“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, IN
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This resort was very nice. We stayed for three nights in a very nice suite in building 10 using my dad's Bluegreen points. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The couches were a little old, but we didnt spend much time sitting in them anyway. The bed was comfortable. The suite had a jucuzzi tub which was nice for my kiddo's to take their bath in. The pool was pretty good, nothing fancy. We liked the fact that it had both an indoor and outdoor pool.

The resort itself is located very close to the Pigeon Forge attractions, and we were pleasantly surprised to see a Kroger grocery store just down the street.

Overall, it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank btesnar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was my second time staying at Laurel Crest, August 3 through 6, 2012. My girlfriend and I took my best friend and his girlfriend for an adult weekend of rafting and go cart racing. We were not disappointed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom combination suite, a one bedroom with a hotel room attached. The rooms were clean and very nice. We did hear occasional noise from our neighbors, mainly when we were in the bathroom, it was only occasionally and not a deal breaker. All of the staff was great and very helpful. I would recommend Laurel Crest to all of my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank thelonewuf
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We had 4 nights a t this resort as a package that required us to sit through a presentation.I have to say it wasn't a hard pressure sell, which was nice. We had a one bedroom in building seven. No complaints with room at all. The wi-fi was totally useless and hardly worked. Probably if you were closer to the office it would. THis is a time-share resort and not our thing, but the room was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank WolfBay
New Albany, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Laurel Crest ruined my overall experience. It really makes me nervous about the overall quality of the purchase I made. My daughter was coming in from the pool when another guest opened the door over her foot cutting it bad. This was reported to the front office. No one even attempted to come from behind the counter much less come to the pool to check on the situation. My husband was with the children at the pool and called to the room to get me. I came down to check on her and again reported this to the office and requested a first aid kit. I was told they did not have a first aid kit and the only thing they could give me was some Lanicane spray. When I came back thru the front office carrying my 11-year-old child because it hurt to bad to walk, again no one offered any assistance. I asked for the address to the nearest hospital since it was apparent she was going to need stitches and again no one offered any assistance. They just gave me a sheet of paper that had the directions to the hospital. This all happened about 8 pm on our last night there. Four stitches and six hours later we were finally leaving the ER to go back and pack for the 8 1/2 hour drive home. The security guard working the gate was the first person at this so-called "Resort" to ask how my daughter was doing. When I checked out and asked the lady at the desk for that exact address of the Resort so that I would have it when reporting the accident to my insurance. Then, and only then did someone ask me what her name was and what our room number was. Even still, no one ever asked what happened. So you might want to consider putting rubber guards on the bottom of the doors from the game room to the pool area to prevent someone else getting seriously hurt on this property and discovering that the employees don't give a DAMN about their guest. In addition, as if this were not enough o ruin my trip we had to boil water every morning to take showers and baths because the hot water heater would only last long enough for one shower or one bath. When we reported this to the front desk, they sent maintenance to check on it. I was told nothing was wrong with it and that about a shower and a half was about all to be expected from such small hot water heaters. This was not acceptable for a room that was booked with 2 adults and 3 children.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank CJ H

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Tucker, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The staff was very helpful....The grounds were well cared for.... The rooms were clean and well stocked with everything we needed for a week's stay...Beds were VERY comfortable...Plenty of parking....close to all attractions...would stay here again.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShelbyD81
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Went for a weekend with blue-green. The room looked fine and the people were nice. Spent one night and the following day, saw a bug next to me on the couch. Husband killed it and had a look, took it in tissue to the front desk and they confirmed it was a bedbug. Found another as we were packing up. Hotel offered to move us to another room, but we weren't having any of that. Headed out and cut our weekend holiday short.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Pappy-Gran
Tampa
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I would stay here again and I recommend it. However, its not as good as mountain loft.

The good- The staff was amazing. The guests were pretty cool too. Really really helpful.

The average- Rooms were just Ok, Not ok 'bad' but ok.

Stayed here with my kids because it was closer to Pigeon Forge and Mountain Loft (another time share property) was booked.

Room is clean, comfortable, but not a 'wow'. Everything worked, no issues, but not a 'wow'

Staff is top notch, very knowledgeable and let use check in early. They also had ALOT for kids including a drum circle and tug-a-war over the pool.

Its a great fall back if Mountain Loft is booked. Its good in itself.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Laurel Crest? Share your experiences!