“Over charged”

Ranked #87 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Claremont, North Carolina, United States
“Over charged”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Over the 4th my grandparents went to Americana inn were they have stayed several times, this time was different they held room with visa and payed cash when they got there then the hotel also charged their card and will not refund any of the money they have cameras but said the don't work good word for thief's. Also over fourth could not use pool for several days because it was green, and rooms was not cleaned daily as they should have been. This also happened to other couple that was there at same time. I think this would be a good place to close down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rebecca H
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Americana Inn & Suites on your most recent visit to the area. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and we apologize this was not the case with your stay. What you experienced from our staff is unacceptable, and the appropriate departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed. We also apologize In regards to your issues with the pool, and our service engineer has corrected the problem as well.

Again we are sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We do hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family again. Please contact the hotel directly and mention TripAdvisor, we will give you a special discount, should you decide to stay with us again.

Sheila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I cannot believe my friends chose this junk hole again. It is old, out of date, maybe from the 60's or 70's. Don't think it has ever been properly cleaned. Should be sanitized. I cringe when getting in the tub. This year, I will be taking my own personal bleach/clorox cleanup! or no bath for me. Probably take clean towels and toilet paper. Homeless people probably wouldn't mind, guess it's a little bit better than sleeping on the ground! Dread it!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel/motel. This one more suited for farm/domestic animals! A. Hatley Concord, NC
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank ahhatley
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thanks for your review from your recent stay. I am very sorry for the experience you encountered. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price and it is apparent we failed. I would like to review these matters directly to insure no one else has this type of experience.

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here on 08/02/14-very disappointed, disgusted, room smelled terrible, beds looked like someone slept in it, dirty mens underwear behind door in bathroom, mgr. rude, 2 damp towels, walkways cluttered w/bikes and chairs and beer bottles, cigarette butts all over walkways, door wouldn't lock, got shocked turning on bathroom light and sparks flew and set off smoke alarm. We had 2 rooms and my dad went to open door to his room and some guy came yelling that it was his room. They have people living in this hotel that work at the go cart tracks and other attractions, so this guy has been there for awhile and mgr. rented room to my dad. I called front desk to complain about the underwear and mgr. put me on hold for 15 min., never got back on phone so I went to lobby and asked her why and she just avoided the question. She tried telling my she had a line of customers to take care of and I told her that I have been on hold and now I just waited my turn in line and she can take care of me now! We wanted to take showers after driving all day and had no towels (had to use our own beach towels) because they weren't going to be available for a couple hours. Stains on wall, garbage piled up on the side of hotel. There was no way we were eating their continental breakfast! Went and bought sheets to sleep on. We paid $85 with AARP Expedia discount and when people were checking in they were charging $109 for a room, they should be paying us to stay in this hell hole! I can go on and on! MGR was not professional and she was not trying to make any of this better...TOTAL DIVE!

Room Tip: Save your money and sleep in your car before staying here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Tqmurph
PAS1234, Guest Relations Manager at Americana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback. We do make an effort to offer our guests exceptional service, however we do sometimes fall short. Therefore we do our best to serve our guests a varied and tasteful breakfast, together with the will to keep up the high quality of our food. Regarding the smell when entering the room, we are very sorry. We are a non smoking facility now. Unfortunately, some guest do smoke in these rooms even if it is not allowed. This fact could cause the smell. We truly apologize for your bother. We also apologize for your front desk issues, and we have discussed this with our responsible employees. And we also understand you had housekeeping issues at our facility, and hope that if you choose to return to the property in the future, things will be improved greatly.
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2014

went over weekend for family getaway. floors were so diry if you walked across them in bare feet your feet would be black. went to front desk to get more towels and front desk clerk didn't even look up when she asked what we needed. ran out of toilet tissue and had to go to front desk for more. had a family in our room and when we asked for fresh towels for the next day, front desk clerk said they were out. spouse didn't even get to shower when we left for day because we had only 1 towel between 3 people. didn't even have a washcloth. pool was nasty and hot tub was not working and looked like it hadn't been working for a long time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank apityshan
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! I sincerely apologize for your troubles involving the linens in your room. I also apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience with the front desk personnel. We are very grateful and take every criticism seriously. If you choose to return, we can offer you a special tripadvisor discount, just mention when you give us a call or stop by the area.
Bluff City, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Americana Augusl 1, 2014. All other motels were full because of parents taking kids on vacation before going back to school. The desk clerk was friendly although we couldnt understand what she was saying. The room smelledreally bad.The air conditioner didnt work. We had it on as cold as it would go and it still wouldnt cool the room. I put some soft drinks in the refrigerator and it didnt even keep them cold. The room was very dirty! We didnt even have a tv controller but the worse part of the stay was when a big rat ran across the floor! The next night we stayed at the Royal Inn.The room was cheaper and it was a lot cleaner and the air conditioner and refrigerator worked.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this motel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judy C
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review of the Americana Inn & Suites even though it's not a pleasant one. We do appreciate all feedback, and will use this to make all corrections necessary to improve our property. Unfortunately you didn't find our pool area up to your standards. We sincerely apologize, and when you make a return visit to the area, we hope you would re- consider staying with us again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My girlfriend and I were scared to spend the night here. Walked in room and realized this is a mistake. Atmosphere terrible in and out of room. Motel needs to be leveled and rebuilt with new management. We checked out to never return. At least I got my money back I think. We will see on my card....To anyone Don't Stay Here!!!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank mtmcmurry
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback and informing us of the issues you encountered with cleanliness in your room. Please accept our sincere apology for the deficiencies in your guestroom. Certainly a clean and properly equipped room are a standard expectation of our guests. We are sorry your experience has been otherwise. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping so that corrective action can be taken to ensure future guests do not experience the same difficulties you encountered. Your comments are very helpful to us and we appreciate you taking the time to inform us within your feedback.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

There were Holes in walls, doors ect. Toilets didn't flush. Weeds growing around pool out of the cracks of cement The airCondition wasn't cold. They didn't have procedures in case of a tornado. I wasn't staying on the 4th floor. We ended up in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lisalynne5
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at The Americana Inn & Suites on your most recent visit to the area. Please know that we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and we apologize this was not the case with your stay. What you experienced from our staff is unacceptable, and the appropriate departments have been notified and the issues have been addressed. We also apologize In regards to your issues with your toilet, and our service engineer has corrected the problem as well.