“Great Place to Stay in Pigeon Forge”

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The Pigeon Forge Hampton, on Teaster, is an excellent place to stay while visiting the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, and the staff rocks! We will definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Kathy R
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Pigen Forge. I am very happy to hear that you had a great vacation with us! Dont wait too long to make your next reservations with us! :) See you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Excellent stay! Billie, the manager, checked us in and helped us out in many ways to find the perfect room. Upon arriving at our room, everything was really nice. The room was clean and very modern. We settled in and decided to take a look around. We especially liked the outdoor area. There was a nice sized pool, a children's area, and a whirlpool. There was also an outdoor fireplace with rocking chairs and tables. Overall, the facility was wonderful.

1  Thank Denise T

Thank you Denise T for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge! I am flattered that you mentioned me in your review. I try to treat every guest I meet with the utmost respect and appreciation. I love doing what I do and meeting nice folk such as yourselves. Thank you again. Make sure to call me when you decide to stay with us again! :)

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Make sure you stay at the Hampton on Teaster Lane. We planned a day at Dollywood and was only 4 miles away. The hotel was very nice and very clean. I believe the lady at the front said it will be a year old next week. I hope they continue to keep it so nice, neat, and clean. The lady at the front desk was super sweet and took care of all my questions and needs. (she worked the night I checked in June 7th, sorry I dont know her name) The property was so nice on the outside as well, very relaxing with the covered porch, chairs, and ceiling fans. The pool area was very nice also, the kids would love it. Breakfeast was definietly good also. I will say the only thing that may be a negative is that there is no closet or drawers for your clothes or whatever. The two nightstands had 2 tiny drawers and maybe one more. It was fine for me, but some people may not like this part. I stayed in a King/Suite with jacuzzi tub, I loved it! It also had of course a nice t.v , microwave and a Fire Place... so nice!! Enjoy your stay , I will for sure stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 527 on the top floor. My view was looking out toward the mountains and I could also...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this great review! Our KIng Fireplace/Jacuzzi Suites are perfect for couples who are celebrating their honeymoons or anniversaries such as you did. I noticed in you comments that you would have liked a closet or a dresser, there is a closet in every room. The floor length mirror next to the bathroom door is actually the door to the closet. Next time you visit you will know where to hang your clothes! :) Thank you again, see you next anniversary! :)

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here June 6th to June 8th. First off let me say we love staying at about any Hampton Inn and typically i do not post on here about good experiences. i normally use Trip Advisor to complain, but this stay was so good I had to post a great review. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn on the Parkway and in Gatlinburg in the past and was not pleased at all, definitely not 100% satisfied, but considering we are typically very loyal to Hampton Inn (sometimes we use Marriott properties) we thought we would give this one a try. We are so glad we did. First off the staff was great. They were courteous and kind while also being very professional. We witnessed something special when we first arrived. When approached by some firefighters about the possibility of a lower rate the staff went the extra mile to accommodate. It was great to see the staff recognize these true heroes. The rate we were offered was also very fair considering we had not made reservations. Again, great staff. Upon entering at this Hampton Inn they offer fresh fruit versus cookies which I found a much healthier choice. I also love the location of this property. It is off the parkway a bit on the main backroad of Pigeon Forge. It is close enough to walk about anywhere in Pigeon Forge yet far enough off the main drag that it avoids the noise of the traffic from the main drag.

When we arrived at the room which was a two queen bed room we were pleased to find it was very clean and was well maintained. This property is fairly new and is in great shape. This property has great workout facilities with what appeared to be new or fairly new equipment. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub, and an outdoor fire place to relax. There is also an indoor fireplace after entering the lobby offering another great space to relax while watching a big screen. Another big winner for me was the Internet access. Not only was it available, unlike the Gatlinburg and Parkway properties, it was smoking fast. I was actually able to stream movies from Comcast on my iPad. I could also VPN into work without issue, so I can do business while I am at this property. Also, they use Charter for TV access (HD with a big TV) and had basically all the stations that I watch at home along with all sorts of HBO channels.

Let's not forget the cleaning staff and the breakfast. First the cleaning staff. The cleaning staff was great and do a great job. When we stay we usually do not have the staff clean our room and chose to clean ourselves. We often have a great deal of expensive equipment with us so we would rather keep people out of our room. During this stay the cleaning staff was cleaning bright and early, unlike some of the other Hampton Inn properties. We were able to give them our trash and used towels and get new towels and other items. We let them come in our room and deliver towels, toiletries, etc. They were also very kind, courteous, and respectful of our wishes, unlike our last stay in Gatlinburg where the cleaning staff actually came in our room without notifying us. When we complained the manager on duty actually asked us if they had walked in on us doing something. Unbelievable! What difference does it make. They walked in while we were there without knocking or asking if anyone was there while there was a do not disturb on the door. You won't experience that problem here. Those other properties are in no way like this site. This Hampton Inn is great!

Last but not least, the breakfast. It was awesome. All of the hot food was hot and to temperature, all of the cold food was cold and properly stored. This was not the case for us at the Parkway property, and especially at the Gatlinburg property where we were concerned about the possibility of contracting food poisoning due to food temperature issues. No problems at this property of that nature at all. They are also very clean. They had boiled eggs, omelette, biscuits, fresh fruit, yogurt, and the amazing waffles Hampton Inn is known for. The only thing they didn't have that was a bit disappointing was gravy, but everything else was so good we didn't mind. One other really neat thing they were doing was breakfast bags for those patrons needing a breakfast for on the go. It had water, a muffin, fruit, etc. It was a great little meal for someone on the go. A great idea in my opinion.

Overall I think this is one of the best (if not the best) Hampton Inns we have stayed in. I know I am forgetting to mention many more great things about this property. If you are planning a trip to the smokies I highly recommend booking here. I can't wait to try a king room, then maybe a suite. Thank you for such a great stay. I hope this property continues to maintain this kind of great quality service. One other thing, as we checked out the manager on duty gave me her business card and said to feel free to contact her about our next stay. That is personal service you just don't see anymore and it was refreshing to see that. Great job and thank you!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe P

WOWIE! Thank you so much Joe P for writing this great Tripadvisor review! It is very rewarding to read such outstanding posts! I am happy to hear that you had a great time with us! Don't be a stranger now! See you soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

My family booked a last minute stay at this Hampton & a manager was working front desk at check in. She was very kind & helpful. This hotel is exceptional on cleanliness. It smells fantastic....like new construction as if it is still brand new! The hotel remains in prestine condition since it is a newer hotel.

The pool area is great. The whirlpool/ hot tub is very large. The pools outside & inside are heated. There is a kiddie pool outside as well with fun water features in it. I don't have a need to utilize but both pools are handicap accessible with nice electronic chairs that drop into the water. The pool & hot tub outside are lit with accent lighting that makes the water change colors frim blue to green to pink etc. It is very pretty & creates a nice ambiance. The music that plays over speakers at the pool area is excellent such as Michael Buble or other relaxing artists. Plenty of seating. ..both covered and otherwise outside at the pool. There are various seating areas all around the property. Some are rockers around an outdoor fireplace while others are rockers/chairs under covers porch. The landscaping on the property is super. My family really enjoyed the pool area. The excercise roon is also great! This hotel exceeds standards in all areas. It is clean, comfortable, staff is friendly, & the recreation on grounds is fabulous! I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank boss1977
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you Boss1977! I am so happy to hear that you had a great vacation with the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge! Your happiness determines our success! We are celebrating our 1 Year anniversary TODAY! Hope your family decides to spend your next vacation with us as well! :)

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn. This is a new hotel one block off of the main parkway, which is really nice. We faced the back of the property so it was very quiet.

Lacey checked us in and she was very friendly, helpful, professional and knowledgeable, and if she didn't know something she would find out. She is definitely an asset to this company.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you grandmalovestravling for posting a positive Tripadvisor review! Lacey is a fantastic team member, we are happy to have her as part of our Hampton family. I will be sure to let her know that you appreciated her help! Thanks again! Hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Staff was extremely helpful. They were able to recommend restaurants and give directions. There was a fridge in our room and we brought back leftovers. I forgot to get silverware from the restaurant and the Hampton Staff provided me with some upon request. They called us about 10 minutes after arrival to make sure we were satisfied with our accommodations. They were very friendly. They greeted us every morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhonda0384
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you so much for your pleasant Tripadvisor review. I am glad to hear that our staff went out of their way to make your stay comfortable. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations, and it sounds as tho we did just that for you! Thank you again! Looking forward to seeing your family again!