“Water issues”

Ranked #31 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Knoxville, TN
“Water issues”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

General cleanliness and attractiveness overall, for the hotel was good, but the shower drain allowed the water to back up so you were standing in 5"+ of water. The shower curtain smelled when it got wet, making it obvious that it had not been rotated out in a long while. AND...there was not sufficient hot water any of the three times we tried to shower. (morning or night)
Our parents, who are picky about hotels, recommended this one. A little puzzeled why now.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fersch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

To make it short and sweet: Rooms were largest rooms ive ever seen, nice to have a balcony.Friendly staff. decent breakfast which included bisquits and gravy, cereals, bagels , fruit orange and apple juice and probably more items that I can not remember. clean. Indoor pool was nice. Beds were a little harder than i like but i did not have any problems sleeping. The bedding was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, not right on the parkway which can get noisy and a lot of traffic but just a hop away from it all. We liked this hotel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank triskit1
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My children and I stayed overnight 3/17 and within 5 minutes of checking in to our room, the toilet was backed up. I called the front desk and the guy at the front desk said, "we have a plunger you can come get." I asked if they had maintenance personnel and he said they were gone (at 3 p.m. on Saturday) and it would be a long time before he could get them there. He didn't seem willing to call maintenance. He said he couldn't move me to another room and that there was no manager on site. He said, "All I can say is we have a plunger here you are welcome to come get." The guy did come up and plunge the toilet after I told him he needed at least bring the plunger to the room. The toilet drained slow all night and I had to take my children elsewhere to use the restroom. I told the same gentleman that evening that the toilet was still messed up and he said he would come up and do something but he never showed. I made a complaint the next morning to the girl at the front desk and she said she would notify the manager. I emailed a complaint when I returned home - no response AT ALL....no one offered refund, discount, apology, anything. Totally soured my trip.

2 Thank ltoth
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We recently booked a stay with Park Grove Inn on 3/23 and possibly 3/24. We are locals who needed a place to stay during the AAU tournament - which was held directly across the street. We were instantly greeted by the owner arguing with another couple regarding a disputed rate. Nonetheless, we recieved our room keys fairly quickly and reported to our room - only to find that the bedspread, sheets, pillows, and mattress cover had been torn off of one bed. I immediately called front desk and asked to be switched. I could not hear him over the arguing going on with the customer and owner/manager. I asked if he needed to call me back - he said, he will just come up and look for himself.

We waited 15 minutes and still no-one! During that time, we found a bloodstain on the bedspread and NUMEROUS pubic-type hairs in the sheets of the other double bed. Additionally, there were bobby pins on the sink.

We immediately went downstairs with bags and reported it in front of the other customers. The owner/manager did not offer an apology or attempt to "make things right", but simply cancelled the charge.

Additionally, beware if booking with a Visa debit card, because this jerk not only authorized my card prior to me even checking in (for the first night), he authorized it again for the second night - still all before I ever arrived! Of course this tied up over $150+ of funds until it dropped off. I didn't check into the room until around 8:00-9:00 (after our game) and later found out he had ran my card at 5:30 and again at 7:15.

Do not stay here!!! If for no other reason than the fact the owner/manager is a jerk who has no respect for his customers!

6 Thank Matt W
Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We wanted a nice clean place to stay for a few days before going somewhere else,we were not disappointed. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Had the view of the Cross. As another reviewer mentioned,what a wonderful feeling, I looked out a knew the Lord was watching over us! Very nice breakfast. Indoor pool was nice,kids enjoyed it very much,only thing I'd recommend to hotel is chill out on the chlorine,lol...was a little high in the hot tub,my eyes were burning before I could even sit down..at least we know it's clean huh! Overall a very good visit and wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend to anyone. I did not see/hear a mean person in the place as others have stated,everyone I met or talked to that worked here was very nice. We are all human and have bad days...Thank-you Park Grove for being part of our wonderful vacation!

2 Thank Shel72
Crumpler, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Welcome to Tennessee visitors center showed me the coupon. It's for walk-in only.

Friendly, helpful folks at Park Grove Inn front desk. One man's sole job was to help guests with dining & show ticket/time questions. He knew all the steak houses but I stumped him when I asked for a good salad bar. Ended up walking 1/2 block behind inn to Kroger's grocery store. Very convenient.

Large room on 6th floor with mountain view & balcony with chairs. Too bad it started to rain. Room was spacious, two queen beds each w/down comforter, lots of pillows and a shoe guard throw across bottom of bed. Sizable frig and microwave so it was easy to refreeze cooler cubes for next day, keep trvl food cold overnight, plus pop popcorn to enjoy w/ free HBO movie. Fabulous shower head in bath.

Inn is privately owned and it shows. Guest laundry. Exercise room (minimal). Pool - they'll give you pool towels so you don't have to use room towels. Breakfast was rather typical - cold cereal or microwave oatmeal. Do-it-youself waffles, pastries, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, etc.

I'd stay here again if I ever find myself back on the Pigeon Forge "strip".

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RamblinJudi
Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Okay, we stayed in the family suite on February 25th. I am the pickiest person in the world and found this hotel to be just fine. We will definitely return again! When reading reviews, please be mindful of different people's interpretations and impressions. Everyone is welcomed to their own opinions. Okay..my review... the room was HUGE :-) all sheets and bed linens were stark white and immaculate :-) the bathroom was spotless :-) view from balcony was lovely :-) pool open 24 hours and very clean, as was the hot tob very spacious for several guests :-) coffee 24/7 in lobby :-) ice cream machines by front door :-) church service was available in a conference room for travelers on Sunday morning :-) we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and accomodating :-) ample parking :-) near to many attractions :-) so much room for the money -especially for my large family, 2 teens and a ten year old - plenty of elbow room!!! :-) There were only 2 things I would be concerned about - 1: breakfast buffet -it's nice, but so many people feasting over toast and cereal...I would just bring some pop tarts and milk to my room. It had a small fridge and microwave -only because I am somewhat of a germ-o-phobe! and #2 the carpet was REALLY stained - hey, the room was so spotless otherwise we just wore socks and flip flops. We figured in a family suite kids must be spilling stuff all the time. lol Still, we were very impressed and it will be the hotel we return to on our next Pigeon Forge trip.

Room Tip: Family suites are a great deal! Two large rooms with a door separating them. They share the same bat...