“not cheap $$ but nice”

Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very nice newer hotel. Location is convenient to new wheel area a little off the main road. Pool is small but very well done with chairs and hot tub. Porch area with chairs is very nice. Pretty clean hotel. Be aware if you are looking for great views there are not many. There is also a steep entrance bump that isn't great on the car but not a huge deal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Abcxyz38, Thank you so much for your Tripadvisor post! We are located within 1 mile of the new Island of Pigeon Forge! You can even see the beautifully lit Ferris Wheel from several of our rooms. More than half of our rooms have spectacular views of the city and/or the Smoky Mountains. We do offer two entrances to our property. :) Thank you again. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel is beautiful. Rooms are very nice and the bed so comfortable. However it appears the house keepers need to clean the hardwood floors and hallways. Floors were wet outside the elevators due to barefooted guests coming from the pool. Would be nice to have a mat for them to wipe their feet on.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank dtrail6203
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dtrail6203, thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. I want to apologize for the conditions of the elevator floor and hallway floor. This is unacceptable for our property and I have addressed the issues with our Executive Housekeeper and our Houseman. Be assured that this matter has been corrected and the floors will now be mopped more often through-out the day. The tile floor that was installed in our lobby is a very high maintenance flooring and it takes a little extra 'elbow grease' to keep it clean. Thank you again for bringing it to my attention. Don't hesitate to call me if you wish to discuss the topic any further. Have a great weekend. :)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I Madera reservación for 1 mighty but the Room, the meals and the service was so good that we decided to stay another night. I travelled with my mom (85) and my daughter (9) and we all were very satisfied with the place! We had courtesy buffet for breakfast and it was really good! I would recommend it any time!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Tika2015, thank you so much for your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. I'm pleased to know that you were able to extend your reservation with us. There is so much to do in Pigeon Forge, it's hard to fit everything into 1 day! Looking forward to your next visit! :)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I travel frequently and my family and I stayed a this hotel while on vacation. A newer hotel, this is the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed at and will definitely stay here again. The lobby was nice, rooms were clean and the kids loved their pool. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Angela D

Thank you Angela D, for posting your incredible Tripadvisor review! I am overjoyed to hear that your family had such an enjoyable vacation with the Award Winning Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge. Our pools have been a huge success with our guests. Thank you again for posting with Tripadvisor. :)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice comfortable hotel. We stayed here for several days and the location was perfect. It's on the back road, so you can get to it easily and skip the in town traffic. The pool area was really nice as well. There is an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and a splash area for the kids. I would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Kendogirl2003

Kendogirl2003, Thank you so much for your magnificent review of the Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge! Our team is very grateful for your feedback. It means the world to us. Hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was clean and new. We stay at Hampton hotels because they are usually clean and up to date. This hotel was also located close to Dollywood, and other attractions, as well as restaurants. We like the cookies at 4:00 pm, and you can get coffee or tea whenever you want it. This hotel and staff really made us feel welcome, we would recommend this hotel to friends and family, and we we would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joanne B
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Joanne B, I'm happy to hear that your family was able to enjoy our complimentary fresh hot cookies. We have a lot of guests who look forward to this yummy treat when they travel with Hampton Inns. It is our pleasure to offer these to our guests. Thank you so much for your review with Tripadvisor. :)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

So we choose this hotel based on the reviews by trip advisor, location, price and that our family prefers a nice, clean and fresh hotel.

As for clean and fresh the hotel was that. It is a newer hotel but after that it is plain average.

Positives...
+ Room was clean and the cleaning service did a splendid job. We picked up before we ventured out each day and when returning in the evening we came back to a spotless hotel room. That was very nice.
+ The beds were true queen sized beds and mattress was very comfortable.
+ The kids enjoyed the pool. It was no water park, but was a very nice area behind the hotel as the pictures show.

So... So....
~ The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Unedible eggs, ok bacon and dry goods/packaged/processed food.
~ The shared space or seating area was nice, but the true available seating was very undersized. We pretty much ate standing up each morning.
~ The nice fireplace and outdoor seating is more of a gimmick than a real place to hang out and relax. Its on the back wall of the hotel as you exit the back to the parking lot.
~ No frills. I didn't expect much, but for a large tourist place I would have expected for $179 a night (including taxes) some small gesture to the patrons of the hotel. Not sure what they could or should do, and not sure if other hotels in the area do, but this one didn't.
~ cleaning crews on the room was superb, I just don't see why they couldn't figure out that both elevator floors were filthy and you would stick to it. On the third day I was temped to get some towels from the pool area and wipe it down myself.
~ staff. nice people, but nothing special, just doing there jobs, but always from behind the desk. If they ever got out they might have figured out the elevator floor was a sticky lollipop.

Negatives....
- No space. The hotel room was typical to on the small side. For a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids). The room was new and clean, but it was 2 beds, night stand, a table for a desk and a dresser for the TV. The closet was small and cramped, there was very little room to even maneuver around each other. I didn't expect a suite of any sort, but for the price I would have thought the room be a little more accomodating.
-Temp and humidity control. We were on the 5th floor (top). While we could easily control the room temp, the humidity was out of control. You could see the difference from floor to floor as you go up. It felt worse than a hotel in Cancun! After just one shower on the first day the room was damp and could never seam to dry out. If you like saunas the 5th floor is for you.
- OK let's face it we all have to go, but if there was any type of functional vent or duct to the bathroom it did not work or function. *** Note the sauna affect mentioned above ****
- We usually never use the guest laundry in a hotel, but ended needing to. Not here. Yeah they have one on the second floor. Yes, that's one washer and one drier. Get in line early in your stay, because apparently this is popular here.

This review is not meant as a rant. Just to inform. Keep in mind this was the first time for my family or I to visit the Smoky Mountains. When traveling to a tourist center such as this its hard to tell what kind of place and service to expect for the price. To give a sense of what my family usually looks for is a nice, newer fresh and clean hotel. Outdated, dirty and not well maintained is what we look to avoid. We are always willing to pay a little more for a nice, newer, fresh and/or clean.

Also, when we booked there were no double queen room with sofa available. Not sure how much more these were than the basic double queen room, but if its available and the price is right I would suggest its a must to stay here if you have more then 2 to a room.

Bottom line.....
The hotel was nice, clean and newer. The down side is its just a hotel. No different than any other along a freeway. For $179 w/ tax a night I would have liked to had better references on the hotels in the area. There looks to be hundreds and I bet you can find one just as clean and accommodating for a portion of this price.

Room Tip: Look into the double queen room with sofa, the basic double queen room is cramped.
3  Thank Randall A
Billie W, Manager at Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Randall A, thank you so much for your very detailed Tripadvisor review. We appreciate your time for doing such. I do recommend booking our Double Queen room with the Sofa Sleeper the next time you stay with our property. It is great for larger families. Hampton Inn will be rolling out some new changes soon. More drawer space is definitely on the agenda! We want our guests to be as comfortable as possible while staying with our hotels. Perhaps the next time you stay we will be able to attain a higher ranking from you! :) We have a fantastic hotel and we want to prove it to you. Thank you again!