“A Bit Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Towers

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Riverside Towers
Ranked #49 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chelsea, Alabama
“A Bit Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had stayed at the Riverside Towers several years ago and really enjoyed out stay....this time I was a bit disappointed... We had reserved a non-smoking room with a view. The only non smoking room with a view was right off of the main lobby across from the only elevator (no thanks) We agreed to stay in a smoking room with a view and did our best to rid the room of the lingering cigarette smell....by the 2nd day we had managed to make the room smell a little less like an ash tray. (My husband is a smoker but does not smoke in our home - so I am not quite as sensitive to the smell as others may be) The room was a very nice size - two separate sleeping areas one with a King bed and one with a full size bed. The rooms were clean and well maintained but nothing special.....In my opinion they need to be updated. Towels were very thick and fluffy - more like you would find in an upscale establishment. Not sure that we will choose Riverside Towers for our next visit......

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Cindy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bainbridge Ross County, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My family and I have been coming to Pigeon forge for over 20 years and have stayed at various hotels around the area...We had the misfortune of staying at a different hotel that was a nightmare...Fortunately we got out of the hotel and found Riverside towers a very reasonable price...The service was excellent...They made us feel like we were at home...The maids were excellent & very friendly...The view from our private balcony was the old mill...walking distance to cute little shops and restaurants, and live music...after 20 years we've quit searching...I believe we found a new home....Very Happy....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Patty D
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

just came into town on a business trip and decided to stop in and stay here and try a new place and i wish i had not! the desk clerk when i checked in was very kind but didnt seem to know much about the rooms, to be fair it seemed like he was new to the job but he never said so idk. i stayed in one of there Jacuzzi suites and i could tell that they had done some remolding from the smell of it. the Jacuzzi tub had hair in it from the previous guest and the sheet for the bed had blood stains on them. being the germaphobe that i am, i was mortified by this!!! the pillow cases had faint yellow stains on them that were either sweat or urine but i couldnt tell. when i call to complain to the front desk i was told that i would need to move rooms, i decided to just check out but was told i would have to wait until morning to get a refund. not wanting to make waves i just left and went to another motel to finish out my trip!

Room Tip: im sure my experience is not typical and that this sort of thing happens alot, but i was left with a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank rocco w
Pembroke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My family has stayed in this hotel every year for the past 12 years. It is dated, but for the most part it is clean and the room we stay in is divided into 2 separate bedrooms, which we like, and the loveseat makes out into a bed. Each room has a balcony, which we like, but it is joined with the next room over, which is where the problem began. We had just pulled into the lower parking area and noticed a police car sitting there. My sister went to the room alone, while the rest of us proceeded to the store next door. Once we got to the upper parking lot, there were several police cars scattered in front of the hotel. The glass front allowed us to see several policemen on the floor and at the corner where our room was located. I didn't see my sister, so we were worried and ran in to ask what was going on. At that point there was an employee, a young guy, sitting on the couch on his laptop and a lady behind the desk. We were just repeated told while smiling, "I have no idea". After explaining to her that my sister had taken the elevator from the garage to that floor, she proceeded with the same remark and the guy just laughed at our concern. How can you work the front desk at a small hotel and not know why the third floor is filled with police officers? They had to walk right by her to get in. I asked her to look at the cameras that were in the hallways on that floor, and was told that they don't work. This was very frustrating. Plus, was quoted a high rate on the phone. We explained that we stay there every year and the price had almost doubled, but they did not budge. So we did not reserve but walked-in and then given a price that was $30 less than on the phone. The rooms were clean but they definitely upgrading.

Room Tip: The best rooms would be with the balcony facing the river. No wi-fi on the right side of the buildi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TeamEarth
Hazard, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We recently stayed at Riverside Towers in PIgeon Forge the first week of June. I always stay here everytime I come to Tn because it is a great place to stay. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are always clean. If I have only one complaint, it would be the pool area. It isn't very user friendly there are no towels there and you have to ask for them. Other than that I love this place and I will be back very soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Erica C
Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

My fiancee, brother, a friend and myself all stayed in the 2 bedroom family suite for a birthday. They were doing construction but It was not an inconvenience. It is in a wonderful location and Our room overlooked the river! The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: The family suites overlook a back street and the river. If you want to see the "strip" I s...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Brandy K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Excellent double room suite for only $80 on a saturday night. Clean. Front desk staff feiendly for short time we talked to them. Didnt use pool but stuck hand in..water was warm. Everything was perfect but the brats next door! People in the hallway loud. It was almost impossible to sleep in the first rm closest to door so to get away u sleep in the room only to have your neighbors share a balcony..and it sounds like they r in the room with u. Excellent riverview from rm 507.

• Stayed February 2013