“Extremely Pleased”
Review of Willow Brook Lodge

Willow Brook Lodge
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The hotel is immaculate, up to date and very quiet even though it is on the Parkway. The staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast was excellent, the pool area was spotless and the water crystal clear. We just loved the beautiful landscaping they have all around the hotel.The photos that the hotel post are exactly how it looks. There is nothing negative I can say about Willow Brook Lodge. I recommend this hotel to everyone as this will be our new home in the Smokey Mountains.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thehawk32

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed 4 nights @ W.B. to visit Dollywood the last wk of Sept. It was very quiet when we checked in Wed pm. Room was 2 doubles, very clean with frig /micro & coffee pot. Breakfast was great, the girl worked hard to keep everything well stocked. My husband had the eggs & biscuits & I enjoyed the oatmeal/cereal & sm powered donuts!!( a treat, because I usually try to avoid them at home), the woman who complained about the juice!! cups, I found them fine, 4 oz, which is what most diets recommend because of all the sugar! there where apples which I enjoyed,better for you anyway! Front desk very friendly , we used the indoor pool & hot tub because it was chilling when we where there, no kids with us so ok. Its walking distance to go carts & Pizza place next door. For the $ 59./ night price we coulndnt have done better!! The day we cked out there was a Shriners parade that went by the hotel so that was fun great stay! PS. also a laundry room & elevator, which came in handy after knee surgery

Room Tip: we where on the 3 rd floor looking out @ the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Willow Brook now for eight years. We stay at least four times a year. We would never stay anywhere else. Everything is always clean and the staff is wonderful. The staff always make us feel welcome , from front desk to maintenance. It is in walking distance to many attractions.The property is always kept neat and clean as well as rooms.We have sent many friends to Willow Brook to stay and they all were very satisfied and returned many times after.The breakfast is wonderful ,all you could ask for, even eggs, biscuit, and gravy I could not ask for more.It is a great place for families.We feel at home here and will continue coming for many years.There is nothing bad we could say about Willow Brook . If you stay here once you will never stay any where else again in Pigeon Forge. The pool is great and the slide is not only fun for kids , the adults enjoy it also.

Room Tip: We love the courtyard balcony rooms in summer you can set out and read and see the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a family suite and it was perfect. Plenty of room for two adults and two teenagers. The room was more than just clean. The beds were so comfortable, not like other hotel beds. It was in a very convenient location and the price was very affordable.

2  Thank Murrayfamily_4
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We just returned from a four night stay at this hotel.We were very impressed by how clean our room was. As for the beds, technically they were pillow top mattresses but that does not mean they were plush. Both the pillows and beds were so uncomfortable. By the end of our visit, my husband and I had sore backs and necks.
The breakfast was fine since it was free. I have seen better and I have seen worse. If you are looking for waffles and bacon, then stay somewhere else. I was very annoyed when they ran out of eggs for the biscuits twenty minutes before breakfast was over and was told to eat the hard boiled eggs instead. I also could not stand the fact that the cups provided for juice were enough to hold about a sip. I understand that some people take advantage of free breakfast but I am not one of them. I really do not want to get up every two minutes to refill my cup. I don't even drink a lot! Needless to say, neither of these things will keep me from coming back. I will just get to breakfast earlier and bring my own cup!
The pool slide was awesome!!! I planned on taking my 5 and 2 year old the Splash Country but they had so much fun on the slide that we never had to leave. Honestly, my husband and I loved it as much as the kids did. The baby pool was too cold to use which was a surprise since it was so hot outside. I don't think that was the hotels fault though. My biggest complaint about the pool is that you could not see into it at night. I had a hard time keeping an eye on my older son since there was only one light by the slide. Also, the towels provided were a joke. If they had been any smaller, they would have been a hand towel. They only fit my two year old so bring your own pool towels if you stay here. Overall, we enjoyed our visit and will most likely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the North building in summer for the outdoor pool and the South in the winter for the indoor...
1  Thank LaurieSR
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Our room was given away after we were told we did not follow "policy" of checking in by 6:00pm. There is nowhere that I can find any record of this policy.
I made 2 reservations at the Willow Brook Lodge. I called by phone and made reservations for 2 rooms, arriving July 29th checking out July 31st. When I arrived in Pigeon Forge, I had a message on my cell phone from a Judy at Willow Brook stating that my credit card was "invalid" and that if I did not call her back within 30 minutes she was going to give my room away. She had left me a message because we were traveling across the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and there is NO cell service at all there. So, by the time I listened to the message and called her back she informed me that she had given our room away to someone else. I was shocked! I asked her how she could have done that and she stated that we had not followed their policy of checking in by 6:00pm and that she then ran my Visa card and it was invalid. I was never informed of a "6:00pm check-in" policy and that if I did not do so my room would be cancelled. Their website to the contrary states:
Guarantee Policy:
A guaranteed reservation assures you of a room even if you check in very late (after 6:00 pm). All reservations made through this web site must be guaranteed to a major credit card.

Judy insisted that our room was given away because we had not called or checked in and that my credit card was invalid. She never one time verified my card information or asked me if it was correct. She just assumed that the card did not work and gave away the room. I in fact, showed up at the hotel with the full payment in cash, but was continually told that there were no other rooms and that if I had followed policy this wouldn't have happened. My friends had checked into their room earlier, which was also under my name. Judy never tried to contact my friends who were checked in UNDER MY NAME to verify anything. If she had called their room they could have told her we were on our way across the parkway. She then proceeded to try to give us another room which she considered an "upgrade" which was not even comparable to the room we had reserved. We decided to take it since we would probably not be able to find another room. She also stated that the room would only be for 1 night since they were booked for the rest of the weekend. Reluctantly we went to the room and when we got there we immediately decided there was no way we would stay in that room. There was something splattered all over the wall in the sink/bathroom area. At the same time, I got a call from my friend, that the front desk was looking for me and that I would not answer the phone in the room. I went over to the room phone to call the desk and realized the phone was not even in working order, it wasn't even plugged into anything. I called the front desk from my cell phone and she informed me that she had spoken with her general manager and that we were going to have to pay $134.99 for the room that night and that I needed to come back to the office right then and pay. I went back to the office and returned the keys and told her that we absolutely would not stay in that room and certainly not for that price. Judy then basically insulted me in front of other people in the lobby stating "that if my card was valid then we wouldn't have had this problem." I was so insulted I left in tears. I placed a phone call to the General Manager on Monday August 1, 2011 to try to speak with her and let her know about my experience. She was equally as insulting and told me repeatedly that I did not follow their "policy" and that it was "industry standard" to practice as they had. Since I had not gotten there at the time they thought I should check in, that "any other hotel would have done the same thing." I am apalled that I was treated with such disrespect. We left and found a wonderful room at Mainstay Inn and Suites and were able to enjoy the rest of our weekend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tabor3
WBLParkway, General Manager at Willow Brook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Reservations confirmed with a credit or debit card are welcomed for late arrival providing that the card that is used as security will accept the first nights charge. It is never our desire for a guest to misinterpret our reason for asking a card as security for the reservation.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I am very hard to please when it comes to hotels but I have to say the Willow Brook Lodge can not be beat ! Clean, clean, clean and the beds are to die for . The service is excellent and check in and out is a breeze . Check it out you will not be dissapointed !
we had 4 rooms there and they all were extremely clean and I tried to find dirt but could not. The pool area is so nice for the kids front desk ...so polite and helpful

3  Thank Varner