“More food than I could eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calhoun's

Calhoun's
Ranked #25 of 170 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“More food than I could eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was in the mood for barbecue and wanted to not have to drive far...the Pork Plate was enough pulled pork for at least two hungry people and the slaw and barbecue beans were awesome. The happy hour wine prices were awesome. Josh, my waiter, was very personable and made me feel comfortable since I was by myself.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Toledo, Ohio
“Don't believe their sign”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Then sign says "Best Ribs in America" Who ever decided that just doesn't get out much. I have had 10 times better ribs in New Hampshire. Also had the brisket at our table and was underwhelmed by it also. If want better BBQ drive a little bit further down the road to Bennett's.

Marion, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal of our visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Pricey, but the food was fabulous and the waitress was great. Also located within easy walking distance of our hotel.

Visited March 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Hmmm....probably not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

In all fairness, we arrived very late Sunday night at the cutoff for seating. Upon arriving at the hostess stand, we asked if they were still seating and the young man said "yes" and the young woman next to him said "no". After some very uncomfortable facial expressions were exchanged between the two and the young lady stomped off, we were sat in a booth. While our waiter was attentive, the only thing I wanted was potato skins, which she told me that were out of.

My husband ordered filet and I had quesadillas. His steak came out perfectly cooked, abit somewhat dry, but with great flavor. My quesadillas were excellent however my side baked potatoes had obviously been reheated and was chunky to say the least. While out waitress was nice and attentive in the beginning we never got a refill on drinks after the meal arrived. While I feel pretty confident that several things would have been different had we arrived at a normal dinner hour, the experience as a total did not induce me to revisit Calhoun's on my next visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Bern, North Carolina
“was just so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

we have eaten here many times and hoping that they were just having a off night so when we go back to Pigeon Forge in June we will try it again BUT if it is like it was last summer we will start going to the one in Gatlinburg next time as that is the first one we went to. My husband is a lover of BBQ so he goes for that while I usually get the steak or Ribs. The service has always been great and very helpful. We will go back again this June to see if they were just having a BAD night..

Visited August 2013