“Stay Away Unless You Want To Sleep In Filthy Conditions!”

River Place Inn & Cabins
Ranked #71 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My first time staying here......big mistake!! It was late when we arrived. At 11:30 upon entering room for bedtime, we noticed soiled comforters, hair all over bathroom floor, urine on toilet seat attachment and mouse droppings under vanity sinks......and by 11:45 we found our first roach runnung through room. He was killed and thought all was good until roach #2&3....then #4......then at 1:30 in the morning, roach #5 scurries across our floor.....all 5 killed and photographed. I slept with lights on till 7am for fear of them getting in bed. I notified front office upon dressing and they were very uncaring!! Told me exterminator has sprayed and maybe thats why they are coming in my room......i immediately told the lady that the exterminator is supposed to kill them not drive them in my room. She then proceeded to tell me that if I were that unhappy that I should have called the front office and they would have moved me to a diff room. I am assuming that if a roach is in our room (which was an adjoining room with immediate family.....and yes the roaches were in both) that they would be in other rooms as well. I proceeded to tell her that had i come to the office, that no one would be there because they closed at 1:00am and it would have been pointless to get another room if i had to be awake by 7am anyways. She told me her manger rarely comes to the office but she will take my name and number with my complaint in case she stops by. So anyhow.....long story short, stay somewhere that is American owned and cleaner......because you certainly DO get what you pay for!! Stay FAR FAR away from this place!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Fastpitch28

Reviewed 23 May 2014

First of all, this is a cheap motel in the heart of a very cool place- don't expect a lot of bells and whistles. The towels were old and worn, the bedding wasn't modern, etc etc BUT the room was clean, and in fact, when my son dirtied up the floor running in and out to watch the ducks (by far his favorite part of the stay) the housekeeper even cleaned it, despite the fact we were checking out the next day. It was also nice and quiet (except for one particularly loud goose one morning) and the bed was comfortable to me. The microwave and fridge saved us a ton on food, and like I said, the kid LOVED walking out the back door and being surrounded by ducks and geese. All in all, I'd recommend it and will probably stay here again on our next trip to the Smokies.

Room Tip: If you like the idea of swarming foul, and don't mind all the droppings in the yard, get a room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Having arrived at the end of a ten-hour car trip early in the morning, was surprised to see the vast contrast of the rooms and the portrayal of the rooms through the website. One thing that's interesting is that the website features a stock image of some generic mill from somewhere, which is the farthest image away from what you would confront if you mischance to decide staying here, probably attracted by the price. Bugs in the rooms, etc. Disgusting ducks, one with what looked like sewage on its face from the blackish river nearby pecking at each other and making noise at your door throughout the night, teeming through the seemingly abandoned swimming pool and dilapidated skeleton of a building next door, like some kind of post-apocalyptic landscape. It was also enjoyable to have a desk clerk who pretended not to be able to comprehend that I had modified my reservation on noticing that AAA gave a discount, and who would not even look at the receipt I printed from Their Own Website, as if having been exhausted by what must compose an almost never-ending series of customer complaints. At least there's a fun story somewhere to be had if you want to experience the fond remembrance of happening to stay for a night at the worst motel you can conceive of.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Taylor D
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This place was one of the cheapest in the area but the accommodations were great! The place was clean and they had a lot of cable channels.

The only thing not working was the wifi but they are close enough to everything that I had good mobile data (Sprint).

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a place for the night at the last minute and this place was nearby and cheap. For the price, it was very comfortable and clean with some superficial problems (loose ceiling tile in the bathroom, light bulb out, etc). Our only complaint was that the wifi didn't work. If you're just looking for a place to lay your head at the end of the day, it's a great choice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stay in this area at least several times a year and I stumbled across this property with fantastic rates for a weekend getaway. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the location was great and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable! Loved feeding the ducks and relaxing on the porch by the river. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. I think I have found my favorite place to stay! I will be telling my family and friends about this place. I stayed last weekend and hope to go back in May!

L. Sartain
Columbia, TN

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building and you couldn't hear anything!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have read the reviews on The River place Inn & Cabins, mostly good some not so. So I thought I would find out for myself. LOVED it!! The room was Very Clean.... The staff was very friendly, very quiet place, Loved the Geese and the Ducks, got up in morning and sat outside feeding. I understand some said the place needed an upgrade , well yes maybe so. BUT I would go back tomorrow, and when I stay in Pigeon Forge if they have availability this is where I will stay. Their beds were very Comfortable also... They give you a coupon for Hardee's to eat breakfast. Very Nice of them. So THANK YOU River Place Inn, I needed a few days away and I enjoyed my stay :) We stay March 20,21 and checked out on 22, 2014

Room Tip: Rooms VERY CLean, Comfortable Bed, Friendly staff, also Very Affordable for a family these days
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family