“Not what it use to be!”

River Lodge South Motel
Ranked #82 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Not what it use to be!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After going into first room and finding roaches stains and bag of opened food behind dresser.we requested another room this one much cleaner but still had live bugs.our room never seen maids after our activities we returned one night to have no towels and no toilet paper called front office to get no answer 30 mins later walked down to office to find attendant sitting outside in chair.stayed here many times never this bad won't be back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Darren T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

When we made our reservation we inquired about the WIFI, oh yes we have it, and when we arrive, also, yes in every room. I work from my PC, so it was a must,.NOT happening here! We called front desk and was told the lady would call us back, nope did not hear from her either. The Continental breakfast was not a continental, the kids have nothing, no cereal,milk, juice etc. Only Donuts, and muffins and Coffee. The beds were extremely hard, luckily we were exhausted. The baseboards and under beds could use some cleaning, and I mean cleaning... I took a cold shower because I prefer it over a HOT scolding one.. Could not get the water right. Never saw a fire place. Nice friendly staff, first floor if you love animals, loved being greeted by the ducks. Had to locate blankets, in a drawer, and I just had to witness the cleaning when the guy folded the blanket back up and put back into the drawer, makes me wonder how often they are washed? I was so glad to get home and take a Shower! The price is not worth the stay!

Room Tip: Stay at another place.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia R

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights. Sure the hotel is old, the rooms smell a bit, the air conditioner takes a little TLC to get right, but all and all this room was not horrible. It was reasonably clean and for the price it's not a bad place to stay.

This is pigeon forge, not Vegas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tyler M
Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First, the room was WARM. That mattered because it was freezing outside and they weren't expecting us. We left a hotel in Cherokee because it was TERRIBLE and drove back to Pigeon Forge that night. We sleep on a king bed and were trying to find a hotel with a room with one. Now, the décor was terribly outdated. In a way, that's a con, but it ALMOST felt like you were staying at your granny's house. I say almost because my granny never had mirrors on the walls surrounding her beds. I could overlook it except I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and nearly scared myself to death when I caught a glimpse of someone out of the corner of my eye. That someone turned out to be me. The room we had on the third floor was also very large! It had a king bed, full sized couch, a coffee table, 2 easy chairs, an ottoman, a large desk, an armoire, 5 lamps, a smallish table with 4 chairs, a nightstand, and a fridge and microwave, and it STILL wasn't crowded. The sinks in the room right outside the bathroom were weird. They were shaped in an L and 2 people couldn't stand at them at the same time. They were also very low. There was no hair dryer or coffeemaker. The hair dryer was a bit of an issue because I hadn't brought one. We had stayed in a hotel in Gatlinburg for a few days that had them, and the hotel we left in Cherokee had one. The room wasn't dirty, but the caulk around the tub, etc could have used a little bleach. The bed was SUPER comfortable, but there was only the sheets and this weird bedspread that you couldn't pull all the way up or your feet would be exposed. It definitely needed another blanket. The continental breakfast was Krispy Kremes (warm!) and coffee. Nothing special. The price was higher than it should have been for something so outdated. We paid about $88 and we paid $99 at the HAMPTON in Gatlinburg so I was a little disappointed in the price. The back of the room had a balcony overlooking the river and that was pretty. I even got to see ducks and geese the next morning. The front desk people were nice and polite. I wouldn't rush back, but I wouldn't rule them out, either.

Room Tip: There is a swimming pool for warmer weather. We could see in other rooms that weren't as large o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jennifer B
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night. Got two rooms. Carpet pulling loose at door, wallpaper coming off walls, bathroom cold, water never got hot, and ran heater on high at highest therm setting and room stayed cool all night. For $155 for two rooms would not do it again. Not many vacancies is why we stayed here.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Thai_Chili28358
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Look, be advised, if u want to stay in a clean room, whether it is old or new, River Lodge South is definately not the room you should haVE IN MIND. THE ROOMS WERE DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! Cob webs everywhere...the sheets hadnt even been changed from the last people that stayed there. getting any help was a joke! the office was hardly ever even opened for them to help us. It was just an awful place to bring your kids, since they allow drinking on the outside of the motel...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank donnarjenkins
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here many years ago when it was new and crisp. I read all the bad reviews and had second thoughts. I am very happy that I ignored those reviews. my room was very clean and well kept. i had a ground floor room with a large Jacuzzi tub and rocking chairs on the back porch. there is a nice grassy yard with picnic tables and charcoal grills overlooking the river. at one point I counted 47 geese walking by my back porch. if you like the new high rises go somewhere else. plenty of towels and great service. I will come back.

Room Tip: ground floor on the end has a great Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple