“Poor Quality”

Ranked #81 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dayton, Ohio
“Poor Quality”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I went down for a few days of needed vacation. This hotel does NOT have a coffee maker, microwave or coffee at the office. The office isn't even open in the morning. Our refrigerator was broke, so they brought us one that worked. When I was leaving I asked why we had to request towels and the lady replied "we only change towels and bed dressing every 3 days". WHAT?? She said "all hotels do that". I told her not any hotels I had ever been too. I told her I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for a cheaper price. She said "don't book online, because it's more expensive". We also had something on our bathroom floor (??) it was never cleaned. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rossville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We used to stay at this hotel every single year for years on end (I know I'm a little late). Every year we slowly watched the hotel detiorate and absolutely 0 effort to fix it. On our last vacation our non smoking room reeked of smoke bugs were everywhere, cobwebs, dust, it was awful. We called the front desk and were moved to another room. It was just as bad! Our new room didnt reek of cigarettes as bad but the mattress sure did so we called again and asked to get a new mattress, Kid Rocks look alike shows up with guess what a cigarette in his mouth. Needless to say we cut our trip short and left.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sonnyvick

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just stayed here 9/6/13 & 9/7/13.. -- cobwebs, spiders, carpet worn, no lightbulb in nightstand lamp, no hairdryer, no coffee pot, commode wobbled, shower curtain torn, no security chain on the door, lid was broken off the air conditioner unit, no iron, no ironing board -- grounds are not maintained [they could be beautiful], cigarette butts everywhere, elevator filthy -- front desk won't answer phone -- they sit outside the office-- office personnel very pleasant but full of excuses, their computer was down, "you'll have to wait until the cleaning lady comes after 9", someone else ?? must have taken our reservation because they could not find it, left a homemade sign on our room 'do not disturb' because we didn't want anyone in our room, came back in the evening .. the sign had been removed & our room cleaned, .. .. but our friends next door did not get cleaned & they had a 'do not disturb' sign on their door that they didn't leave--
room patio was dirty and the 2 chairs were too dirty to use .. need i say more .. no, we did not get a special rate .. it definetely needs more than a little TLC .. raking in the big bucks & not putting one cent back into the investment .. can't see how they'll ever stay in business .. too much competition & lots of nice places there.
We paid $312.06 for 2 nights

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank grnmax14
Andersonville, tn
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The carpet was dirty. My grandchildren went bare footed and their feet got filty. There were roaches in the bathroom in the sink and the bath tub. They were on the carpet next to the door. Both my husband and I seen the bugs. Outside the chairs were dirty. Spiders and spider webs on both. The room smelled. The air conditioner made a terrible noise. There were two stacks of bedding stacked in the parking lot entrance. The man checking you in was rude.

Now the plus. My grandchildren loved the ducks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only stayed one night unplanned due to a road closure. I was worried because the outside looked a little run down but the room was spotless. No hair dryer or iron that I saw but we never use those anyway. I would stay again. I like the set up of the room, the bathroom acted as a partition between the beds so they are semi-private. The view is not spectacular but there is a nice creek where we saw some ducks.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tngirlatheart
Cliffside, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2013

A friend recommended River Lodge South as an affordable place to stay to help us budget more for activities for our children. When we pulled up into the driveway, I was wondering what we had gotten ourselves into. The inside was so much better than I expected from the looks of the outside. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Yes, it is an older motel, meaning there are upgrades that would be nice, but if you are looking for a clean place to stay that is affordable, I highly recommend it. We really didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep anyway.....we packed our trip full with activities because of the money we saved on lodging. I highly recommend River Lodge South for families on a budget. Also, Gail left our daughter a "birthday surprise". How thoughtful! Thank you!

Room Tip: Microwaves are not standard amenities.....request one when booking. We were on the bottom floor and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Madison, Wi
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Booked through 3rd party, looked to be a nice motel but turned out to be a crappy place. The air conditioner was not on when we walked in the room so it smelled like moldy smoke. There was a back door for the patio which had goose feces all over. This motel was very outdated, the front desk sometimes wasn't open until 8am. Place reminded me of a motel in a scary movie.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family