Music Road Resort Inn
Park Tower Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$80
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$114
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$80
EconoLodge
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$125
US$205
US$178
Hampton.com
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$104
ClarionHotels
US$329
US$304
Twin Mountain Inn & Suites(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$111
The Inn at Christmas Place(Pigeon Forge)
US$274
US$205
All reviewslazy riverdouble sinksindoor poolconvention centerhoneymoon suitebagelsbiscuitslarge bathroomvery nice hotelhot tubgreat place to stayvery pleased with our staycontinental breakfastparking lotthe entire staffthe room was nicestaff was very friendly
Reviewed 10 December 2008

our family of 4 (which included a 5 yr. old and 17 mos. old) stayed in fall 2008 at music road inn & loved it!!! our room was nice and clean, except for the baseboards, which were filthy dirty and even yellowed. yuck!!! the staff was very nice to us and our 2 children. if an employee was boarding the elevator, he/she always held the door and waited for guests. we all had colds while staying there and ran out of tissues at 10pm one night. we called the front desk and someone actually brought them to us. the pool was small, but when we visited it there was only 1 other family using it. so it was fine for us. the best part about the stay wass the 24 hour coffee in the lobby and the breakfast buffet each morning. it included: cereals, oatmeal, donuts, biscuits & gravy, jelly, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, hot cocoa, milk, etc. breakfast was served in a "breakfast room" which included a highchair. (very nice!) check in and out went very smooth. took 10 minutes probably. we will return and do recommend staying there.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I love this hotel. This was our second time staying here. We had a King room with jacuzzi and fireplace. Our room was overlooking the pool. The rooms are larger than a normal hotel room, everything is very clean and neat. The pool areas look great even though we have never used them. The lobby is nice with a large fireplace. People are usually sitting around talking. Front desk staff have been super to us. I would definately stay here again. We live close and go to the area often.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FrankieHawn
Reviewed 2 November 2008

Saturday night we made a 3 hour trip to Pigeon Forge for a quick one night getaway. We did not get a room until 7:30 or 8:00pm after touring the city all day. We went to The Christmas Inn first and they were full so they recommended Music Road Inn.

Check in went fine, nice lady checked us in, nice lobby, very clean. The room was also very clean. The room had a large bathroom and also a large hot tub by the bed. It was not overly fancy, but all very clean and nice.

We went to dinner and then came back and went to bed, only to discover that we had a very loud broken spring in the bed. Every time we moved, it squeaked. We decided to let it go because we were worn out from the day. As we laid there trying to sleep, the phone rang. It was the front desk telling us that we forgot to sign our registration form! My husband asked if he could deal with it in the morning and she said that was fine.

Here's the problem….an older lady checked us out. She asked my husband if there were any problems. He replied that the spring in the bed was broken. She informed him that was strange because no one had every complained about it before. He told her that it was definitely broken and squeaked every time we moved. Then, I told her that I didn't appreciate being phoned after we were already in the bed about a registration form! She said that the form was important and she was sure that the person that called us thought we were still up!

We went back and forth a little and the bottom line is that she didn't believe a word we were saying. She apparently thought we were trying to get some of our money back. WE WEREN'T! She asked if everything was ok and we were just answering her. We are very honest people, to a fault. We don't lie. We work hard for our money and we are certainly smart enough to know that a spring was broken and that we were inappropriately called by their front desk after we were already in the bed!

We left mad and that put a huge damper on the trip. We will not go back.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lovetotravel89
aprilnicolerose, General Manager at Music Road Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

I’m disappointed for this person; I wish I knew who she was speaking of. Our employees are trained at Music Road Hospitality to “fix” guest problems. We have everything necessary to fix these issues. Had we known that night, our engineering staff would have brought another mattress to this couple. As far as this employee, she should have apologized for the disturbance and offered to move the guest. Let me apologize on this employee’s behalf.

Reviewed 29 October 2008

If you like having your debit or credit card account violated, then this is the place for you! It has been about 9 years since our last trip to the Smoky Mountains area. Given that we knew the area had most likely changed, we relied on internet sites such as Trip Advisor to find a good hotel. The Music Road Inn had received excellent reviews, was fairly new in comparison to other hotels, and was not overly expensive (we were quoted $149/night).

We made our reservations directly with the hotel about a week before our 10/17 arrival. We used my wife's Visa check card to hold the room and were advised that if we canceled within 72 hours of arrival that we would be billed for one night's stay. The reservation agent also mentioned that we could use whatever form of payment that we wanted to use (i.e. - cash, another check card or credit card) once we got there. No problem at all, I thought. I asked for the total amount of the stay, including all appropriate taxes, etc. and was quoted $333.02 for the two night stay.

I called the hotel at around 1pm CDT on the day that we were scheduled to arrive to inform them that we were on our way and should be there about 9 pm local time. The clerk that I spoke with said that this would not be an issue, but if we did not arrive by 11pm that we would be charged for the room. Again, no problem. We arrived at the Inn on Friday, 10/17, at 9:24 pm EDT, checked in, and went about our weekend vacation.

