“51ST ANNIVERSARY TRIP”

Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Sullivan, Indiana
“51ST ANNIVERSARY TRIP”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed 4 nights here august 25 thru 28TH 2014. Rates were excellent as was the room. Beds very clean and comfortable. Very quiet no noise at all. Good view but would have been better had our room been on the back side and on the 7TH floor instead of the 5TH floor, but 1ST come 1ST serve. Staff was friendly and would have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: HIgher the better and on the back side better mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marsha G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Pretty good breakfast and close to attractions and outlet mall. Nice rooms but bad wifi on 7th floor.
Good bathrooms and pool was nice. Is also pretty updated with lots of services like laundry,arcade,2 pools,breakfast and workout room.

Room Tip: Do not get 7th floor (bad wifi)
1 Thank Kevin C
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is in a wonderful location, with restaurants and attractions within walking distance. While the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms need some updating and repair. Our door was "injured" at the bottom and would not shut properly, the duvet on the bed was fine, but the comforter was lumpy and was the only cover for the bed. Breakfast was the typical fare.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the higher floors on either the side for the best view of the Smoky Mts.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LuvsTravel273
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a fairly nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay for the most part. Two things that I took issue with (and the reason I rated this as poor and not average or better)- 1) The wifi here is TERRIBLE. It's slower than dial-up and cuts out constantly. I needed to use it for work over the time we were there and found it very frustrating that by the time a page loaded the connection would cut out. The number 2 thing was that my 3 year old had a minor accident one night and I stripped the bed before we went out the next morning so that housekeeping would change the sheets. When we came back to the room and I sat on the bed, I realized that housekeeping had simply taken the wet sheets and remade the bed. I called down to the front desk where I was put on hold while listening to the receptionist have a conversation with someone for about 3 minutes. When she came back, she told me housekeeping was at lunch, but she would send them back up. I stripped the bed again and put my daughter down for a nap in the next room (we had a 2 room suite). Housekeeping came back and after realizing I was in the second room (and had heard their entire Spanish conversation) attempted to explain to me that they couldn't change the sheets before because someone was in the shower but they had changed them now. I told them if they had time to make the bed with the same wet sheets, they could have just put new ones on instead. Once they left, I went to sit on the bed and realize, yet again, the top blanket was still the wet one. I ended up borrowing a blanket from the people we were with (as they had an extra). The breakfast was okay, but nothing to write home about. We had a nice time for the most part (with a nice view of The Wheel), but I am unsure as to whether we would stay there again. On the upside, the beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel have a a view of the parkway.
2 Thank Kellie S
Mcminnville
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was supposed to stay at hotel for 2 nights ( Aug 8 and 9). Was part of a Blue/Green vacation package purchased at Bass Pro Shop. So checked in Friday night and the gentleman checking us in was not the most friendly or amiable person to be greeting customers. Them came the room which had a peculiar odor in it. Then the toilet area was not cleaned well as it had nasal mucus (boogers) on the wall and tub side from someone previous to us. Then the free wifi was non existent Friday night and when I asked the front desk if there was something I needed to do to get it for more than seconds at a time I was told that the hotel had replaced hardware on all floors due to problems before so it had to be their provider and it would be fixed first thing in the morning.

Left the room the morning of the 9th at 10:30 and still no wifi. Came back to room at 3:30 and room had been "cleaned" at least there were new towels in the room and dirt/lint on the carpet where there had been none when we left earlier. The toilet area was still not cleaned as evidenced by the nasal mucus still on the wall. Still no wifi service.

So we packed up and left for home cutting our stay short. When my wife turned in the key cards and checked us out they were turned in to the same person who had checked us into the room. As she was leaving the lobby area she overheard the gentleman that checked us in the previous night tell the lady at the desk that we were probably leaving because I was mad about not having wifi because I had complained the night before.

Our experience was not an enjoyable one from the time we were greeted by the cad at the counter until we left. The hotel appears to be trying to be a Sheraton or Hilton but could not even be classed with the likes of Super 8 or Motel 6 without degrading them.

All around we had poor customer service, poor amenities (for the ones we used) and substandard cleanliness. Next trip we will definitely not be staying here nor will we consider it ever again.

Room Tip: If you want a good room do not stay here.
3 Thank Steven S
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I wanted to get away for a quick vacation before school started. This hotel is so close to everything in Pigeon Forge, but isn't on the main strip which is really nice (in other words, it's quiet! ).

The staff is extremely helpful and kind, and the room was clean. While there aren't coffeemakers in the regular rooms, they have coffee in the lobby at all times.

They also have a game room which my son loved.

Well worth it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie S
Alexander City, Alabama
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We loved our stay at the Park Grove Inn! It is just one street off the main drag and easily accessible. The rooms were very clean, as was the entire Inn. The Inn offered a nice continental breakfast and WiFi. We definitely will be staying again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple