“A good stay, great balcony view from top floor”

Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Deltona
“A good stay, great balcony view from top floor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a beautiful view from top floor. Breakfast was good, the biscuits & gravy were delicious!!! Elevator was NOT clean, carpet needs to be replaced immediately in elevator! or pulled out & leave a clean floor. And the walls outside & inside elevator need to be deep cleaned & painted.
Our room was fine, bathroom clean, beds comfy. It is close to the 3 Bears store & many others. Loved the balcony view!!! no mold in our room. A good night's stay --except for elevator.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SmokyMeadowsLodge, Manager at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are pleased that you had a wonderful experience while staying with us. Thank you for taking time to write a review about our humble hotel. We do apologize for the elevator issue. We will certainly have that checked out and handled as soon as possible. We hope to see you at our hotel soon, and please bring friends.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Rural Retreat, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

we were looking for a nice nights rest. We certainly did not find it here!!!! we checked in around 1:00 AM looking for a nice nights rest only to find an air dryer in our room trying to dry th carpet, the room smelled like cat or dog pee (seriously)!!! I exp this to the front desk attendant. He did offer my $$ back, however the strip was packed & my family was worn out & not wanting to look for another hotel, so I asked for air freshener.. The bottle he gave me did not spray, we just gave up & we to bed...We woke to the horrible smell the next morning, I forgot to take shampoo (my fault). I have stayed @ many places, most places offer complimentary shampoo & conditioner, not this place!!!! I exp to the morning front desk attendant that they need to have carpet professionaly cleaned she stated the cleaning lady wld vacuum...over all HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We are very sorry that you and your family had a bad experience at this location. I would like to inform you that since your last visit we have changed to new owners and management. We have spent months trying to change the image left to us by the previous owners. We hope that you would consider staying with us again, so that we can at least remove the bad taste left from your last encounter.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

One of the nastiest hotels I have ever seen. It had a horrible smell.The furniture was from the late 70's maybe early 80's, including the television. The sheets were dirty and the mattress was horrible.The box spring looked like someone might had been murdered on it in the past.....just go somewhere else or sleep in your car if necessary. On a positive note, the desk clerk was nice.

• Stayed October 2013
We are so sorry that you didn't have a pleasant stay with us. We are, however, under new management and have new owners. We would love the oppurtunity to show you how this has changed us as a company. We have a completely new staff in housekeeping as well as front desk. We can only hope that you would consider staying at our establishment sometime in the future. Maybe it would change your mind about our customer service and cleanliness. Please accept our apologies for any inconvienence your suffered during previous stays.

Sincerely Thankful,
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Clean hotel but no coffee maker in the room. Friendly staff and very helpful. In the morning we had a frost outside and our heater in the room didnt work. Beds we not comfortable at all. Did I mention "NO" coffee maker in room. Could not get any until the lobby opened at 8 a.m..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We apologize for the lack of coffee makers in the rooms during your previous stay. We are under new management and ownership. Since the re-opening back in April 2014 we have made it a point to pay attention to details, such as coffee makers in all the rooms. We also keep plenty of extra coffee for those guests who like to drink it throughout the day. We hope that you will consider giving this hotel and our new owners a chance to change your mind. We look forward to you coming back tp Pigeon Forge,TN.

Shelbyville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here this past September, I knew by the price that I really should have not expected much. And I can forgive a lot, like the peeling wall paper, the dirty rolling carpets, dirty vents. But the part that really bothered me is the mold on the ceiling. The weekend staff is pretty nice and seems to be there to help, but the weekly staff seems to think she is there to use the phone for her personal needs. Had to ask for more coffee to be made, had to ask for more food to be put out for breakfast. The earlier review complained of the tv remote not working, well our tv was old school, no remote..we had to go to the tv to change anything or turn it on or off. It is in a good location, but that is pretty much the only plus they have going for them. It could be decent if somebody would actually go in and redo the rooms.

Room Tip: There is no good rooms here that I know of. Good tip..go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We greatly appreciate you writing a review about our hotel. We do have new owners and management since your last visit with us. We would be grateful for the oppurtunity to show you the work that we have put into changing the image of this hotel. We are pleased to say that we have a new plumbing, a new sprinkler system, we are currently having our pool area completely redone, we also have a new staff across the whole hotel. We are hopeful that you and your family will give us a chance to show you our new faces and excellent housekeeping crew.

We look forward to a visit in the future,
West Liberty, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

First I will say the hotel is VERY OLD, so I wasn't expecting anything overly impressive. However, I always expect the room to at least be clean and hope the hotel staff is friendly. That was absolutely not the case. The attitudes of Smoky Meadows Lodge's employees were just as nasty as the rooms were, to the point that I simply can't believe any of the reviews for the place that says anything even remotely decent about it. You do NOT want to stay here, especially if you have allergies. My mother woke up with her eyes extremely swollen and puffy from the mold and dust. It will be much easier for me just to list all the reasons this place should be shut down.
There was:
-mold growing on the carpet around the night stand, nearly three quarters of an inch thick
-the ceiling was covered in cobwebs and dust
-the bathroom ceiling and vent hadn't been cleaned in so long that there was thickly clumped dust and dirt covering it
-the carpet was so dirty it will turn the bottom of your feet black. MUST WEAR HOUSE SHOES!
-what appeared to be large yellow urine stains on a terribly uncomfortable mattress (on both mattresses)
-holes in the quilt
-hole in bathroom door
-large rips and holes in the disgustingly yellow-stained, peeling wallpaper
-remote control did not work, but the batteries in it were good, called to get a different one, told me no, they didn't have any. I found out the next day almost all the rooms were vacant and any of those remotes could have been used
-the bathtub hadn't been cleaned-had to call for the maid to come and clean it
-walkway outside the rooms never swept, there was a large pile of bugs outside our door
-elevator was extremely dirty and covered in graffiti
-horrible lighting in rooms, some lamps didn't even have bulbs in them

On top of all that, it was the rudest hotel staff I've ever encountered. I didn't even ask for a refund when I tried to talk to the clerk/owner about the room, I just wanted her to understand how bad the room was. She basically told me I was lying, and informed me that she had just had the carpets cleaned, but refused to go look at the room. I went back up stairs, took q-tips to the mold and layers of dirt and dust, and a moist towelette to the dirty, smeared mirror, and took it to show her. She wasn't concerned and absolutely did not care that she was peddling filth. Instead, she actually huffed loudly at me because she had to end her personal phone call to talk to me: a paid customer. I got who I presumed was supposed to pass for the maintenance man to come look at how genuinely nasty the room was, so the woman would stop acting like I was making it all up for the sheer joy of it. I never even received so much as a "We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay."

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Leslie B
SmokyMeadowsLodge, General Manager at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I would personally like to thank you for all of the problems you brought to the attention of the maintenence staff and housekeeping. We are currently under new management and have been going through the entire hotel, room by room, to fix any issues that past guests may have had. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, thanks to a new housekeeping staff. We also have new front desk clerks and maintenence members. I know that all of these things don't change the horrible experience that you had to go through during your stay.
I just want to inform you that one way we are willing to try and fix your past issue with this hotel is to offer you a discount, should you ever want to stay with us again. We just want the chance to be judged by the hotel we are now rather than who the hotel was when we took it over.

Best wishes,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Beware never stay there!!! Very outdated, the mattress was stained very bad, mold and mildew everywhere, carpet nasty, the smell was aweful, the elevator was nasty writing all over the walls, even the outside was very dirty, very unfriendly staff in the office, needs new everything, no coffee pots or microwaves in the rooms, the refrigerator didn't work right, bathroom sink leaked everywhere, I will never stay there again or recommend anyone, oh by the way they do not allow pets, do they tell you that over the phone NO, we had family that got kicked out due to having dog after we paid around 800.00, also the dog is a therapy dog, they asked for papers which is a Hippa Violation! This place is a joke, needs renovation and new staff!!!

• Stayed September 2013
SmokyMeadowsLodge, Manager at Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your past stay with this hotel. I just want to update our information for you a little bit. We are now under new management and ownership. Our new GM is very well known for only providing the best in customer service to her guests. She has hired all new staff, in every department. The previous staff did have bad reviews, however we would like the chance to show your how much things have changed around here, for the better, since the foreclosure in November 2013. We are willing to offer you and your family a discount to come stay with us again so that we could possibly get a review that is based on current information rather than outdated.