“Honeymoon #2” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Bear Ridge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Black Bear Ridge Resort
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Honeymoon #2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We got married at Angel's view wedding chapel in October and it was absolutely amazing. The cabin was so private and secluded you feel like you have the whole mountain to yourself. The master bath has an awesome jetted whirlpool tub. The staff at check in were very home grown and nice people. We had a great time here. Look forward to going back for a few days of R and R.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mount Washington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was very happy with the view it was breath taking . Everyone was very nice and made our day very special . We would recommend everyone getting married to go to Angel's View Wedding Chapel. The view from the chapel was awesome and the chapel was very elegant . The gazebo and carriage was a very nice touch for our pictures . We wished that we would have known about the cabins.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We checked into Moonlit Mountain Memories and found the cabin under construction. The owners are in the middle of adding a kids "play loft area". I called down to Eden Crest Mgmt to explain that the construction was not disclosed on the website, they said that all the areas were usable so they didn't see a problem. I thought that we were entitled to some compensation for the construction however they said they couldn't discount because all the space was usable and they couldn't move us because they were booked. Also had to call for the directions to the cabin to be e-mailed, also had to call for the key code and the wifi code. I would avoid this cabin, it has a lovely view (NOT) of a parking lot at the rear of the cabin and two other sides are facing roads. Also, due to the fires at Black Bear Ridge Resort there ALOT of construction going on and it's NOT quiet, construction vehicles going up and down the roads very early in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lsburton
Florence, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had my wedding at Angel's View Wedding Chapel on Aug 24, 2013. I was very happy with the entire staff there. They made the planning very easy and everything was exactly the way I wanted it. The preacher was very good and the photographer was great! She was so patient and we got all the family pictures that we wanted. The views from the chapel were amazing and looked great in the background of our pictures. We also stayed at Bear Den Lodge at the resort. It was amazing. We could not have asked for a better wedding weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
dayton ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

best part we wasn't there 2 hours and a 200+ black beak walked right down the middle of the road behind our car it stayed back there about ten mins it was awesome to just observe the cabin was great and beds comfy but they could use a bigger sign to turn onto or into resort and definitely should have a light shining up on it at night but we would stay again

Room Tip: upstairs is the game room and the deck too
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jdoubleDaytonOhio
Richmond, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

AMAZING! It was exactly what my husband & I were hoping for. The chapel was absolutely beautiful &v they service/minister was great. They made sure the day was OUR day & not theirs. The view was fantastic. When we got to our cabin "Beneath the Stars", we were once again amazed..I think we captured a picture of everything in there! The place was clean & had everything we needed. We didnt want to return home but didnt have a choice! There is no question, we WILL be back for our anniversaries :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked with Black Bear Ridge for Fathers Day weekend 2013. We were supposed to stay in Hanky Panky which I was told was a 2 bedroom cabin. It turned out to be 1 bedroom with a loft. It also turned out that there was a storm the night before we arrived and the windows weren't sealed well, so the furniture and rugs were soaked. We were moved to a 3 bedroom off site that seemed really nice at first. However, 2 out of the 3 tvs and the hot tub were not working. When we called the office, they sent a woman that I later found out was the rental company owner (found that out when I stopped to check out). I left a message for her to call me about the problems that we had. She didn't call, so I called the next week and was told that they emailed $100 credit for a future stay. I asked that she call me again but she never did. Not only did we not get the amenities we booked for, the customer service was terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family