“Clean hotel with an awesome slide!”
Review of Willow Brook Lodge

Willow Brook Lodge
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We just returned from a four night stay at this hotel.We were very impressed by how clean our room was. As for the beds, technically they were pillow top mattresses but that does not mean they were plush. Both the pillows and beds were so uncomfortable. By the end of our visit, my husband and I had sore backs and necks.
The breakfast was fine since it was free. I have seen better and I have seen worse. If you are looking for waffles and bacon, then stay somewhere else. I was very annoyed when they ran out of eggs for the biscuits twenty minutes before breakfast was over and was told to eat the hard boiled eggs instead. I also could not stand the fact that the cups provided for juice were enough to hold about a sip. I understand that some people take advantage of free breakfast but I am not one of them. I really do not want to get up every two minutes to refill my cup. I don't even drink a lot! Needless to say, neither of these things will keep me from coming back. I will just get to breakfast earlier and bring my own cup!
The pool slide was awesome!!! I planned on taking my 5 and 2 year old the Splash Country but they had so much fun on the slide that we never had to leave. Honestly, my husband and I loved it as much as the kids did. The baby pool was too cold to use which was a surprise since it was so hot outside. I don't think that was the hotels fault though. My biggest complaint about the pool is that you could not see into it at night. I had a hard time keeping an eye on my older son since there was only one light by the slide. Also, the towels provided were a joke. If they had been any smaller, they would have been a hand towel. They only fit my two year old so bring your own pool towels if you stay here. Overall, we enjoyed our visit and will most likely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the North building in summer for the outdoor pool and the South in the winter for the indoor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LaurieSR

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Our room was given away after we were told we did not follow "policy" of checking in by 6:00pm. There is nowhere that I can find any record of this policy.
I made 2 reservations at the Willow Brook Lodge. I called by phone and made reservations for 2 rooms, arriving July 29th checking out July 31st. When I arrived in Pigeon Forge, I had a message on my cell phone from a Judy at Willow Brook stating that my credit card was "invalid" and that if I did not call her back within 30 minutes she was going to give my room away. She had left me a message because we were traveling across the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and there is NO cell service at all there. So, by the time I listened to the message and called her back she informed me that she had given our room away to someone else. I was shocked! I asked her how she could have done that and she stated that we had not followed their policy of checking in by 6:00pm and that she then ran my Visa card and it was invalid. I was never informed of a "6:00pm check-in" policy and that if I did not do so my room would be cancelled. Their website to the contrary states:
Guarantee Policy:
A guaranteed reservation assures you of a room even if you check in very late (after 6:00 pm). All reservations made through this web site must be guaranteed to a major credit card.

Judy insisted that our room was given away because we had not called or checked in and that my credit card was invalid. She never one time verified my card information or asked me if it was correct. She just assumed that the card did not work and gave away the room. I in fact, showed up at the hotel with the full payment in cash, but was continually told that there were no other rooms and that if I had followed policy this wouldn't have happened. My friends had checked into their room earlier, which was also under my name. Judy never tried to contact my friends who were checked in UNDER MY NAME to verify anything. If she had called their room they could have told her we were on our way across the parkway. She then proceeded to try to give us another room which she considered an "upgrade" which was not even comparable to the room we had reserved. We decided to take it since we would probably not be able to find another room. She also stated that the room would only be for 1 night since they were booked for the rest of the weekend. Reluctantly we went to the room and when we got there we immediately decided there was no way we would stay in that room. There was something splattered all over the wall in the sink/bathroom area. At the same time, I got a call from my friend, that the front desk was looking for me and that I would not answer the phone in the room. I went over to the room phone to call the desk and realized the phone was not even in working order, it wasn't even plugged into anything. I called the front desk from my cell phone and she informed me that she had spoken with her general manager and that we were going to have to pay $134.99 for the room that night and that I needed to come back to the office right then and pay. I went back to the office and returned the keys and told her that we absolutely would not stay in that room and certainly not for that price. Judy then basically insulted me in front of other people in the lobby stating "that if my card was valid then we wouldn't have had this problem." I was so insulted I left in tears. I placed a phone call to the General Manager on Monday August 1, 2011 to try to speak with her and let her know about my experience. She was equally as insulting and told me repeatedly that I did not follow their "policy" and that it was "industry standard" to practice as they had. Since I had not gotten there at the time they thought I should check in, that "any other hotel would have done the same thing." I am apalled that I was treated with such disrespect. We left and found a wonderful room at Mainstay Inn and Suites and were able to enjoy the rest of our weekend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tabor3
WBLParkway, General Manager at Willow Brook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Reservations confirmed with a credit or debit card are welcomed for late arrival providing that the card that is used as security will accept the first nights charge. It is never our desire for a guest to misinterpret our reason for asking a card as security for the reservation.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I am very hard to please when it comes to hotels but I have to say the Willow Brook Lodge can not be beat ! Clean, clean, clean and the beds are to die for . The service is excellent and check in and out is a breeze . Check it out you will not be dissapointed !
we had 4 rooms there and they all were extremely clean and I tried to find dirt but could not. The pool area is so nice for the kids front desk ...so polite and helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Varner
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We will definately be staying here again! We stayed in suite 316 which had a jacuzzi, fireplace, king bed, and sleeper sofa, plenty of room for our family of four. The bed was so comfortable we slept like we were at home. My teenage daughter thought the sleeper sofa was "very comfy" for a sleeper. The room was so clean and did not smell like your tipicle hotel room. The room was quite as well, didn't notice any of the "outside" noise. It had a balcony with a view of the strip. The spiral slide in the outdoor pool was a huge hit with the kids as well. Close to everything!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

So clean! I didn't feel like I had to wear my shoes in the shower or line the beds in plastic. I let my boys sit in the floor and I wasn't worried about what they were sitting in. The pool area is great. We had a blast on the water slide. My boys are 3 and 6 and they loved the slide and we had a hard time getting them out of the pool. I would recommend Willow Brook to anyone who ranks cleanliness in their top priorities.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jayslady
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Have stayed there many times and loved it and never heard a noise while we were in our room. Some hotels u hear the shower running or toliet flush but not here.Some are complaining about the breakfast didnt eat it but if is free and could go and buy ur own and see what it would cost. I will be back there and hopefully soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lees095
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Great accomodations, friendly staff and atmosphere. This is our second yearly visit to Willowbrook bringing daughter and 2 grandchildren. No complaints other than w-fi failed to work in our room. Spent 5 days without internet connection which was frustrating. Was told at beginning of stay they were working on the problem, and told when we left they were "sorry" wi-fi did not work. If wi-fi is an important and necessary feature to you during stay, make sure it works in room before booking. Except for the wi-fi issue, everything was great, and plan on being back, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family