“Would recommend”
Review of Willow Brook Lodge

Willow Brook Lodge
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 28 April 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Willow Brook the last 2 years. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it's just fine for us. The free wireless internet is nice and pretty reliable, and the choice of indoor or outdoor pools is good. The only issue we had this year was that the bathtub drained very slow and the shower pressure was less than you would expect. The breakfast is good for a hotel and the rooms are well maintained. We had a patio room on the first floor with a nice king size bed. The patio was right beside the pool and was a good size with 2 chairs and a table. If you are going to book with Willow Brook, check the website and get the Managers special. This is usually a 10 - 15% off coupon for your entire stay. We will definitely return on our next trip to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2010

My family and I styed here for 1 night. We had the Family Suite with 2 queen beds, fireplace, jacuzzi, small fridge, microwave, and balcony that overlooked the Parkway. Room was cleanish. Carpet made the bottoms of our feet black after walking on it but walk hotel doesn't. My 8yr old son and my wife enjoyed the jacuzzi. Tv was 32" flat screen. The shower water pressure was terrible. You could here a pin drop. Now for the rock hard beds. I meant to say CEMENT. I understand hotels need to have firm matteresses for longitivity but we would have slept better out in the parking lot with a sheet to cover up with. The pillows were bad too. The indoor pool was good. Didn't use the outdoor pool because it was too cold outside and raining. If this is your choice for hotel, go online to get a 10% off coupon. It helps fight the heavy taxes.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank gdbloch7
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I took my wife and three of my kids (all boys, twins 10 yrs old and a 5 yr old). We just went for one night as a quick getaway for the weekend. The kids loved the pool! The slide was great...they must have went down it a thousand times. The hotel itself is right in the middle of the action on the Parkway so if you wanted you could walk to lots of different places or take the trolley that comes by the hotel. The room itself was fine. It wasn't dirty but there was a bit of black mold on the caulk in the bathroom that was between the tub and the floor but none in the bath tub itself. I had no problem with the room. I especially liked the balcony on the third floor room we were in. I could watch the kids play at the pool late from the balcony (my wife was pool side). The pool is open until 11pm so kids don't have to worry about the pool closing early. I thought the staff was very friendly. I called the hotel twice before making my reservation online and both times I spoke with someone different and they were very helpful. Checking in and out was pretty effortless. They were helpful when I asked them about some cool places to take my kids while I was there. If your standards are very high then maybe this place isn't for you, but honestly, if you are that way then you probably aren't going to be happy no matter where you go. I was very satisfied with Willow Brook and will be going back again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank torgojones
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Don't feel like wasting my time on this place but just to save people from our experience I will say don't stay here. Hotel receptionist are rude and acting like you are interrupting their time except when it comes time to check out. We had four days scheduled there and after the first night we were so disapointed we checked out by 9am. We took our money and for less than 20 more a night we stayed at the Christmas Place Inn which everyone had already suggested. These two places are miles apart in service. Biggest problem with the willowbrook is it's about $40 a night overpriced. Trust me you can do so much better. I am only about an hour and a half from Pigeon Forge so we frequent all the time and this was our first and last visit with Willowbrook. I work in sales and understand that alot can be overcome with nice customer service. These guys could learn alot from the folks at Christmas Place Inn. You won't regret the stay there I guarantee. If you don't want to pay the extra for the Christmas place that's fine but you can get a place equally too the Willowbrook for much less.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beaufaith
Reviewed 24 February 2010

My mom and cousin had stayed here so we thought we'd try it out and we loved it! We had a 9 month old, at that time, and were able to have plenty of room for his pack-n-play, room for him to play in the floor the indoor pool so he could float in his little float w/o being in the sun or cold or rain, we even went to the creek behind the hotel and watched ducks! We really enjoyed our stay! Our room was clean, it wasn't a busy time of the year so it was peaceful and VERY affordable! Planning on returning this spring!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Me and my husband stayed here for two nights for an anniversary trip. We had drove by here several times on past trips to Pigeon Forge and it always looked really nice, so I wanted to give it a try. When we got to our room it was just ok. There were cobwebs in the corners and black stuff on the ceiling over the heater/AC unit. The ceilings are very low so this could have been easily wiped off. I found two shiny grey hairs on the sink(definitely not ours) and there was a plastic tag on the floor. The rooms are a good size, but the bathroom is very small. The breakfast wasn't bad, but we only ate it one day and decided to go out after that-just not much variety. I think this could be a very nice hotel, but it needs a real good cleaning. We have stayed other places in the area that were much cleaner with a cheaper price. For the price you can get much better accomdations.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Overall, I would say we were satisfied with our stay at Willow Brook; however, I believe I could have found better accommodations for the price. One thing you should know is that if you plan on someone using a sofa sleeper, beware. The sofa sleeper was so bad in our room that I'm not sure a dog could have slept on it. The exterior fabric was worn; but the sleeper itself was in horrible condition. We've used sofa sleepers before, so I know they are not excellent for sleeping. This one, however, was so bad that we asked for another room and paid an extra $120.00 over our stay to make the change. While the continental breakfast is sufficient, it is also provided as economically as possible. It includes cereals, bagels (toasters need to be replaced), cake donuts, biscuits and gravy, OJ, and hot beverages. While the rooms were average, just a little painting, wallpapering, and general maintenance would help the appearance significantly. We experienced no problems with cleanliness, although the pool area did not appear well maintained. The staff was extremely congenial and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family