“Love Park Grove Inn!!”
Review of Park Grove Inn

Park Grove Inn
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been staying at the Park Grove Inn for about 10 yrs now. I have never had bad service there. Everyone on staff has always been super nice on every visit. I love that the rooms are always clean and well maintained. The inn is located close to the main parkway and minutes from everything including Dollyweood. I will definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. You have a better view of The Island's Wheel the higher up you stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sandy T
There are newer reviews for Park Grove Inn

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I thought this place was great. Rooms were clean and did not feel claustrophobic (good size). Balcony have you someplace to chill out, and pools kept kids entertained. Laundry machines made returning home less work. Also, very good Mexican restaurant located across the street. Would definitely stay here again. Only downfall was breakfast only served until 9:30 (which is pretty early when you're on vacation). Otherwise, great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a place I will stay at again. The rooms were very clean and everyone made you feel right at home. Kenneth and everyone at front desk were very helpful. The breakfast was really nice and fresh. We all enjoyed the indoor pool and the hot tub was great! Great location, thank all of the staff for making our visit great.
Mike Franklin, KY

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Or reservations were from July 6th - 11th and we stayed in room 719.

First, the good -
The room was pretty good and did ok with the white sock test.
The view from or balcony was nice too. We had requested a view of the city lights and were fortunate to have a view of the new wheel. We all loved it.

The two pools (inside and outside) are great. BOTH are heated and felt wonderful, we never wanted to get out.
Staff was usually pretty nice although there were two ladies that would benefit from smiling a little.

Now the not so good, (not horrible or really bad - just not so good for our family)
If you venture out for breakfast when you're on vacation, this will not affect you.....
OR, they do offer rooms with a kitchenette that has 2 burners that you can make your own....
Their breakfast (served until 9:30am ON THE DOT) was ok to tie you over for an early lunch. Waffles, biscuits & gravy, cereal, cold french toast you have to put in the toaster, tiny muffins, packaged grits and oatmeal. Plus your typical coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice and my kids favorite grape juice. Just wish they had offered eggs and some kind of meat to make the breakfast complete.

The other issue was the wifi was horrible in our room. Even sitting out on the balcony it did not work or was extremely slow & spotty.

We wanted to give the kids a chance to enjoy the pool a bit longer before we left and asked if they offer late check out, (normal check out time is 11am) but they did not. Wished they at least gave you until 12 noon for check out.

We would have no problems staying here again and we certainly will recommend Park Grove Inn. Next time, we will budget for going out to breakfast or staying in one of their kitchenette rooms.

Thanks to the staff for a pretty good week.

1  Thank astromom4
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic!! This is my second time here and I enjoyed it greatly :) I would first like to say that the hotel staff is wonderful and super friendly! They were so helpful with all my questions I had. They helped pick out places to eat and things that my friends and I could do.. Second, the rooms were clean as before. Everything was just like last time. FANTASTIC! I have absolutely nothing to complain about.. The wifi was working just fine for my friends and I.. The pools were both heated and clean.. There were quite a few people in them enjoying it as well.. I honestly highly recommend this hotel! You can't beat the price and the view of the rooms either.. Thank you yet again for a great stay and I look forward to coming back in september..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissNoel G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First of all I made a reservation for the Park Grove Inn hotel on July 9, 2014. Arrived on Friday July 11,2014 with my family that evening and checked in too rooms 614 and 615. Saturday July 12, 2014 was my birthday didn't know it at time that it was going to be the birthday from hell. We was all getting ready to go out and celebrate. When my granddaughter noticed that the bed was wet. I looked up at the ceiling and it was dripping water on to the bed. I called the desk clerk to report the problem to them. She stated that someone hot tub had ran over. I had to stop what I was doing and pack to move to another room. I when down to see the desk clerk to get the keys for another room which was 612. I noticed another lady down their saying the same thing about the ceiling in her room. Tell me why the manager accommodated her at 100 percent was it because she was white I'm black. Manager Jack Mehpa said that he couldn't accommodate me at all. Until a guest asked me what's going on and when I started to tell her about it that's when she said that's a major infraction. That's when he decided to take off twenty dollars off a $493.67 and by the way she was white. I didn't know that we are still living in the 1960's I guest he didn't care about my complaint it's just like slavery just suck it up your money don't matter. Also stated that they give government and military discounts and when we arrived and asked about it we were told they don't give discounts on the weekend. I'm a member of the Tennessee Sheriff's Association and Government Law Enforcement. Everyone I know will never book a room at Park Grove Inn hotel and you can count on that. This complaint will be going out to city, towns, states and countries.

