“Very nice accomodation minus some construction...”

Review of Lance's Loft

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bill567
Kingston, New York
“Very nice accomodation minus some construction issues”
Reviewed 27 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay in Lance's Loft. The cabin was fantastic inside and had a spectacular view from the deck. The hot tub overlooking the Smokies was great. The cabin was comfortable. It was far enough from town to be relaxing, yet close enough to be convenient. The cabins are packed in pretty tight, but set up to allow for privacy at the same time. We had a couple of rowdy neighbors down below, the first two days, but they calmed down at quiet time and couldn't be heard from inside the cabin, anyway. The property is well maintained and the views are amazing. I did have an issue with construction crews working on Saturday. I understand things need to be built and maintained and have no major issue with this on a week day, but I would think the weekend is impeding on the clientele. Overall it was a very good experience and I would recommend Sherwood Forest to others. One thing I found odd, however, was that you can book a stay here and from booking to leaving never come into contact with a single staff member. Not a complaint. Just an observation. The kitchen was stock fine. The gas fireplaces were nice and the stay was quite relaxing and enjoyable. The water pressure in the bathroom was god, but the kitchen sink pressure was slow. Perhaps something to look into, but we really had no major complaints.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
1 May 2017
Dear bill567,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay at Lance's Loft. We are happy we were able to meet your expectations and you enjoyed your time with us. It is true that you can go your entire vacation without seeing one of our staff face to face. But we are at the check-in office at the entrance to the resort from 9 to 5 and the local call center and maintenance are both available 24/7 if you need anything. We will follow up with maintenance about the water pressure in the kitchen and see how it can be improved. The construction crew must be behind on their schedule since normally they do not work on Saturdays at all inside the resort. We strive to make every stay a pleasant one and genuinely appreciate you choosing us for your Smoky Mountain vacation. We look forward to the opportunity to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

23 Jan 2017
Dear Trip Advisor member,

We wanted to thank you for sharing such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Lance's Loft. We’re honored to have shared the Smoky Mountain experience with you. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Coastal67...
“Beautiful Cabin”
Reviewed 9 November 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This place was gorgeous! I would absolutely stay again. Views are unbeaten & we loved the hot tub! Only recommendation I would give is to have some updated kitchen pots & pans. Thanks!

14 Nov 2016
Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed the view and I am sorry to hear about the issues that you found in the cabin. Our housekeeping department has replaced the pots and pans. Guest feedback is the most important tool that we can use to improve our cabins and I wish to thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

celiadeni...
“Construction during my entire stay. Cabin was very dirty”
Reviewed 30 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Not only did I have to deal with constructing new cabins in front of me below me behind me and above me that went on all hours of the day and night throwing boards from the top floor hitting the ground serious foul language from the builders did not care about anyone else around them that paid the money to come there not sure the management staff cared either the cabin was seriously dirty smelled like urine could not use the bed. Trash was everywhere very unusual I've stayed here year after year I was really let down this year.

19 May 2016
Dear celiadeniser,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret that you were disappointed by some aspects of your stay. Please accept our apologies for what is not indicative of our service levels and we can assure you that our housekeeping and maintenance department is taking your feedback seriously. We are grateful that you chose to spend your vacation with us. We hope to welcome you and your family back to provide you with an exceptional level of service on your next trip to the Smoky Mountains.

Karen S
Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
“Loft fine but noisy area”
Reviewed 24 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We spoke with Wyndham rental office re building g noise below us and we're told they couldn't do anything. We had ash from builder fires every morning come up on our deck so couldn't sit on deck and enjoy beUtiful view. There was a lot of yelling by builder folks every morning so noisy from yelling at top of lungs and construction noises. Wyndham seemed not interested in the least to listen to our concerns. Guess it wasn't their vacation so didn't care. Cabin itself was nice. Fireplace in main living area was gas and worked well. Fireplace in bedroom was electric. Temperature in cabin was difficult to regulate. When sun shines in backside of cabin in morning are it becomes quite warm in kitchen so to cook you will need sunglasses and be warm. Pans to cook with were worn and tough to use. Drain in tub/shower didn't drain well. Cabin was decorated nicely. If you don't remember to turn on outside lights and come back in dark you can't see to punch in code to open door. Not easy to do if bears are walking by. Loved the wildlife in area just not while I am trying to open door in pitch black. We did enjoy ourselves, just not what I expected for what we paid.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner

Young singles A romantic getaway
Older travelers
3 Dec 2015
Dear johndL2093QI,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. I am disappointed that you experienced hot tub issues as well as the pool table being unusable in Lance?s Loft and that it impacted your stay. As in any home malfunctions may occur, and I apologize that these issues were not identified and fixed prior to your stay.

Your comments are very important to us. We want to exceed your expectations and make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. I hope you will give us another opportunity to do so in the future.

Tiffany Brantley
sueb0818
Ashland, Missouri
“Little piece of heaven!”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This unit is everything it says it is...and more. It's clean, well stocked and very nicely furnished. The bed, a California king with a pillow top, was absolutely ah-mazing! We slept so well every night we were there. And after long days spent in the nearby Smoky Mtn National Park or doing other touristy activities- the private hot tub overlooking the mountains was the perfect way to wind down.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet and serenity
Liked least: even on vacay, a girl likes to know how they look. A full length mirror would be a great touch
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing