“Great for the money”

Americana Inn & Suites
Ranked #87 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 5 November 2013

57.00, last minute room as I confused our cabin rental and we showed a day early. Our room was perfectly clean, nothing fancy. Fridge, microwave, small table and two chairs, hot water, good water pressure. Average breakfast, for no extra charge we appreciated it, biscuits and gravy, belgian waffles, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee etc. Staff was friendly and efficient.

They accept pets for a small nightly fee.

Wouldn't stay for my whole visit in Gatlinburg because no patio/balcony etc. But for a night or two it was an excellent value. Oh, almost forgot, the mattress was AWESOME.

1  Thank Dawn M
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with Americana Inn & Suites. It is always nice to have our guests take a minute to tell us about their great stay in our establishment. Thank you, again for your patronage. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

we drove from west virginia and when we tried to check in, they said rooms werent clean it. It was 9pm!!!! The area was busy and all hotels were booked so we had no choice but to wait. We finally checked in at 1130! I've worked in the hotel industry before and how this could happen is beyond me. then we get to the room and everything is old and dingy, blankets were gross and i covered them with a sheet so it wouldnt touch me.

there was a group of about 15 ppl waiting to check in and they had no clean rooms for us. people who had driven all day and had nowhere to stay. worst experience ive ever had at a hotel and i travel a lot. we didnt even use the shower because i was afraid of what we'd catch

Room Tip: dont stay here. your car is a better option
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer P

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize regarding the long wait to check in, the crowd in town, and the less than acceptable appearance of your room. We had 3rd party overbooking for that night, which caused an extensive delay in checking guests in. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests in the upcoming future. We hope to see you again soon! Kind Regards, Sheila

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I see alot of bad reviews here and fortunately we did not have any issues...We originally booked at the Royal Inn and that place was an absolute Royal dump...We left the Royal Inn and came here to the Americana, the front desk clerk was very nice she gave us room keys and allowed us to inspect the two rooms prior to us staying. Both rooms were side by side, right by the pool, clean, no foul smells, fairly comfortable beds, and really clean.. Compared to the Royal dump Inn we had just left this place was like a 5 star resort lol....Anyway our expectations were all met, we had a limited budget, needed two rooms, and last minute reservations...Location is good the pool was actually really nice, it was very clean, we stayed in October so it was kind of cold but was very refreshing, I was the only crazy person swimming so had the pool to myself :) Overall was happy with our stay here and I would recomend maybe doing what we done, we inspected our room before we even committed to staying in it we appreciated that and we were not disappointed.....The Royal Inn is so nasty and dirty this place (Americana) is not the Hilton but for the same $$ that we spent at the Royal Inn the Americana is 100% better than the Royal dump Inn

Room Tip: Ask to view the room prior to renting it, that way you can address any issues before staying
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ted K

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very happy that you found our hotel to be a surprisingly good experience, and we appreciate your great feedback. Our property has many great qualities, and it truly means a lot coming from your point of view. Thank you again for taking time to review Americana Inn & Suites!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

All the reviews above are absolutely true.Its unfortunate i did not check trip advisor review before booking.
The rooms stink like hell.When complained, got an asnwer that "room service would be there in 5 mins with a room spray" >but never turned up.
Untidy rooms.
Stinking pillows and bed sheets.
Unreachable wifi network eventhough i just stayed in ground floor jsut 2 rooms away from the front desk. - When asked at front desk.Lady says " something must be wrong with your ipad".
Rude Front desk.
Breakfast - You better fast the whole day.
Overall very bad experience.It just spoilt our entire trip.

Room Tip: Anything except this hotel.
2  Thank yaj123
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I certainly do apologize for that happening to you, and for you bringing this to our attention. Front Desk staff should be better trained on WIFI connectivity with Apple and Android devices. Currently staff is trained on Window's devices only as it can be kind of tricky with Apple Devices as before showing connected there are special steps that need to be taken. As far as odor in room once again I sincerely apologize for that and even more so as I would never put a guest in a room I would not sleep in myself. If the odor was an issue we would have been more then happy to accommodate you and have moved you to another room. Allowing us to put that room off market for deep cleaning and allowing you folks to have a peaceful nights sleep.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We only stayed here because another hotel/motel/dump canceled our reservation and we were scrambling to find a place. No working electricity on the bed-side of the room, no towels when we got there. We asked for towels, but had to get our own off of the housekeeping cart. Just before midnight, housekeeping came banging on the door to bring them, I assume. Also, the shower was only ice cold or nuclear hot...nothing in-between.