4  Thank Lashundra H
pgroveinn, Manager at Park Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am Jack Mehta, Manager responding to this review. I sincerely apologize to the guests for the leakage in their room and also for the fact they had to be moved to another room. We made the necessary adjustments in their final bill to compensate for the inconvenience. However, I am shocked to read the accusation that I treated the guest differently based on her skin color/race. I myself am Asian American (non-white), therefore I understand racism better than many other people. This accusation is baseless, unfounded, and without any merit. In my association with Park Grove Inn, I am proud of the way we manage the business and more particularly, the way we interact with our guests. Occasionally we fall short on the standards we set for ourselves but to suggest that I have treated these guests differently based on their skin color/race is irresponsible at best and absurd and pathetic at worst. Needless to mention that all these baseless accusations will be defended by us at every level.

Once again, I apologize to the guests for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my family visit the area several times a year and have always been pleased with Park Grove Inn when we stay there. We even tell our friends and family to stay there when they go to the area. Not anymore!! I'm not sure what has happened there maybe new management. This weekend was unreal. My husband and I went there to relax for his birthday but relaxing did not happen. After driving four hours we got to our room and unpacked. All looked fine until I turned down the bed and found BLOOD! Yes that's right BLOOD was all over the covers. I called down stairs and was put on hold for about 15 minutes and then spoke to a lady who told me we could change rooms but it would have to be a double bed room not a king bed like we paid for. I ask her if all the king size rooms were taken and she said yes; however, when I looked on my phone it showed I could still book a king size room. The room was a bigger room which was a higher price so I'm guessing that is why we couldn't move to the room with the King size bed. It's all about the money! So I asked the lady if they could change all the bedding and clean the bed. She said they could not because housekeeping was not there. So I told her if she would get the stuff I would do it myself. A few minutes later another lady showed up at the door with one blanket. I told her we couldn't sleep in the bed until it was cleaned and all linen was change. She went back down stairs and then the other lady came back and we finally got all the linen changed. The lady did tell us she was sorry and told us that she was having to do everything herself. I asked to speak to management but she said he would not be there until the next day. The following day the management was still not there. We spent the day shopping and sight seeing and went back to park tower later that afternoon to relax in the hot tub. When we got down to the pool area another family told me the hot tub wasn't working and they were right. So my husband went to the front desk to ask about it and the man there told him that the breaker was flipping and he reported it to management. So no relaxing in the hot tub :( I could not believe that I paid $200 for this. This hotel does have Wifi but it would not stay connected but a minute or two and then would turn off. I was so disappointed that my husbands birthday ( who hardly ever gets a weekend off of work to enjoy) was all messed up. We left Park Tower early this morning to head home. We waited to leave so I could finally speak to the manager. I just wanted to make him aware of all these issues and never asked for a refund. The manager was so rude. He yelled at me and said I should have moved to the smaller room (for the same price I paid) if my bed had blood in it. I told him I had pictures and would be sending them to the health department. I then told him we stay there often and always tell family and friends to stay there to but I would not come back since he spoke to me that way. I then nicely told him that the hot tub and wifi was also not working. He said I was making that up just because I was upset about the blood in the bed. He had lots of people to stay there and they didn't need our business. He continued to keep yelling at me as I walked out the door. THANKS FOR MESSING UP MY HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY PARK GROVE INN!!! I notice another bad review on here and it was funny how the manager was talking to me sounded just like his comments he posted on another review so I'm sure he will be saying this is false information but it's not. I do have pictures of the bed if anyone would like to give me your email address I will be happy to forward them to you. I'm hoping the management there changes soon before they run this hotel in the ground.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank D S
pgroveinn, Manager at Park Grove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. The problem of dirty sheets on the bed, was caused by one of our new housekeeping staff. Our front desk staff offered to move you to another room of same size with 2 queen beds which you declined. The front desk staff then changed the bed sheets in your room to your complete satisfaction. The hot tub had some mechanical problem, which caused the breaker to trip every few hours.

We take all the negative reviews very seriously as this gives us a chance to reflect on the services we offer. We will continue to train and educate our staff and further improve on the quality of the service we offer. We once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and sincerely hope that you will give us another chance and come back and stay with us.