Checkout is 11:00 am, and we checked out at 8:24 am on Sunday, 10/19. Our 'plan' was to play around in Pigeon Forge for the rest of the day before heading back home. This is where the frustration kicks in.

We have been fortunate that we do not rely on credit cards. We use our Visa check cards and the money comes straight out of our checking accounts. We were on our way to take in some of the attractions that our daughter would like (panning for gems, arcades, etc.) and I attempted to get cash from an ATM and was denied. Finding this odd, I called our bank's automated account line and was shocked to hear that our available balance was $5.00! My first thought was that someone had stolen our identity and wiped out our account. In checking the pending transactions via the automated line, I found out that the Music Road Inn had put FIVE pending transactions of $166.51 EACH on my account. Three transactions were placed on 10/17(check-in date) and two on 10/19 (check-out date). So, essentially, I had $832.55 tied up without access to it. I should have only had the $333.02 for the two nights stay charged.

I don't typically keep a lot of cash on me and was reliant on my check card for the trip. Luckily, I was able to scrape enough cash together to get enough gas for the 4.5 hour trip home. Needless to say, it was an extremely stressful return trip.

Immediately upon arriving at home, I checked my account online and called the Music Road Inn to find out what was going on. I explained what had happened to the clerk on duty and was then told that a manager would call me. I did receive a call from the desk manager on duty, but he was not able to view how the transactions were done. He did say that because we arrived at the Inn after 6pm on 10/17, they placed a pending transaction for one nights stay. This was NEVER disclosed to me during my conversations with their personnel. When I kept asking why there were THREE pending transactions at check in, he could not answer and said that his manager would call me on 10/20. We vacation quite frequently and have NEVER had this problem before. Granted, on larger vacations, I keep enough emergency cash on me --- just in case. But, for a simple weekend getaway, I did not.

I wanted to share this experience with others as a heads-up. If I had been advised that the Music Road Inn will be placing a hold on my debit card equal to FIVE NIGHTS accommodations for a two night stay, I would have made other arrangements. The management at this hotel needs to disclose their billing policies as part of the reservation process.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Kadiem

This customer is correct, the policy is to authorize the credit and or debit card at 6pm from the guaranteed form of payment the guest gives to us. We have since added verbiage to ensure other guests are aware of this policy.

Reviewed 25 October 2008

My best friend and I stayed at the Music Road Inn after a long day at Dollywood before venturing into the Smokies the following. While researching the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, I was quite disheartened by the unbelievable tacky gaudiness of the lodging in the area. None seemed to take advantage of the natural setting that is the locale's primary draw. Unless one was staying for an extended period, in which case one may rent a B&B or lodge (2+ days requirement), all of the lodging options appeared to be at either one end of the spectrum or the other. Either the "hotels" were pitiful shambles at which I would be fearful to touch anything at all, or they were gauche attempts at class, which came across as cheesy and tasteless.
After going back and forth between my friend and I, we finally settled on the Music Road Inn, with hopes for the best and knowing we would only be there one night.
Our fears were completely unfounded.
Once we finally reached the hotel (which is a completely new discourse on the Pigeon Forge Parkway - aptly named, as one's automobile pretty much does not move once on it), we were happily thankful the hotel sat a bit off the main strip thereby affording guests a bit of quiet. The reception staff were cheery despite the late hour and went out of their way to confer information about the hotel’s amenities and the local immediate area. We went straight to our room noting aloud the cleanliness of the lobbies, hallways and elevators. The room was an even better surprise, inviting and sparkling clean. As we were only staying one night, we only reserved a king room rather than a full suite. The restroom had a separate area for the shower and toilet from the his/her vanity and linen closet. The room had a small generic wingback chair and a small armoire, which also housed the room's television. Farther along the room was the ubiquitous breakfast table across from which was a plain loveseat and coffee table. Next to the balcony was an electric (?) fireplace, which offered my friend and me a bit of respite after coping all day with the Dollywood clientele. The private balcony complete with small table and chairs was a lovely addition, although it was too dark to enjoy the view (note: every single room in the entire hotel has its own private balcony).
I must mention the in-room hot tub, which my friend and I found absolutely hysterical. We found it insanely humourous that one could hop out of the hot tub, take (literally) one step and hop into bed. We could not quite figure this out as the hotel sported an indoor pool, an outdoor pool with a small waterslide and a hot tub set up as a lazy river (none of which were being used while we were there although lights were on and water was running in the pool's fountain).
Taking from the hotel's name, the majority of the artwork was music themed.
The following morning, after checking out at 6am (another pleasant experience thanks to the generous and peppy reception staff) we enjoyed the breakfast room and the free continental breakfast before heading out to the GSMNP.
Unfortunately, only staying one night, we were unable to gain a full experience of the hotel to convey on this forum. However, though our stay was short, overall, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel in an otherwise vulgar locale. Should we ever experience the misfortune of having to travel through Pigeon Forge again, I will immediately book my room here. I truly recommend the Music Road Inn with enthusiasm.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends