“Black Bear Ridge Resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Black Bear Ridge Resort
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Black Bear Ridge Resort”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked with Black Bear Ridge for Fathers Day weekend 2013. We were supposed to stay in Hanky Panky which I was told was a 2 bedroom cabin. It turned out to be 1 bedroom with a loft. It also turned out that there was a storm the night before we arrived and the windows weren't sealed well, so the furniture and rugs were soaked. We were moved to a 3 bedroom off site that seemed really nice at first. However, 2 out of the 3 tvs and the hot tub were not working. When we called the office, they sent a woman that I later found out was the rental company owner (found that out when I stopped to check out). I left a message for her to call me about the problems that we had. She didn't call, so I called the next week and was told that they emailed $100 credit for a future stay. I asked that she call me again but she never did. Not only did we not get the amenities we booked for, the customer service was terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank V M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We spent a few days in Pigeon Forge on a couples-only get-away. I saw the Bear Paw cabin online, and it looked wonderful. The price seemed decent, so I called the phone number to make the reservation.

PROS:
First of all, the cabin is adorable. It is nicely decorated, and each bedroom has it's own bathroom which made it convenient for us. Also, everything was clean and well-maintained. The hot tub on the deck was especially relaxing. This cabin is on the lower end of the property, so the view is nice, but not breath-taking. We enjoyed playing pool, and there were plenty of TVs. The cabin is located close to the main road, so that was nice.

CONS:
Although the cabin was cute, it did slant down the ravine. This was quite noticeable on the bottom floor of the cabin. At times, I felt like I was walking in a fun house. When we arrived, one of our guests was so disoriented by the slanting floors that she had to take Dramamine. I'm not sure if this is normal for a cabin in the Smokies, but it did worry me a bit.

We had five in our group. The single person in our group agreed to take the pull-out sofa. Once we pulled it out, we were shocked. The mattress was horrible and needs to be replaced. The website says this cabin sleeps six. If they can replace the sleeper sofa, that would be accurate. Our fifth person elected to fold the sleeper back in and sleep on the couch. This cabin currently is best suited for 4 people.

This resort is family owned according to their check-out instructions which were typed in all-caps and underlined. (I felt like I was being yelled at before I even opened the door to my cabin.) The document was filled with misspellings and grammar errors. When I returned the key to their office, there was no "How did you enjoy your stay?" or "Is there anything we can do to make your stay better" or "Thank you for staying with us. Come back again!" I was disappointed. They made no effort to ensure their customers were happy. The office crew needs to make more of an effort to be friendly. However, if you like a staff that speaks very little, you will like them.

In closing, we would not stay here again nor would I choose another property owned by Black Bear Ridge Resort.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah R
Englewood, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Lets just say if i had it to do all over again I would so get married there with the setting and such. Now the guts of the review, the spa! Needless to say it is not very good and the ladies left there with there nails looking like i could have done them better and the next day there cuticles where so read and almost infected looking. We did the package deal with the massage and manicure and pedicure for them. The massage is priceless and i know that because we have used the massage people before at our cabin. The do great work and no complaints there just the manicure and pedicure left a lot to be desired!

1 Thank wkahler
Sharpsburg, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Beautiful location with breath taking views. My husband and I were married at Angels View Wedding Chapel and stayed in one of the beautiful cabins. The staff were amazing at making us feel welcome and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this location for any special event you may be planning or just to get away. You will not be disappointed.

Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We are from Indiana and decided to get married in the beautiful state of Tennessee, we stayed at the Black Bear Ridge Resort and were married at Angels View Chapel on May 20th there are not enough great things to say about this location. The people were all wonderful the resort was beautiful and the chapel gorgeous! The staff is quick to help and will answer all emails and phone messages very quickly. We are planning on going back next year and will be staying at the resort. If you are planning on going to Pigeon Forge this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Coal City, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

beautiful clean cabins and me and my husband did a renewal it is very very beautiful inside and out loved the view from the gazebo. the staff was all very helpful and nice. great job on hair and makeup and we didn't use the limo driver but I talked to him and he was a sweet heart. the preacher was very sweet and nice. over all it was great. I would tell anyone to have there ceremony there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
lincolnton
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We rented a cabin through Angles View Wedding Chapel and i had a wonderful experience. The cabin was clean and we had all the extras we needed, it came with clean towels , pots pans, and even better a dish washer so it made my week easy because we have three kids and if you have kids then you know how hard it is to clean after then and when on vacation thats the last thing you want to do. VERY INJOYABLE..... And the view of the mountains was beautiful.. Very breath taking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family