“An Oldie but Goodie!”

Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Wallins Creek, Kentucky, United States
“An Oldie but Goodie!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is where my family stays whenever we go to Pigeon Forge. It is an older hotel, but it is very well kept and reasonably priced. The indoor pool and lazy river are nice, although the chlorine can be a bit overwhelming at times. But, I guess that's to be expected. The breakfast area is very nice and the staff works continually to ensure all items are restocked promptly. Oh! And they have recently added a waffle maker, the kiddo's really love that. I must say, I have never encountered a single staff member who wasn't courteous, respectful and friendly. We won't stay anywhere but at the Park Tower!

Room Tip: If you are hot natured, as we are, and you are staying in the summer, ask for a room on the back sid...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past.My family and I was in town for a company picnic so I suggested this hotel.We had two rooms,the second night we was there my neice found a roach in her bed.the next morning my sister in the other room found several roaches in the bathroom and in the sink.The roaches was in both rooms.When we reported this to the manager her actions was like we were lying.She said we would need to show her,I flushed the ones i found.We told them so they could spray those rooms before I let the parking lot I took all my belongings out of suitcase and checked so I wouldn't carry bugs home.We stayed on fifth floor.

Room Tip: Everthing is great about this hotel except roaches
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mary m
PARKTOWER, Owner at Park Tower Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your recent stay, we have addressed the issue with management and our pest control . We are sprayed monthly, however problems do arise beyond our control. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future. Thank You
Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pros-- This is an older but well kept hotel - Great room size, great pool area -- pool, lazy river, hot tub, our room had a balcony which was an added bonus. Staff all professional and friendly.
Cons-- very basic breakfast, and older mattresses.

Room Tip: They do have family suites with kitchenettes.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy K
Liberty, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stay every time we go to the mountains. love the free breakfast, lazy river and the pools. we also like the cleanliness of the room. and planning another trip from july 3 to 5 this year. and many more trips before year is out

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank kenneth v
Coeburn, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

In the 12 years we have been visiting Pigeon Forge, we always end up at Park Tower Inn. Another great stay this time as well. From the excellent customer service, clean rooms, indoor lazy river, indoor/outdoor pool, price and location, you would be crazy not to stay at Park Tower. Perfect location to go out in the evenings, walk and enjoy the attractions. Staff is always nice and helpful and rooms always clean and maintained. Thanks Park Tower, the only place we look forward to staying!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank PRGAND3
Foothills, NC
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed here. The first time, we had two little kids; this time our kids' ages are 7, 5, and 2. We booked a room that was supposed to sleep 6 adults; two queen beds and a pull-out couch. The room we were given was absolutely PERFECT! It was sooo roomy, which we needed with 3 kids running around. We never really felt like we were bumping into each other. I loved it. Room was clean and up to date.

Our room happened to have a balcony. I'm sure that when The Park Tower Inn was built, the balcony pickets were built to code and spaced appropriately. However, I wouldn't let my two youngest out there. It was really scary; it looked like they could fall right through. Once again, they are probably up to code, but if you have a kid under the age of 7 or 8, I'd opt against the balcony just for peace of mind. Otherwise, it can be pretty nice (see pic). I would spend a little time out here after everyone went to bed.

The continental breakfast was quite the carb-fest, but wasn't bad. I think I grew a little weary of it after day four. It was always plenty stocked and clean.

Pools: We always go on vacation in May before the tourist season hits, so we aren't there when it's terribly crowded. The pools are small and ok for kids. They were clean and chemicals were balanced. Don't go here if you are looking to do laps, but they were fun to relax in. The indoor hot tub had a rather sandy bottom (probably due to the sand filters), but it was ok. Kids loved it. I absolutely love it that the outdoor pool is heated, so folks don't have to wait till the temps are in the 90's to enjoy it. It was great!

In essence, this is the best bang-for-the-buck in terms of hotels. There's no massive water park, no dinner mints on the pillow, etc. However, this is a great place to stay for your average person who needs to get out of town for a few nights.

The staff was helpful and friendly, and there's a really good chance that we will be back! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 May 2014

this is a great place to stay in pigeon forge,it was very clean,breakfast was good .pool was super.good location.will stay agin on our next trip in june.front deskclerks were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: stay on 6th floor if u can great view on the town
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family