authorities when said authorities were not needed.
I wish to strongly emphasize the following point: The guests in our hotel were never in any danger throughout that entire week as well as the following week. There was no tornado in the area, there was no hail in the area, there was little to no lightning and there was nothing more than a strong gust front from the squall line and rain. Anyone who wished to ask about the weather was informed of this. Nobody can force irrational, fearmongering people to listen to reason. I was not going to let the situation get out of hand in the lobby because a few people refused to let facts get in the way of their fear.
And now a few corrections:
1. I did not threaten to lock the main lobby door because I was “tired of how many guests were coming to the lobby”, I threatened to shut off the main lobby door because of the people wandering around the lobby and triggering it to open, and walking in and out repeatedly, causing the wind and rain to enter the lobby and also causing the doors to malfunction because of them constantly opening and closing against the high winds. At one point I did have to shut the doors off to try and reset them, and had to manually open and close the doors for people as they were entering. Notice that these people were not irrationally frightened by the storm and were able to be out and about in it.
2. Nobody was talking about expecting business to be “booming” because of damage to Branson as callously as you describe. We did mention that due to tornados in Branson, and how many of the tourists who visit here also visit Branson, we would be busier than usual this year. This was not a celebration of being busy, or rubbing our hands together like a villain in an old movie in anticipation of profits to come. It was a statement and discussion about the possibility of it being more busy this coming year than normal due to the damages suffered by Branson. We here at the Park Grove do not work on commission. We do not see any compensation for a full hotel and are not penalized for an empty hotel, therefore the idea that we would be excited at additional business due to the destruction of another popular tourist area is ridiculous.
3. None of our staff had a disregard of the safety of our guests, I regarded the fear of a destructive tornado hitting Pigeon Forge and our hotel in particular to equal to the fear of the boogey man, spaghetti monster, or similar phantom apparition. We did have and continue to have an emergency plan in place should conditions warrant it, but conditions did not warrant it. If people had been paying attention to the actual local weather reports and radar (like we were) instead of watching the sensationalistic and opportunistic media coverage of tornado destruction hundreds of miles away, then perhaps they would have been able to make more informed decisions about whether they were or were not in danger. The fact remains that they were not in danger at any time, and no matter how many times we would explain in great detail how safe they were, they preferred to insist that the sky was indeed falling. Hence, Chicken Little.
In conclusion, the reality of the situation is quite simple: If the guests were in danger, if they required protection, if we needed to use the emergency procedures, or if there was a quantifiable threat, then we would have acted in such a manner to protect them. We understand that when people go on vacation, they tend to be outside of their comfort zones and that feeling of safety and security that comes with the familiarity of home. But there’s only so much you can do to make a person feel secure in such a situation when that person absolutely refuses to listen to logic, reason and rational thinking

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stained carpet.... head hair, pubic hair and urine stains in the bed........Nasty! The only pleasantry about the establishment is the staff.... They were very understanding when we checked out early......9:30pm (after turning down the bed-covers). I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel is the best!!! Never any problems. The staff is always friendly. We stay here every time.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 88kimmy88
Reviewed 19 January 2012

we travel to the area every year in the off season and stay at the wilderness at the smokies(see my reviews) for the water park, but due to the ridiculous price we only stay the one day and then go on to a cheaper hotel for the remainder of our stay..the pigeon forge inn we stayed at last year was nice but closed for the off season this year..so we looked for another place, a quick trip advisor search and came up with the park grove inn..very good price 45 for a sat night and 35 for a sunday..room was spacious very clean, water pressure was excellent and hot...free breakfast, waffles, cereal, biscuits & gravy, fruit etc..had a 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub..way too much chlorine...but hey better safe than sorry...not an upscale hotel..but for the price range i highly recommend the park grove inn and shall stay again..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Came to Pigeon Forge to do some Christmas shopping, the hotel was in a great location close to shopping and dining. Room was nice and clean and the staff at the desk were very warm and inviting.

Room Tip: Could have slept better if the hotel lights did not shine through the patio door. Need room darkenin...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ur2sweet
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I decided to stay here after it was recommended by my neighbor and also after I had checked it out on TripAdvisor.
I was not disappointed. I found the rooms to be very clean and nice.When I made the reservations, I was told that all of the rooms had been renovated in January/February of 2011 and that everything except the carpets had been replaced. I found this to be true. The pictures on this site do not show how pretty and nice this place actually is.
The carpets could be cleaned or replaced after the busy year they have had. But I have no complaints.
It is a very nice place with a very nice staff.
Cleanliness, comfort and safety are the most important things to me when I travel. This hotel provided all of that and more. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family