When searching for a place to stay in the Great Smoky Mountains, we chose to stay at Willow Brook Lodge. While our previous fantastic stay urged us the most, it was also highly recommended by Trip Advisor reviewers a year later. As soon as I discovered this, I decided to visit their website to discover that they still offer the Manager's Special of 10% off the entire stay when booked online beforehand, which made the great stay more affordable as we went during the peak season of the summer. They also fulfilled our request to occupy rooms as close to our in-laws as possible.
Perhaps the most important feature was the quality of the room. It is very spacious and well-updated with a flat screen television that allowed us to enjoy a clear view of various channels. Our children and us slept nicely on very comfortable firm yet soft mattresses with four pillows on each bed. The air conditioner was efficient and not near as noisy as other rooms we have stayed in at other hotels. The shower and toilet are separated from the vanity and sink, but the shower head provided an overall spray which made a pool of water collect outside the shower, regardless of how we secured the shower curtain, when our 4'5'' and 4'3'' children showered, and my husband and I felt like we had rinsed off less evenly due to the extreme overall spray feature.
We did enjoy a well-above average continental breakfast each morning. The following is a list of items available:
1) Original Krispie Kreme doughnuts
2) Whole red apples
3) Toasters, microwaves, paper goods, and eating utensils
4) White bagels and variety of bread slices
5) Scrambled and boiled eggs
6) Grape and strawberry jam
7) Butter and cream cheese
9) Sausage gravy
11) Raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon/sugar for oatmeal seasoning
12) Three varieties of cereal in large dispensers
13) Caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee with condiments
14) Orange/pineapple, orange, and apple juices from a single juice dispenser
15) Milk from a single milk dispenser
The entire hotel, including the grounds, is well-kept. Flowers and shrubberies decorate the outside. Every foot of the facility is very clean and it is clear that management expects high-quality work from their staff.
As for the pools, young children need to try to enjoy the slide before 11 AM in the morning. Parents of most adolescents and teenagers, for the most part, do not watch how rough their children are being around the pool area. The adolescents and teenagers like to go down the slide directly after the previous person, whether the person is the size of their leg or larger than them, whether they know them or not. There is much more running in the outdoor pool area than the indoor pool area, but enjoying the outdoor pool before 11 AM can aid with this issue.
We look forward to staying at Willow Brook Lodge for all our upcoming Great Smoky Mountains vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A resort atmosphere on the Little Pigeon River right in the center of action-packed Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN of the Smoky Mountains! Featuring a wide variety of rooms with family suites, Pigeon Forge condos, jacuzzis, fireplaces and balconies available. Willow Brook Lodge has an outdoor pool with 75 ft. waterslide and hot tub, an indoor pool and hot tub, a deluxe continental breakfast and wifi internet access included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Willow Brook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willow Brook Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Willow Brook Pigeon Forge