“Terrific”
Review of Park Tower Inn

Park Tower Inn
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We really liked this Hotel. We were a last minute walk in and got a very good price. We received a lot for the price we paid. Their pools are fabulous for children. The rooms are spacious along with being neat, clean and quiet.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
PARKTOWER, Relations Manager at Park Tower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2009

We thank you for your stay with us and hope that you will find your way back for another stay. Please feel free to call us for your next reservation.

Thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

We decided to stay here at the end of our Pigeon Froge vacation, my sister was staying there and said her kids loved it. First let me start by saying checking in was a snap, friendly people. The room was very clean and I'm kinda picky! The cond. breakfast was wonderful, a little packed the day we went but because of a bus loads of people. Had a variety of things to choose from and saved us money instead of going out to eat. This is a very nice hotel, not the ritz, but comfortable and clean. The only flaw, which is why I didn't give it a excellent is the pool area. Though our kids had a wonderful time, the lazy river and hot tub are very nice....well it was the overwhelming smell of chlorine, we were on the 3rd floor and as you walk down by the time you hit the 2nd floor you could smell it. In fact it was so strong that after I took our children down there I was stuffed up the rest of the night and whole day on way home the next day?? My sister as well got sick as well as a sore/raw thraot. That is the only thing I'd check on. If you have allergies or get headaches easliy then this might not be good for you. I realize it is a indoor pool, but I've been to many and the smell was never this strong, maybe some kind of ventilation or maybe it needs to be check because the levels are to high?? Anyway this is just my opinion you can take it or leave it.....overall nice hotel needs help in the pool area!
Recommend if traveling with children, maybe not if any allergies.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Our family (two adults and three children under 8) stayed at PTI for six nights. The first night we stayed in a regular two-queen room. The next five nights we stayed in a Family Suite which consisted of two adjoining rooms - the first room was a standard room with two queen beds, small table with two chairs, TV, bathroom and a vanity area outside the bathroom. The second room had a king bed, sofa, table with four chairs, and a kitchenette. The second room was the room with the door to the hallway. It was the room where the parents slept but it did not have a bathroom, which was inconvenient if trying to go the bathroom after the kids went to bed.

We tried to negotiate in advance for a better room rate but the people answering the phone were not willing to negotiate. Most hotels have some ability to negotiate price but PTI seems to really stick to their prices regardless of vacancies. That's fine, but the staff could have been more apologetic about it rather than acting rude when we asked for discounts. We ended up booking online which was nice since we didn't have to deal with the people on the phone or risk losing our reservation. But, we didn't like making a down payment of 10% to reserve our room. Other hotels don't request down payments.

When we arrived the man behind the front desk was eating (actually he was eating most of the times we saw him) and seemed bothered to take care of us. His welcome was a bit cold and he didn't offer any information on the location of our room, breakfast room, pools, parking, etc. I had to ask for anything I wanted to know. Later when I asked him about dinner shows he was a very talkative. Perhaps he cared more about the nightlife than customer service.

The hotel layout is a bit odd. The breakfast room is down a long hallway from the front desk. Follow the signs to get there. The basement-level pools (lazy river, indoor pool, and indoor hot tub) were also difficult to find. Only one elevator went to the pool area and the signs on the wall didn't help. The outdoor pool was the hardest to find and required walking through the parking lot to enter.

One sign incorrectly pointed to the game room location. The game room consisted of air hockey, pool table, and a couple arcade games. One of the games stole my quarters which the front desk replenished. The exercise room required a key from the front desk. Strange.

It seemed like Management had been burned a number of times by guests. They have signs/rules for every possible infraction. The breakfast room LOCKED at exactly 10:00 AM. If you needed more milk, too bad. The signs on the wall clearly indicated you were not allowed to take food back to your room. Doesn't everyone bring food back? You had to get towels from the front desk for the pool. They advertise PTI is family owned and operated. It seemed like a very strict family. With all the rules, we joked amongst ourselves that we were staying at the Park Tower Penitentiary. ;-)

The breakfast was fair to poor. It consisted of three choices of cereals, packets of oatmeal & grits, toastable pancakes, milk, orange & apple juice, bagels, and canned fruit. There was no protein or fresh fruit.

The rooms were fair. The rooms were dated with pealing wall paper. The beds were very firm but that was fine for us. The Family Suite was nicer. The kitchenette was convenient and clean. The air conditioning worked well and the TV had a good selection of channels. The wireless internet connection worked well. Overall we were very comfortable.

The indoor pools were a lot of fun. Although the water was not flowing in the lazy river the first day, it was a family favorite. The indoor hot tub was large. The outdoor pool was nice and was well heated. Our kids really enjoyed the pools. It was nice that they were opened late.

The Park Tower Inn is a great place for people on a budget who want some amenities. Before we went on our vacation we researched a lot of hotels/motels in Pigeon Forge and found this to be the best value. After staying there I would say it is still a great value. However, now I would go there with lower expectations. The staff may not be friendly to me and I will have to eat all my food in the breakfast room. But, the convenience of having a Family Suite, lazy river, two pools, game room, and free continental breakfast while traveling with little kids far outweighs the uncomfortable unfamily-like atmosphere. And, I think PTI knows it so they won't change their ways. That's their prerogative.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank vvansanten
Reviewed 21 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Park Tower Inn May 19, 2009. This was our first visit to this hotel and I had seen good reviews. The hotel was very nice as well as the employees. Our only problem was the beds. They were extremely hard and also made a noise anytime I moved. It is a nice hotel and everything appeared to be very clean and is located in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We had reservations for this hotel for our 30th anniversary celebration. We called to confirm the reservations and we were advised that our reservations had been cancelled due to the fact their employee made an error regarding the cost of the room. No one ever attempted to contact us and advise us that our reservations had been cancelled. Futhermore, the manager referred to his employee who made the error in such a demeaning manner that we will not even list his words. I just know that I would not want this individual representing my hotel. This was supposed to have been a celebration for us and now at the last minute we have to find another hotel. So much for customer service!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Christianfamily007
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We arrived here on a Monday and were greeted with nice people at the front desk. After checking into our room we found it very clean and spacious. The hotel was located on the strip and close to everything. We were approx 10 mins from Gatlinburg and very close to many parks. As for the pool and lazy river they both seemed very nice and clean although we never used them. The continental breakfast was nice as well it included; cereal, french toast, pancakes, bagels, muffins, fruit cocktail, milk, and juice. The room and hotel was awesome for the price of 39.95 per night. When we did leave which was on a Friday they were also very courteous at the desk and we had no problems. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2009

This was the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in. Everyone was super nice. I would and have recommened this inn to anyone. The indoor pool and lazy river was the greatest for our boys. Saved us alot of money on going to a water park. Very resonable rates. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. Sounds like we will be your home away from home and, thats what we like. Looking forward to you next stay with us.