“Laurel Crest”

Laurel Crest
Ranked #44 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We had 4 nights a t this resort as a package that required us to sit through a presentation.I have to say it wasn't a hard pressure sell, which was nice. We had a one bedroom in building seven. No complaints with room at all. The wi-fi was totally useless and hardly worked. Probably if you were closer to the office it would. THis is a time-share resort and not our thing, but the room was nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank WolfBay

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Laurel Crest ruined my overall experience. It really makes me nervous about the overall quality of the purchase I made. My daughter was coming in from the pool when another guest opened the door over her foot cutting it bad. This was reported to the front office. No one even attempted to come from behind the counter much less come to the pool to check on the situation. My husband was with the children at the pool and called to the room to get me. I came down to check on her and again reported this to the office and requested a first aid kit. I was told they did not have a first aid kit and the only thing they could give me was some Lanicane spray. When I came back thru the front office carrying my 11-year-old child because it hurt to bad to walk, again no one offered any assistance. I asked for the address to the nearest hospital since it was apparent she was going to need stitches and again no one offered any assistance. They just gave me a sheet of paper that had the directions to the hospital. This all happened about 8 pm on our last night there. Four stitches and six hours later we were finally leaving the ER to go back and pack for the 8 1/2 hour drive home. The security guard working the gate was the first person at this so-called "Resort" to ask how my daughter was doing. When I checked out and asked the lady at the desk for that exact address of the Resort so that I would have it when reporting the accident to my insurance. Then, and only then did someone ask me what her name was and what our room number was. Even still, no one ever asked what happened. So you might want to consider putting rubber guards on the bottom of the doors from the game room to the pool area to prevent someone else getting seriously hurt on this property and discovering that the employees don't give a DAMN about their guest. In addition, as if this were not enough o ruin my trip we had to boil water every morning to take showers and baths because the hot water heater would only last long enough for one shower or one bath. When we reported this to the front desk, they sent maintenance to check on it. I was told nothing was wrong with it and that about a shower and a half was about all to be expected from such small hot water heaters. This was not acceptable for a room that was booked with 2 adults and 3 children.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank CJ H
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The staff was very helpful....The grounds were well cared for.... The rooms were clean and well stocked with everything we needed for a week's stay...Beds were VERY comfortable...Plenty of parking....close to all attractions...would stay here again.....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShelbyD81
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Went for a weekend with blue-green. The room looked fine and the people were nice. Spent one night and the following day, saw a bug next to me on the couch. Husband killed it and had a look, took it in tissue to the front desk and they confirmed it was a bedbug. Found another as we were packing up. Hotel offered to move us to another room, but we weren't having any of that. Headed out and cut our weekend holiday short.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Pappy-Gran
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The entrance to the resort was inviting. The staff was always friendly and smiling. The ladies at the front desk were so sweet and helpful. Our accomodations were clean and well stocked. Nice linens and towels. We also pulled a trailer with motorcycles. They had parking for our trailer and the resort has good security. My grandson enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed the whirlpool tub in our room. Very nice place to stay. Not as big as some condos I have stayed in before, but nice, clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BettyRuth
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I'm a bluegreen owner and I was extremely disappointed with my stay @ laurel crest. My family and I even cut our trip short bc we didn't want to be there. Now that's sad :( it was so unreal @ how horrible the beds was. The couch was all stained up and had threads coming out getting ready to make holes. I just think for the money we pay to be a owner of bluegreen that they could update the beds and couches so that the people staying could actually enjoy their stay

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Snnhen
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Kind of hard to find since it is not on the main strip, but nice and quiet with an entrance gate for security. It has a game room down stairs with a standard indoor pool. I wish it had room service so you don't have to drive anywhere, but it does have a nice full-size kitchen. The balcony overlooked a nice outdoor heated pool and a child's playground. They had resort activities posted, but we were always out so we don't know how good they are. We stayed as a guest for someone who owns it, and there was some pressure to attend a workshop for a couple of hours, but we declined nicely and that was the last of it. Overall good if you have the money.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms face inward to outdoor pool.