“Only place I will stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Tower Inn

Park Tower Inn
Ranked #30 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Blountville, Tennessee
“Only place I will stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Friends recommended a stay at this hotel back in 2001 - ten years later still going. Service is second to none. Pricing is always reasonable. The biggest catch - always up to date and very clean. Always maintained without question. Indoor and outdoor swimming areas are always clean and well kept. If you like a clean room and an area that is family friendly - Park Tower Inn is the only place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank cahouserjr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
travelers rest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

when we arrived at the hotel it was storming bad...we go into the lobby to check in we were greated by an older lady she was very nice and checked us in fast...she then told us which door was closet to our room so we could get out of the weather faster...we make it to our room and it was big and clean we had 2 queen beds with a balcony...after a few mins of being there i got a call that our son had a motorcycle accident and was being taken to the hospital...i ran straight to the front desk to see if i could get a refund...the same lady that checked us in was still there and see seen how upset iwas she gave me a refund right away no hassling me...she even tried to calm me down by telling me that everything would be ok and to drive carefully...i will be back to the wonderful hotel and would recommand it to anyone ...thank you so much for being caring people...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rednecklady420
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Every year we visit Pigeon Forge because of it's "family friendliness" and down home hospitality. We have three children and used to be guest here once or twice a year. This past Christmas we decided that a trip to our favorite vacation spot would be our Christmas present. We called ahead and made reservations, starting the day after Christmas. Rates and times were dicussed and accepted and we promptly recieved an email confirming it. When we arrived in the evening though, everything changed. The desk attendant (a male) charged us a much higher rate. We showed him our confirmation letter and he still refused the rate on it stating that the wrong price was quoted to us! We explained it wasn't our fault and that he should honor what it said. He refused. We were outraged and only paid for part of the days (we were supposed to stay 8 days), as we only brought the amount stated on the confirmation. I advised the man that I would be speaking to the manager the next day. The next morning I spoke to the manager, an older lady, and explained their mistake to her and showed her the email confirmation. She asked me where I got that (huh?) and accused me of trying to rip them off! I explained that we were repeat guest for several years and this hotel always was our place of choice and that I just wanted her to honor the rate on the confirmation letter. I explained that we didn't have any more money except what we had to eat on and that this was our family Christmas present. Her reply was, "I'm sure you're going to do more than just eat here!!!!" We were so shocked, hurt and very disappointed. We left after the days we paid for and found a very nice motel down the parkway. Yes, we used our food money to pay for it and wired parents for gas money to get home. Needless to say, I'm still very hurt. Guess what? When we got home I had a confirmation email from them, exactly like the one I originally got, BUT with the higher rate on it! Before we came home, we registered a complaint with the Tourism Dept. because they assured us that the owner of the hotel would get a copy of our letter. I just felt that if the owner knew, he would admit their mistake and make good. Well, he never got a copy. It went straight to the hotel and the manager recieved it! She promtly wrote me a letter and very staunchly stood behind her refusal to honor THEIR confirmation. She stated that this was the OWNERS decision as well. I'm sorry but I seriously doubt the owner even knows about this horrible experience. I hope and pray nobody else goes through what we did. -The G family

Room Tip: Beware of poor business ethics.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank mattie01_11
PARKTOWER, Public Relations Manager at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
I'm sorry to see that even after this guest admits they knew what their rate was would still have hard feelings over a mistake that a clerk made. Our clerk was trying to give them a discount during a time where there was no discounts and forgot to put in the weekend rate...
That kind of a mistake does not mean that you still would not owe your bill when staying knowing your rates. Then to say that the clerk should have to pay for the mistake or the property to eat it. Is very sad.
Smithville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have been staying with Park Tower for over ten years now. I absolutely love this place! Very clean, and the staff are always on hand for whatever reason you need, For instance, my husband was sick with cancer and had a nose bleed that would not clot off, so I called the front desk for a flash light. They rushed right up to our room flash light in hand and offered to call an ambulance and asked if they could do anything. They have been remodeling the rooms and have added flat screen TVs. I have no complaints at all. I HIGHLY reccomend them and yes I have tried other places close by and they do not compare at all. Leaving on Thursday to check in and cant wait!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
3 Thank jewelsntn
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

From the time I called to make my reservation until I checked out, I was very happy with hotel & the employees there. Everyone was very helpful & nice. The room was very roomy, very clean...had microwave, mini fridge & flat screen TV with full channel line up. WiFi was super easy to access & always available. The indoor pool area (including the hot tub & lazy river) were the best!!! Never overcrowded, clean & good water temps. My only complaint would be very low water pressure in the shower. But speaking of the shower, it was spotlessly clean!!!

Room Tip: 6th floor with balcony
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Jackson, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

This was not our first visit with Park Tower Inn. We return here because of the cleanliness, location and helpfulness of the staff. The first night we had to take a two bed room and changed to a king for the remainder of the stay. Both rooms were very clean and remained that way. Breakfast is sufficient and never a problem finding a place to sit in the large dining area. Would love it if they would add waffles to the hot menu, but biscuits and gravy are OK. We would recommend this to anyone looking for affordable lodging near the Smoky Mountains.

Room Tip: We always ask for the mountain view side.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
dahlonega
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I was in a group traveling to Pigeon Forge, & our stay was wonderful. The check-in and check-out process was very smooth. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The room was clean and well taken care of during our stay by housekeeping. The only thing I might suggest is that you supply a small bottle of shampoo since we kind of get used to that from the chain hotels. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2011