“Very Disappointed”

River Lodge South Motel
Ranked #84 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I always look forward to taking my semi-disable mother to pigeon forge.We thought we wouldn't have any complaints about our hotel since we have stayed here the past 3 years,....but when I called to reserve our rooms, I was told we had bottom floor with adjoining rooms.When we arrived they put us on 2nd floor no adjoining rooms.I complained so they put us on 3rd floor with adjoining rooms.The staff didn't appologize for any trouble this may have caused us.Then the elevator stops working!!!! My mother wasn't able to walk up 3 levels of steps without gasping for breath.The rooms were fine, but the toilet didn't flush good and the shower didn't work well at all. PROBABLY WON'T STAY HERE AGAIN

Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank webuddys123
There are newer reviews for River Lodge South Motel

Reviewed 17 August 2009

Great location. Rooms next to river have back door to river with picnic tables. Had a free room at Marriott night before and liked the river lodge beds better. located near old mill square where music is played. Price 39 and 45 for hot tub on weekend. Friendly service. Quiet off the main road. Didn't take advantage of the breakfast as it is 8am-11am.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pumpkin12
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I have been staying in this motel since I was about 8 years old. It's always nice to return and to be welcomed by such a wonderful place. I now take my own children. We always get a 2nd floor room and love watching the ducks near the river. My only issue ever was a low pressure showerhead but thats to be expected on checkout day. Staff has always been super friendly. River Lodge South has become a necessity on our trips.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We have stayed at River Lodge South plenty of times. We go to Pigeon Forge every April and September to the car shows called Rod Runs. We had stayed in April of 2008 and when we left then we reserved our September vacation. The year before the motel sent out reminders of the dates we booked. This year we just so happened to be in Pigeon Forge and stopped in and asked the motel if we still had reservations because they never sent a reminder. The woman stated that they were under new managment and they were no longer going to be sending anything out. But she did say that we still had reservations. My husband and father went up to pigeon forge early to check in, no problems. When my mother and I got off work we drove up and arrived at around 430. I asked my dad where my parking paper was. The ones you hang on your rearview mirror while you stay in hotels. He said they lady at the front desk said that they were not giving them out this year. So I parked and went in. We left several times over the next two days but on Saturday night when we left,and came back there were NO parking spaces. People were parked everywhere. I know in the Rod Runs that traffic is awful, but apparentally what had happened is people that were NOT staying at the hotel were parking their cars in people who paid for the rooms' spots. We had to wait about 30 minutes for someone to leave so we could get a spot. It was ridiculous. We also asked the maid who MIGHT have been 16 years old to bring us some towels, we told her we didnt want the room cleaned, b/c we were all in there, but asked for 5 towels. The number of people staying in the room. And she said she had no clean towels and acted as if it was horrible we wanted 5. So an hour or so later she brought us 2 towels. Also we were on the third floor. At least 5 times when we went to use the elevator, you would push the down arrow and the elevator would open, but when you went in and pushed the number 1 it wouldnt close, nor go down. So we had to take the stairs numerous times. When we told the lady at the front desk about this she stated to us the maintenance man had been notified and he could not fix the problem. Also the toilet handle that you flush with broke on us Saturday night, so that my father had to take the back off of the toilet and flush it that way.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank smc2008
Reviewed 7 August 2007

On July 06, 2007, we stayed 2 nights at the River Lodge South. We checked in late on 07/06 and later discovered that in the bathroom there was no toilet paper holder and the toilet paper was justting on the back of the toilet. When my wife went to use the paper she found feces inside the roll. Also, when we walked on the carpet our feet became soiled. The following monday I sent an e-mail to the hotel advising of the condition of the room. They kindly sent me a reply with a 2 night free offer. In the interim, I discovered my credit card had been charged for 3 nights instead of two. I called my credit card company and they issued a credit. I called the hotel on 07/16 and advised what had happened. The lady advised that they were aware of this. When I received my letter for the two free nights I again called the hotel to let them know about the chargeback as it was not mentioned in the letter. The lady advised me that the manager knew and that was fine. When I called to make my reservation for the 2 free nights I spoke to the same lady again and advised that yes I am the same on that had the issue with the credit card she again apologized. On 08/03 my grandson and I checked in the hotel. On 08/04 around 9:00 p.m. , I received a call from the front desk and a lady said someone was there to speak to me but had to step out and would I be in the there for a few minutes and I replied yes. About ten minutes later, there was a knock on my door and it was the lady that called and the general manager . he said I hope we dont have a problemI gave you 2 free nights and now you have charged back your credit card. I again explained to him that this was a different issue and I had already called several times to make sure there was no confusion. Luckily, I had the credit card statement in my car and showed both the manager and lady that I had been over charged on 07/06 and there was only one credit for the overcharge. I informed him that I was an honest person and if I had charged back the stay Iw ould not have used his offer. Ather, they both clearly saw I was correct they still did not apologize.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Vacationer038
Reviewed 28 November 2006

River Lodge South was excellent for the price and location. It is just back off the main road so you are still close to everything yet away from all of the traffic noise. We had a first floor standard room. A back door opened up to a patio and a small river. Tame ducks and geese greeted us everytime we opened the back door.
Our room was big and very clean. Beds were comfortable. Lots of towels. The staff was friendly and helpful. We parked right outside our front door. No problem calling this motel to book or while there.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank wesley1982
A TripAdvisor Member
Cartersville Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2006

I would like to thank the staff working on Feb. 25, 2006 for the way in which my mother was treated after an unfotunate situation arose. They were as nice and accomadating as any place I have ever heard of. They are a perfect example of a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2006