“Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Black Bear Ridge Resort
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was very happy with the view it was breath taking . Everyone was very nice and made our day very special . We would recommend everyone getting married to go to Angel's View Wedding Chapel. The view from the chapel was awesome and the chapel was very elegant . The gazebo and carriage was a very nice touch for our pictures . We wished that we would have known about the cabins.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We checked into Moonlit Mountain Memories and found the cabin under construction. The owners are in the middle of adding a kids "play loft area". I called down to Eden Crest Mgmt to explain that the construction was not disclosed on the website, they said that all the areas were usable so they didn't see a problem. I thought that we were entitled to some compensation for the construction however they said they couldn't discount because all the space was usable and they couldn't move us because they were booked. Also had to call for the directions to the cabin to be e-mailed, also had to call for the key code and the wifi code. I would avoid this cabin, it has a lovely view (NOT) of a parking lot at the rear of the cabin and two other sides are facing roads. Also, due to the fires at Black Bear Ridge Resort there ALOT of construction going on and it's NOT quiet, construction vehicles going up and down the roads very early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lsburton
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had my wedding at Angel's View Wedding Chapel on Aug 24, 2013. I was very happy with the entire staff there. They made the planning very easy and everything was exactly the way I wanted it. The preacher was very good and the photographer was great! She was so patient and we got all the family pictures that we wanted. The views from the chapel were amazing and looked great in the background of our pictures. We also stayed at Bear Den Lodge at the resort. It was amazing. We could not have asked for a better wedding weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

best part we wasn't there 2 hours and a 200+ black beak walked right down the middle of the road behind our car it stayed back there about ten mins it was awesome to just observe the cabin was great and beds comfy but they could use a bigger sign to turn onto or into resort and definitely should have a light shining up on it at night but we would stay again

Room Tip: upstairs is the game room and the deck too
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jdoubleDaytonOhio
Reviewed 5 August 2013

AMAZING! It was exactly what my husband & I were hoping for. The chapel was absolutely beautiful &v they service/minister was great. They made sure the day was OUR day & not theirs. The view was fantastic. When we got to our cabin "Beneath the Stars", we were once again amazed..I think we captured a picture of everything in there! The place was clean & had everything we needed. We didnt want to return home but didnt have a choice! There is no question, we WILL be back for our anniversaries :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked with Black Bear Ridge for Fathers Day weekend 2013. We were supposed to stay in Hanky Panky which I was told was a 2 bedroom cabin. It turned out to be 1 bedroom with a loft. It also turned out that there was a storm the night before we arrived and the windows weren't sealed well, so the furniture and rugs were soaked. We were moved to a 3 bedroom off site that seemed really nice at first. However, 2 out of the 3 tvs and the hot tub were not working. When we called the office, they sent a woman that I later found out was the rental company owner (found that out when I stopped to check out). I left a message for her to call me about the problems that we had. She didn't call, so I called the next week and was told that they emailed $100 credit for a future stay. I asked that she call me again but she never did. Not only did we not get the amenities we booked for, the customer service was terrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank V M
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We spent a few days in Pigeon Forge on a couples-only get-away. I saw the Bear Paw cabin online, and it looked wonderful. The price seemed decent, so I called the phone number to make the reservation.

PROS:
First of all, the cabin is adorable. It is nicely decorated, and each bedroom has it's own bathroom which made it convenient for us. Also, everything was clean and well-maintained. The hot tub on the deck was especially relaxing. This cabin is on the lower end of the property, so the view is nice, but not breath-taking. We enjoyed playing pool, and there were plenty of TVs. The cabin is located close to the main road, so that was nice.

CONS:
Although the cabin was cute, it did slant down the ravine. This was quite noticeable on the bottom floor of the cabin. At times, I felt like I was walking in a fun house. When we arrived, one of our guests was so disoriented by the slanting floors that she had to take Dramamine. I'm not sure if this is normal for a cabin in the Smokies, but it did worry me a bit.

We had five in our group. The single person in our group agreed to take the pull-out sofa. Once we pulled it out, we were shocked. The mattress was horrible and needs to be replaced. The website says this cabin sleeps six. If they can replace the sleeper sofa, that would be accurate. Our fifth person elected to fold the sleeper back in and sleep on the couch. This cabin currently is best suited for 4 people.

This resort is family owned according to their check-out instructions which were typed in all-caps and underlined. (I felt like I was being yelled at before I even opened the door to my cabin.) The document was filled with misspellings and grammar errors. When I returned the key to their office, there was no "How did you enjoy your stay?" or "Is there anything we can do to make your stay better" or "Thank you for staying with us. Come back again!" I was disappointed. They made no effort to ensure their customers were happy. The office crew needs to make more of an effort to be friendly. However, if you like a staff that speaks very little, you will like them.

In closing, we would not stay here again nor would I choose another property owned by Black Bear Ridge Resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah R