“nice stay”

Ranked #76 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
“nice stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

stayed 4 nights at this location and found it to be a good value for the money. Close to the center of things and right on the road. Ann the lady who was there when we checked in was very nice and helpful. Would stay again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We just returned home from a three night stay at a "riverside" room for 175 bucks total. Pretty good deal for double queen on ground, so we could feed the ducks! The lady at the front desk wasnt too friendly, the tv were box standard, (you dont realize the difference HD makes if you dont have it, funny bc my kids were confused), and older furniture, BUT that is THE ONLY negative comments I can say and those are petty. The rooms were VERY clean, I mean, I walked barefoot on the carpet and it was clean. The maid was super nice and friendly, but great at her job. The breakfast was simple-biscuit and gravy, doughnuts, toast, waffles, and cereal. However, it was over at 9:30 SHARP!The ducks in the back will eat out of your hand, so take bread, corn, or food for them. They also have a duck food machine for 25 cents, but it doesn't take long to run out (of quarters and food). There is a fence that separates you from the ducks, so no poop on patio. The pool was clean and running, fun for kids under 15. I have had better, but I too have spent more. This location is right at light #5, two blocks from walgreens. We will stay again for sure!

Room Tip: the "riverside" rooms are off the strip for peace and quiet, river views, duck feeding, BU...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
West Liberty, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I'm currently staying at the Econo Lodge right now. After just having a nightmare of an experience at another hotel that we left this morning, this place was a great relief. The price is very decent for two adults, roughly forty dollars. The room is tidy and very well cleaned, and even though we chose a smoking room, it had no nasty smell of stale cigarette smoke. The room is fairly large and the furniture is very nice, well placed, and functional, leaving plenty of walking room, with two queen beds in ours. There's also plenty of space for two females to get ready at the mirror(with excellent lighting), without cramping one another, which is very rare for the low price. In addition, there's a refrigerator and a microwave that both work very well, along with the air conditioner.
When we checked in, the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Overall, I'm very pleased with everything, especially for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Pool was neat. Has slide and a mushroom fountain. They were price gouging people last minute if you tried to reserve a room for labor day weekend. My rate was $50 less because I had reservations than the people in front of me who were still looking for a room. There was a pentagram on the ground in the back that someone has painted. The water pressure is terrible. In fact the shower was almost useless.

• Stayed August 2013
Bluefield, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had stayed at this motel several years ago. My grandsons wanted to stay where there was a slide into the pool, so I booked the Econo Lodge. They absolutely loved the water slide. We loved going out back and feeding the ducks down by the river. I really don't understand going for the weekend and paying $100 or more for a room. The room was clean and that is all we needed, because face it, you aren't in the room very much when you are in Pigeon Forge. All in all, it's a good place for the price. I will be going back before the pool closes so they can enjoy it again.

Room Tip: I don't see any difference in the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BlfdBeaver
Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My family has been staying here every summer for the last 5 years. It's not a 5 star hotel by no means BUT the location is great, rooms are clean, price is very reasonable, and the kids love the pool and waterslide. The best rooms are in the back with private balconies overlooking the river.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jen P
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family has stayed here several times...one of 3 places we normally stay while visiting the area. It has always been one of the nicer places for the price and the kids love the pool/waterslide. My husband and I took a weekend get-a-way July 13, 2013 and took advantage of Dollywood's extended summer hours (until 10:00pm) before checking into our room. After arriving and getting settled in we took a quick showers. His shower was fine, water pressure was good no issues. During my shower I lost all water pressure....I mean ALL to the point of not even a trickle. Called the front desk, they had "turned on the water to the pool to fill it back up". The night clerk said he would go cut it off but he had worked there 23 years and never had anyone complain of water pressure issues. I gained water pressure back enough and completed my shower. The next morning the same thing happened.....no pressure, this time there was a small trickle and I was able to get the ice bucket to catch enough water to FINALLY rinse off. I addressed this to the two people working the front desk, as I checked out, and ask to speak with a manager. No manager was there, but they would leave him a message to contact me. Tuesday morning "Kevin" the manager called to say he was "sorry" and proceeded to tell me that this was an ongoing problem they were having and he had addressed it with the town of Pigeon Forge twice already and he would call them again. I questioned if they knew about this when we checked in why were we not told or at least given our money back when we did call the office so that we could of had an opportunity to go elsewhere. And I quote from the manager of this facility "they might have been told to not tell people about the water issue". I question his position and ask who would have told them this (he said he didn’t know)....and also explained to him that if they knew this when we check in and said nothing, then we call the front desk about an issue they already knew about....that is like selling someone a broken car KNOWING it's broke!!! His reply was and I quote again "if you put it that way, I guess your right". At this point I ask for a refund since they know the issue upfront and we had complained twice about it. He said it was an issue on the utilities side and they could not refund all my money. I ask to speak with the manager/owner that is over him and he stated I quote once again "they would not call me...they had ask him to call". I also ask if this facility was owned by any Patel's (I know a few owners that are Patel’s and didn’t know if they may have purchased this one also) and he said "no". I called the utilities department to verify that there was a problem that they were working on for the hotel. On July 5 the hotel did file a complaint with the city about the lack of pressure, however the supervisor of the utilities department stated “they checked the pressure on the city side and it is fine.....the issue is on the hotels side”. FYI…..The hotel IS registered with the State of Tennessee under a Mr. Patel (not any of them that I knew). I find it very shady that a place of business feels the need to lie about things that are public information. I have ask for a full refund but have not heard back at this point. Depending on the outcome of my refund, a complaint may be filed with the BBB. We will NOT stay here EVER again!! Use caution!!! In addition to the water issue, the cleanliness of the rooms have gone down too. Dirty looking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple