“Good value.”

Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good value.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place for the night at the last minute and this place was nearby and cheap. For the price, it was very comfortable and clean with some superficial problems (loose ceiling tile in the bathroom, light bulb out, etc). Our only complaint was that the wifi didn't work. If you're just looking for a place to lay your head at the end of the day, it's a great choice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stay in this area at least several times a year and I stumbled across this property with fantastic rates for a weekend getaway. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the location was great and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable! Loved feeding the ducks and relaxing on the porch by the river. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. I think I have found my favorite place to stay! I will be telling my family and friends about this place. I stayed last weekend and hope to go back in May!

L. Sartain
Columbia, TN

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building and you couldn't hear anything!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have read the reviews on The River place Inn & Cabins, mostly good some not so. So I thought I would find out for myself. LOVED it!! The room was Very Clean.... The staff was very friendly, very quiet place, Loved the Geese and the Ducks, got up in morning and sat outside feeding. I understand some said the place needed an upgrade , well yes maybe so. BUT I would go back tomorrow, and when I stay in Pigeon Forge if they have availability this is where I will stay. Their beds were very Comfortable also... They give you a coupon for Hardee's to eat breakfast. Very Nice of them. So THANK YOU River Place Inn, I needed a few days away and I enjoyed my stay :) We stay March 20,21 and checked out on 22, 2014

Room Tip: Rooms VERY CLean, Comfortable Bed, Friendly staff, also Very Affordable for a family these days
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lori0735
Galax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

First off this was major false advertisment. The hotel was nothing like pictured on the website. Upon checking in,i found the room to be discusting. Badly stained towles, and bed spreads with several light fixtures not working. The shower dripped constantly and there where stink bugs all over the room. The "private balcony with river front views" was looking into the cabin blocking any view we could have had. And the ducks..... oh the ducks that didnt quack, but screamed at all hours of the night was enough to drive anyone nuts. Not that you where sleeping anyway on the very hard mattress and dirty pillows. One more thing the WiFi doesn't work either... please dont waste your money here..

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank kirbytravels2011

Travellers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Roebuck, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We love staying at river place inn. My husband and son and me love sitting on back porch looking at river and the ducks. The location is great. They great about cleaning rooms. The lady had front desk told us about some places around town. We love it and told all our friends and family about river place inn.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank aprilsmit
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went there with bunch of my friends during Christmas. After checking in , as we were about to leave for our rooms the lady at the reception desk told us " I don't want any partying in the rooms , Don't make me call the cops". I mean seriously is this what you say to a person checking in your hotel and you dunno who the heck they are ?? . Absolutely rubbish , and thanks to her the whole day was spoiled. Moreover it was mentioned that was free breakfast in the morning. But when we went there next morning, the room to the breakfast area was closed and when we called up , she said the breakfast will not be served. Why put up the sign then ?? TV, Heater were all outdated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandyondaime
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We have stayed at the River Place Inn several times in the past few years. We especially like it due to its dog friendly rooms. We have a Bassett hound that we bring with us and the doggie rooms are set up with a front and back door that allows you to take your dog out behind your room to a large area where you can walk them and enjoy the river all at the same time. The rooms are clean and nice. It is also convenient to most of the attractions in Pigeon Forge. It is close to the Patriot Park and River Walk which are also excellent places to walk your dog and enjoy the river.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your pet, ask for a doggie room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family