“Excellent Ribs”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Went to dinner and the food was excellent! In our party were 2 children and 2 adults and our bill was around $70 which I thought was a good price. Service was great. We had Ribs that were amazingly good and the 1/2 chicken which was good also. If you choose to go there for dinner I would highly recommend the ribs!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was in the mood for barbecue and wanted to not have to drive far...the Pork Plate was enough pulled pork for at least two hungry people and the slaw and barbecue beans were awesome. The happy hour wine prices were awesome. Josh, my waiter, was very personable and made me feel comfortable since I was by myself.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Then sign says "Best Ribs in America" Who ever decided that just doesn't get out much. I have had 10 times better ribs in New Hampshire. Also had the brisket at our table and was underwhelmed by it also. If want better BBQ drive a little bit further down the road to Bennett's.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Pricey, but the food was fabulous and the waitress was great. Also located within easy walking distance of our hotel.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

In all fairness, we arrived very late Sunday night at the cutoff for seating. Upon arriving at the hostess stand, we asked if they were still seating and the young man said "yes" and the young woman next to him said "no". After some very uncomfortable facial expressions were exchanged between the two and the young lady stomped off, we were sat in a booth. While our waiter was attentive, the only thing I wanted was potato skins, which she told me that were out of.

My husband ordered filet and I had quesadillas. His steak came out perfectly cooked, abit somewhat dry, but with great flavor. My quesadillas were excellent however my side baked potatoes had obviously been reheated and was chunky to say the least. While out waitress was nice and attentive in the beginning we never got a refill on drinks after the meal arrived. While I feel pretty confident that several things would have been different had we arrived at a normal dinner hour, the experience as a total did not induce me to revisit Calhoun's on my next visit.