We're glad we had a bed for the weekend, given how packed the area was, but $110 for this room was about $109.95 too much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that happened to you during your stay, and we certainly do value your business. Sometimes things happen which are beyond the control of management hence fourth the lighting going out on the back side outlets. That day our key machine had also gone out, we replaced the hot water heater so that all of our guests would be able to enjoy hot water during their stay with us. Yes, it was a very stressful day for all and affected many departments within the property including housekeeping which had the duty of washing all linen and towels. Once brought to our attention we had given guests the opportunity to switch rooms that were effected by the power surge, and would have been more then happy to move you to another room.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Recently while on furlough due to the Government shut down I decided to take my lemons and make lemonade. I loaded up the kids and wife and we took our first trip to Dollywood for a fun 5 day trip. On the way up my wife booked our hotel stay at this establishment through an online booking company. We based our choice on cost ($70 a night) and proximity to Dollywood. We left on a Friday afternoon and arrived around 10 PM that night. When I walked into the lobby I was greeted by a group of people making complaints that toilets were backing up, and key cards not working. From that moment on I immediately had a sinking feeling in my stomach that we might have made a bad choice. I should of read the reviews already on this place before booking. I read through all of them after we left and discovered a lot of the things other people complained about as far back as June 2013 were still happening on my trip in October 2013.

From the moment I arrived I was not warmly greeted. It was obvious that the front desk staff had no interest in doing that. I announced who I was and was told that there weren't any keys to give to me because the machine was not working, and that there wouldn't be any keys for an hour. Someone went up to our room and unlocked/left it wide open for us. I went to the room and checked to make sure that at least the toilet flushed and then came back down stairs. We made our way back to the car to go park and couldn't find a single place to park in the darkly lit lot. I had to park in lot next door to our hotel. We hauled our stuff up to the room and then decided to go out and eat. Around 2 AM we returned to the hotel and the front desk person told me they still didn't have any keys. This was 3 hours after I was told only an hour wait for keys. The man told me that he would come up with a key to let us in, so at 2 in the morning me and the wife and kids go up to our room to stand and wait outside. After about 20 minutes the man from the front desk never came up. I walked back down to find out what was going on.

The front desk man tells me that he still doesn't have a key for us and his solution is going to be to put us in another room. I informed him that we had all of our belongings in that locked room, which included insulin. He then told me that he was going to have to remove a panel that is used to hold the air conditioner unit in place and have one of my two kids crawl through the opening to get the door open. I was extremely furious but held my cool and agreed so we could get in the room. I told my wife and kids to stay in the lobby while I went up to help the front desk person. After several minutes he was able to remove the panel and thankfully reached in and unlocked the door. He did make an effort to help up at that time and I am thankful, but these kind of things should not be happening repeatedly according to other reviews it seems routine.

The next morning I went down stairs to get key cards and the lady at the front desk rudely told me they didn't have any for me. As I was about to walk away another person told her something and then the lady went ahead and made me a set anyhow. I went to the breakfast area and even though it was almost 10 AM they had nothing out at all. I went back to my room and checked both cards and they worked. So we all left to get breakfast at a restaurant and then on to our activities. Later on that evening we returned and went back to our room only to find out that the key cards wouldn't work. By this point I was getting frustrated. I went back to the front desk to have the cards set again and was questioned by the man if I had them in my wallet???? Where else would I put them? I had one in my wallet and the other one was in my wife's purse. Neither of them ever came in contact with magnets. When I returned to the door where my family was waiting they pointed out no less than 5 gold brownish spiders on the wall around our door. I was able to open the door this time. We walked in and to our surprise the room which was unoccupied all day and most of the night had not even been cleaned. Our beds were unmade and all of the towels we used from the night before were still pilled up on the bathroom floor. I called the front desk and told them we needed towels. The man said he would have some sent up. We waited and waited, and waited, and waited some more. My kids needed to take showers, My wife and I needed to take showers, we had been walking around all day long. I went to the front desk and the man there told me he was having some sent up. The lady there didn't ever may eye contact with me, never acknowledged my presence at all. I waited in the lobby and still no towels. I went back up to the bedroom and my wife was pissed off by this point and she left the room, and found a housekeeping cart and brought some towels back herself. If you plan on staying here BRING YOUR OWN LINEN AND TOWELS, AND TOILETRIES because you're certainly not going to get it from house keeping, and the front desk just doesn't give a damn about you or the money you spend on their dump. Saturday morning we were woken to a large group of college-aged students in the parking lot chanting and yelling in unison. As if some pep rally was going on. We complained to the front desk but they didn't care. Their response was more or less 'so what?' They just do not care!

Saturday night I booked another hotel for Sunday. Sunday morning I went down to the lobby to check out about 8 AM and even though there was several people in the breakfast area I hardly saw anything to eat. There was a single waffle maker but didn't see any batter, there were 2 cereal dispensers and 2 biscuits and 6 or 7 small muffins. As I was walking out I noticed that a set of glass doors leading to the outside that had a decal on it stating "DOORS REMAIN OPEN DURING BUSINESS HOURS" but the door was LOCKED! This is a serious fire hazard, if something had happened in the lobby, no one would have an exit to use.

The beds in our room were very uncomfortable, I could feel every spring in them, the pillow they provided had no support and were very flat, I had to take clothing from my bag and place it under the pillow just to get my head in a comfortable position. My wife suffered back pains due to the 2 nights sleeping on these beds.

I never had an experience like this at any place I've ever stayed. In fact this stay is what prompted me to create an account and post this review. It's apparent they won't offer a refund, their staff takes no pride, their management has no leadership skills, or ability to properly staff this place. The owners should sell it off and turn it into another amusement ride or parking lot, because it fails horribly as a hotel.

I noticed that the Hotel Front Desk Manager likes to rebuttal several of these reviews, some with pretty pathetic excuses like it was a busy weekend etc. They keep saying they're fixing this and that but here it is 3 or 4 months later and the same issues exist. CUSTOMER BEWARE! SAVE YOURSELF MONEY AND GRIEF. GO ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: Rooms on one side has a loud go-kart racing track.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingnexus

I can certainly understand your frustration, and yes, you had caught us at our worst which is unexcusable. That day as stated on a previous case our key machine had gone down and some of our fail safe keys were not functioning the way they were supposed to. Yes there were guest upset about sinks and bath tubs not draining but no issues with toilets. That had happened due to new hot water heater being installed and water was turned off to the property earlier during the day. Even though the rooms were cleaned and ready to go in the system after the hot water heater was connected and water turned back on these rooms should have been checked and I apologize you had to witness the aftermath of that. Further more it normally takes 15-20 minutes to reprogram the key machine however we were unable to get it back up and running the night in question, which I can certainly understand how frustrating that was for you, as well as myself as I was the one who opened your door for you. that now being said, Believe me when I tell you I am terribly sorry for the events that happened to you during your stay, Our main goal between all departments is to provide a pleasant atmosphere for all of our guests. With key machine down, and other situations which had occurred was a very stressful night for all involved, and we failed miserably. However, I did offer to move you to another room, After you informed me of the need for your insulin I certainly understood that and got you back into your room. I still offered to switch rooms and you advised you wanted to stay in the current room if you were able to get keys in the morning. As I advised you you would be able to as soon as the machine was back up and running or we would move you, and you had stated that was acceptable. As far as the breakfast on a night when we are over 90% occupancy breakfast is first come first serve and is constantly restocked during the hours of 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

All of the negative reviews you see on here are absolutely true! This place is a disgusting dump! The front desk staff is very unprofessional and rude and they will lie to you. I have never been treated with such disrespect in any hotel ever. The room was repulsive with dead bugs everywhere and mold growing the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Atrixx
PAS1234, Front Office Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your review, and we certainly do apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Dead bugs all over your room? Thank you for discrediting other user posts which claims the rooms are bug infested which shows our exterminators do their job as they are on property twice per month. However we also have a very good housekeeping staff that ensures are rooms are up to par before we rent them. If this event was brought to our attention it would have been handled in the most professional of manners as we do care about our guests and would not ever put a guest in a room that we would not sleep in ourselves. Our staff has been called a lot of things by guests but rude and dishonest has not been one of them. We work diligently to ensure guest satisfaction, resolving guest issues before they become an issue. Unfortunately sometimes we can not please all the people all the time.